Turn for the worst

Contract Killer II: Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first week flew by rather quickly. Plans were finalized, documents were prepared and assets were set. The second week, however, was when the nerves really started to set in. Pairs would take turns to go outside to get drinks and snacks but the main reason was really to prevent insanity or the thoughts getting to them. The mental stress on everyone was definitely taking its toll. No one was in the mood to joke around anymore. Not when there’s a very real possibility that they’re sending one of their closest friends to their possible deaths.

Along the week, they had decided that Sally should ultimately go with Eunha. The both of them knew best about the layout of the house and how volatile the old couples’ moods were; especially her father.

 

Eunha tucked her gun into the waistband of her pants and adjusted her earpiece. A small transmitter was bound to Eunha’s thigh and well concealed in her pant leg. Another tracker was fitted around both their waists and would send live information to the ops base where they can dispatch information and record the entire audio picked up from the transmitter.

Daein and Ji-in had opted to stay behind while the rest of them went. In the mid-day sun, they gathered on the blind side of the mansion for the last briefing.

“The officers have fanned out around the perimeter with all points of entry secured. No one’s leaving without our watch,” Jihyo said.

“Remember, once you got him to say what he needs, you get the hell out and we’ll give you cover,” Yerin said and Eunha nodded. The girl took a deep breath and held out her arms, gesturing for a group hug. Sojung tackled Eunha into a hug so tight the pair almost toppled over. The rest of the girls joined in and very soon, Eunha was getting into the car with Sally. They were to drive up to the mansion as if they had come alone.

“Welcome home, I see you finally realized whose side you’re on,” a voice greeted them as soon as they stepped through the front door.

“Yeah, I realized that I still had rubbish to take care of here,” Eunha said passingly as she walked to the kitchen to pour a glass of water for Sally and herself. The girl seemed to be the epitome of calm as she strode back and handed Sally a glass. Eunha walked over to the couch in front of her father and plopped down, making herself comfortable. Sally hesitated for a moment before taking a seat beside Eunha, though looking less comfortable and more uneasy than when they first stepped in.

“That you do. Your group of… friends left quite a mess behind the last time they came. Maybe they should learn some manners and how to behave in a household,” Mr Jung said, emphasizing his distaste with a look of disgust.

“I’m sure it’s no big deal. You can’t make that much of a mess in a hole anyway,” Eunha gave a sardonic smile and raised an eyebrow. She noted the anger that flashed in his eyes at her words but paid it no heed.

“So what brings you home?”

“Well, it’s definitely not you,” Eunha shrugged nonchalantly. “I just want to gather some stuff and I’ll be on my way again.”

“And what are those stuff?”

“Financial records in my office, maybe a couple of inventory files for the past few years and maybe some guns for myself too. Oh, did I forget to mention the hard-drive from your office?” Eunha tapped her chin as if she were thinking.

“So that’s how you want to play this game? Don’t you forget, I have the police wrapped around my fingers. None of these things will get you anywhere. Haven’t you realized, Eunbi? We’ve won. No more governments who only want to rule over the people and keep them under control. We have freed the country and soon, they will realize how grateful they should be to us,” he laughed.

“And what makes you think you’re any different than the government. You’re just like them no? Using the mafias to intimidate those who disagree with your political views and killing them as you deem fit. Sounds like the government who use the police to control the general population,” Eunha shrugged. “Sounds more like you just want to be a world leader to me.”

“The mafias are around to make sure everything goes according to plan. You’re terribly wrong if you think we’re going to stop at just our country. There’s so much corruption in the world. Until everyone is free, we’re not stopping.”

“So you want to create some sort of new world order, and by what? Committing genocide? You’re a little ambitious, aren’t you? Bold to assume that not all of the police are corrupt and that you have a group hot on your .”

“They won’t get very far either. To achieve peace, there must first be chaos. And you’re right, if anyone stands in my way, they deserve to DIE!” the man yelled and lunged at Eunha, wrapping his hands around . The girl somehow remained calm despite the death grip around her airway.

“You can kill me… won’t change anything,” Eunha croaked out.

“Let go of her!” Sally yelled as she tried to pry his hands off. He loosened his grasp but kept his grip firm.

“It won’t change anything but it would make my job a little easier without extra distractions. I realized I could have tied up other loose ends too but your friend, Yerin was it? Ruined the whole plan! The IRC was my upper hand against the government but of course, you fools had to ruin it all for me! You’re a fool Eunbi, you picked the wrong side to fight!” He roared. Before he could strike, Eunha smashed the glass in her hand against his head, stunning him to be momentarily. She kicked him in the chest and sent him stumbling backwards, smashing into the coffee table.

Eunha grabbed Sally’s glass and chucked it at his head before making a dash for his office.

“Sally! Go to the study and grab my laptop!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter