The last stretch

Contract Killer II: Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung adjusted her cuffs as she approached Eunha’s room. The door was ajar and she peeked in. Eunha was sitting on the edge of her bed with her head drooping down. Sojung lightly knocked as she slipped in and Eunha turned towards her.

“Hey,” Sojung gave a warm smile.

“Hey yourself,” Eunha returned a smile of her own as Sojung approached her. “You look good.”

“As do yourself,” Sojung knelt in front of the girl. Her left leg was still in a cast which made her pant leg look a little fuller. The older girl reached for Eunha’s hands, holding them in her own and pressed a kiss on the girl’s knuckles. A smile tugged at Eunha’s lips which prompted Sojung to reach up to the girl’s head, combing her fingers through the short brown hair and stopping to rest her hand on the back of Eunha’s neck.

“I’m with you, okay? Always,” Sojung whispered and Eunha nodded, sniffling slightly. The former got back up, placing a kiss on Eunha’s forehead. “Come.”

Eunha closed her eyes and took a deep breath before pushing herself up, keeping her weight on her right leg. Sojung slipped an arm around the girl’s waist and helped her downstairs where the girls were waiting.

As soon as they reached the bottom of the stairs, Yewon was already standing by with the wheelchair.

“Thank you,” Eunha whispered as she sat down. They left the penthouse and proceeded to the car park. Sojung helped Eunha settle in the passenger seat of Yerin’s car whilst the doctor folded up the wheelchair and loaded it into the boot. Once they were ready, they set off for the Supreme Court with Yewon leading the way.

Today was the day of the trial. The day that all becomes known.

The two luxury sedans pulled up at the facility and that was when it sank in. Eunbi helped to get the wheelchair set up while Sojung eased Eunha out of the vehicle. Once she was comfortable in the wheelchair, they entered the building. 

Security at the courtroom was tight. All electronic devices were to be left behind and no bags were allowed inside. There was a checkpoint at each entrance, fully equipped with metal detectors and a guard who would conduct a pat-down before clearing for entry.

Once passed the heavy security, they entered the courtroom and caught sight of Daein and Ji-in who were with a couple of officers in neatly pressed class A uniforms. Looking ahead, they saw guards situated at each corner of the room.

“Eunha,” Ji-in greeted and bent down to give the girl a tight hug.

“How are you feeling?” Mina asked.

“Better than before. My ribs are still aching but I’ll get by. This has been a burden though,” Eunha sighed and looked down at her leg. “I can’t do anything with this all cast up.”

“That’s the point. You’re supposed to order people around to do the things for you,” Nayeon winked, causing the big group to erupt in laughter.

“I’m sure even without her ordering, someone is more than willing to lend a hand,” Sally pointed out.

“I’d argue but I can’t disagree,” Sojung shook her head with a laugh.

“It’s about to start soon, let’s get you seated,” Jihyo smiled. Ji-in led the way to the plaintiff’s desk and Sojung wheeled Eunha over. She engaged the brakes on both sides and knelt by Eunha’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter