No more running

Contract Killer II: Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung rested her elbows on the railing as she stared off into the parking lot, can of beer cradled in her hands. She quite liked the peace of these motels they’ve been hopping through the past few days. Unlike the city, when night came, it was quiet. Rather than cars, she could hear the rustling of leaves as the wind blew through, the chirping of crickets and just… Silence. It allowed her to rest her mind and amid this chaotic situation, have some peace.

Her mind drifted to Eunha and Sally. Although they’ve broken up quite some time ago, they still seem to be pretty close. She’d seen the way they joke and play around with each other as well as their body language. Sojung would be lying through her teeth if she said it didn’t make her feel jealous. Then again, she didn’t want to come across as the over-possessive and unreasonable girlfriend so she decided to keep these thoughts to herself. Truth to be told, she did think of the possibility of Eunha leaving her for Sally. Although she knew well enough that Eunha wasn’t that type of girl, the possibility still scared her. She wasn’t ready to live a life without Eunha.

Ironic that she had been fine for years working alone but suddenly with Eunha introduced into her life, she couldn’t seem to get back to working alone anymore. She found herself subconsciously thinking ahead and for Eunha too. For every action she did, she found herself thinking of the possible consequence. In the past, she wouldn’t think twice about doing something life-threatening, but now, she found herself taking the time to pause and think. If she died, what would happen to her girlfriend? She’d have to fend alone and deal with the pain. That wouldn’t be fair to Eunha one bit and so she would consider a safer option.

She wouldn’t say she was whipped but to put it more nicely, she just wanted to protect and take care of the younger girl to the best of her abilities. Getting back to the thought of Eunha breaking up with her, it’s still impossible. She trusted Eunha with her life and she knows the girl wouldn’t hurt her like that. Unless Eunha decides to prove her wrong that is. After all, she and Sally did go way back. Sally probably knows Eunha way better than she does.

Sojung blinked and brought the can up to her lips, wishing for the alcohol to flush her thoughts out.

“Eunha wouldn’t want you turning into an alcoholic too.” A voice mused lightheartedly. Sojung turned to see just the person she was thinking of.

“What are you doing out? Shouldn’t you be asleep?” Sojung asked with an eyebrow raised.

“So should you. I was going to look for you but lucky me, here you are,” Sally chuckled as she leaned back against the rail, sliding her hands into the pockets of her sweatpants.

“Look for me?”

“I’d like to talk to you. I know we never really talked since we met but well… I think it’s about time we had an actual conversation no? Just between the both of us,” Sally said and Sojung looked at her for a moment, unsure if the girl was up to something. “Relax, I just want to have a chat with you. Nothing sinister. Besides, I’m sure you can take me down easily if I even tried anything funny.”

“What do you want to talk about then?” Sojung said after noting the older girl’s point.

“Eunbi. Or as you all know her, Eunha,” Sally said.

“What about?”

“You’ve seen how Eunbi behaves around me. How does that make you feel?”

“Honestly? I’d have punched you long ago if it wasn’t for her. With all that she’s dealing with right now, I   think she needs her girlfriend and her ex to be brawling every second.”

“Eunbi is a good kid. She truly is. She always tries to be the best for everyone which ends up giving her more pressure than she can hold. We’re no longer a couple and yet she continues to be the sweet and caring kid she always is.” Sally said and looked at Sojung who had a sour expression on her face. “I’m not saying this to spite you, Sojung. She’s a kind-hearted kid who loves you a lot. She talks about you a lot and I can see that you’re the one she truly loves with all her heart. She never has the intentions to hurt you I’m sure you know that.”

“She told me she thought she was protecting me. Protecting us.” Sojung smiled.

“Ironically, she wants to be nice to everyone but unknowingly hurts them. What I’m trying to say is that my time is over. We were… Maybe I was in the right place but the wrong time. Or maybe the right time but wron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter