An insider's tip off

Contract Killer II: Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung fiddled absentmindedly with her necklace. It was a gift from Eunha for her birthday just a year ago. She thought back to what her girlfriend had made her promise, to never give up on her and to keep fighting. There was a lot that Sojung was feeling right now that she didn’t know how to put any of her feelings or thoughts into words.

“A penny for your thoughts?” A voice asked, snapping the girl out of her daze. She looked up to see Yerin taking a seat in the couch beside hers.

“Oh y’know… Just thinking back to the happier and more carefree times.” Sojung said with a wistful smile.

“Don’t worry, we’ll get her back. I would think it’s up to us this time. I’m not going to risk putting us all on the line by asking Jihyo and her team for help.” Yerin said as she leaned back in her seat and crossed her legs. “But we do have some clues as to where she might be.”

“Wha- How?” Sojung asked, perking up.

“Did you forget we have trackers on our phones?” Yerin smiled gently and the realization dawned on Sojung. They had fitted a small tracking chip into their phones as a precaution, in the case that a contract turns sour, they would know exactly where to find their members and extract them ASAP.

“Where is she?”

“Back at her parent's home.”

“So she did choose to go back after all…” Sojung sighed. She was disappointed that the girl chose to run instead of letting them help her but then again, Eunha would have her reasons for doing so.

“She did it to protect us.” Yerin pointed out. “We’ll devise a plan to get her out and expose her parents. What we need is hard evidence. Paper trails and whatnot. Any physical piece of evidence that incriminates them will increase our chances of clearing Eunha’s name.”

“But how are we going to do that? Infiltrate her parent’s mansion?”

“That’ll be suicide. This is Quantum Tech we’re talking about. Based off what we know about them… I have a feeling this won’t be as easy as it seems.” Yerin furrowed her eyebrows. Sojung looked down at the phone in her hands. She had sent Eunha a message last night, telling her how sorry she felt and how helpless she was after understanding the whole situation. The message was read but there was no reply.

“What if they seized her phone and planted it somewhere to throw us off?” Sojung hypothesized.

“Even if that’s the case, it won't hurt to just go around Geumcheon.” Yerin shrugged. “But until we think this through and have a solid plan, let’s not make any impulsive moves.”

“I know.” Sojung gave a sad smile. Yerin stood up and clapped her friend on the back before heading up to her room.

“How is she?” Eunbi asked as Yerin closed the door behind her.

“Alright, I guess. She’s trying her best to hold things together. The most we can do now is to keep an eye on her and monitor Eunha’s movements.” Yerin said as she sat down beside Eunbi on the bed.

“Do you think I should have told unnie sooner? Maybe she could have stopped Eunha…” Eunbi spoke softly after a moment of silence.

“B, it’s not your fault if that’s what you’re thinking,” Yerin said as she took the girl’s hands into her own. “All of us are to be blamed then. Especially Yewon and I since we were the first to know. She wanted us to keep it a secret and so we did. Maybe… She felt it wasn’t time yet. Or maybe she wanted to settle it herself. Whichever the case, I believe in Eunha. She’ll be fine and so will we. We’ll get her back, together. Hmm?” the surgeon squeezed Eunbi’s hands and the latter nodded with a small smile.

“Shall we go make some dinner for the rest? It doesn’t seem like they ate a proper meal today.” Yerin said and Eunbi nodded.

“I don’t think anyone has much of an appetite but I’m sure chef Jung can change that.” Eunbi jested and Yerin laughed.

“We’ll see about that.” The girl grinned.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

Sojung was in the middle of a movie when her phone lit up. With her eyes still glued to the screen, she mindlessly lifted her phone and glanced at the notification for a moment. Her attention was immediately shifted to her phone when she saw that it was an email for a new contract. Pausing the movie, she unlocked her phone and read it.

To: KSJ

Hello. I’m aware that what I’m about to request isn’t entirely part of your job scope but seeing how you and your friends managed to successfully pull off a nightclub raid, I’m sure this shouldn’t be too tough for you.

There’s a shipment of arms and bomb parts waiting at the shipyard in Dong-gu. The container marked QNTU5370906 contains the arms and parts as well as a dossier of the shipment and who is receiving. What I’d like you to do is simple; locate the said container and get the dossier. Whatever you’d like to do with the shipment after reading it is up to you.

State your price but don’t take too long. The cargo might be out for shipment soon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter