Inner demons

Contract Killer II: Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunha stared blankly at the tumbler in her hand as she swirled the whiskey around, letting the ice cube clink around with the motion. After all that happened, she definitely needed a drink. They were currently at a motel in the outskirts of Suwon. After stopping by the penthouse to pack some clothes and arms, they were back on the road. Keeping on the move was a much safer option than staying put at a single place for now.

“You alright?” a gentle voice asked, snapping Eunha out of her thoughts.

“Hmm? Yeah, I guess,” She said and took a sip from her glass before placing it down. She walked over to Sojung who was leaning against the desk. The latter wordlessly spread her arms and Eunha walked straight into them, burying her face in the crook of Sojung’s neck. Sojung rested her cheek against the side of Eunha’s head, rubbing the girl’s back.

“I’m sorry,” Eunha mumbled against Sojung’s skin after a while.

“What for?”

“For leaving without a word. I thought that I could protect you. All of you. I was so focused on keeping you guys safe that it didn’t occur to me that by doing so, I’d hurt you all.”

“Silly,” Sojung lightly smiled and gently pulled away, taking Eunha’s right hand into her own and tilting the girl’s chin up to look at her. “What’s passed has passed. I don’t blame you for it and neither do the girls. Although we did have quite an argument over it,” The older girl said and sheepishly scratched her head, causing Eunha to blink in question.

“I may or may not have punched Yerin in the face and wrestled her to the ground,” Sojung said slowly but quickly waved her hand when Eunha’s eyes widened in shock. “But that’s because I was still reeling! None of this is your fault really, we were all just… worried… and our emotions got the better of us. But it’s all good now,” The girl quickly explained and Eunha seemed to be more relieved.

“I’m also sorry that you had to find out this way. I wanted to tell you myself, I really did… I just… Didn’t know how. I was…Afraid.” Eunha said, looking down at her hand that was in Sojung’s hold. The older was tenderly running the pad of her thumb over Eunha’s knuckles to calm her down. “I was afraid that you might leave me as Sally did.”

“I wouldn’t ever leave you. I give you my word. Jung Eunbi, look at me.” Sojung said and cupped Eunha’s cheek with her right hand. “No matter how bad things seem, I will always be here. Right next to you. Okay? You’re my little bunny. Always,” She whispered with a smile as Eunha closed her eyes and leaned into Sojung’s touch.

Eunha let herself be pulled into Sojung’s embrace once again and circled her arms around the latter’s waist. Inhaling, she took in a deep breath of Sojung’s scent and relaxed. She missed Sojung. Then again, she couldn’t help but feel troubled.

Sally.

It was clear that the girl was genuinely apologetic towards Eunha and truly wanted to make things right again but there was no way they could ever get back to where they left off. Even if Sojung wasn’t in the picture, the damage was done. There will always be a little voice at the back of Eunha’s head warning her about trusting Sally. Abandonment issues? Maybe. But whatever it was, it made Eunha feel bad that she can’t reciprocate the girl’s feelings. It was just Eunha’s nature to feel sorry about things even if they’re not within her control.

“You alright?” Sojung’s gentle voice asked and Eunha felt herself being held back slightly by the shoulders as the taller looked at her worriedly.

“Yeah, just tired. Shall we sleep?” Eunha asked and Sojung nodded with a smile. Eunha felt warmth in her chest when she saw Sojung smile. It’s that gentle smile that never failed to make Eunha’s heart flutter. She could see the love and affection in Sojung’s brown orbs whenever the older looks at her and the gentleness in her touch and voice. There’s a whole list of little things that Sojung does that somehow manages to have Eunha fall deeper and deeper in love with the girl every day.

They slid under the blanket and Sojung shifted closer to Eunha till the latter’s back was flush against her chest. She slipped her arm over her girlfriend’s waist and smiled when Eunha laced their fingers. Pressing her lips to the back of Eunha’s head, she closed her eyes as she took in the presence of the girl in her arms.

“I love you,” Sojung whispered and Eunha squeezed her hand. The latter didn’t know why those three words caused tears to well up in her eyes. It wasn’t the first time Sojung had said it and it definitely wasn’t the last but here she was, eyes shut to prevent the warm tears from spilling out.

“I love you too,” Eunha whispered back after calming herself down. She hoped the older didn’t hear the slight tremble in her voice. It didn’t take long for Sojung to fall asleep. With the girl’s slow rhythmic breathing as a lullaby, Eunha too drifted off before she knew it.


════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

Eunha found herself awake a couple of hours later. It was half-past three in the morning and Sojung was sound asleep beside her. Eunha turned over carefully to face the sleeping girl to avoid waking her. Sojung seemed to be the epitome of serenity at this moment. Eunha let her eyes roam around the girl’s face, eventually falling on Sojung’s lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter