Things are looking up

Contract Killer II: Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of rustling caught Yerin’s attention. Looking up from her phone, her eyes shifted between the two beds. Sojung saw Yerin moving in her peripherals and looked up from her phone as well. The rest of the girls were out which meant the sound came from either one of the patients. Yerin held a finger up to her lips as she got up from her chair. She stood up and approached the beds. Another rustle and Yerin determined it came from Sally. She brisk walked to Sally’s side and placed a hand on the girl’s shoulder.

“Can you get the attending for me?” Yerin asked and Sojung nodded, quickly went to get him from outside. Yerin scanned Sally’s face, looking for any signs of discomfort. She noticed how the girl’s eyes were shifting despite being closed and her eyebrows were scrunching slightly.

“Sally, relax. It’s me, Yerin. I’m right here. You’re coming out of sedation so it’s going to be a little disorientating,” Yerin said softly, keeping a hand on Sally’s shoulder and giving it a reassuring squeeze. “You’ll need to give it some time before it clears out of your system, alright?”

Sally seemed to relax at Yerin’s words and the crease between her brows smoothened out. She heard the doors open behind her as the attending physician entered.

“She’s about a -3. There were some eye movements and she can hear me,” Yerin told him.

“It should wear off completely within the next five or so hours,” he said as he updated Sally’s chart.

“What about Eunha?” Sojung asked.

“She should also begin to wake but we can’t tell you exactly when. It differs from patient to patient and their sensitivity to Propofol but we’ve weened them off so they will be awake by today. Not to worry,” he smiled at Sojung. “Let me know when she does show signs of her RASS score improving and I’ll be back with the RT.”

He nodded at the girls and left the ward. Sojung sat back down and stretched her legs.

“Positively speaking it’s going to take about two hours before you can move about. Just ride it out okay?” Yerin said to sally whose eyelids twitched twice as if she was signalling ‘yes’.


 


 

It was now 2:30 in the afternoon. Yerin was sitting by Sally who was now awake and propped up against the pillows on her bed, albeit mildly drowsy.

“Sojung,” Sally called, sounding a little weak. The said girl looked up with curiosity on her face. “I’m sorry.”

“What for?” Sojung asked as she stood up, walking over to Sally.

“I should have fought harder,” she sighed.

“You almost bled out trying to save her, I think you fought as hard as you could,” Sojung smiled and brought a hand up to the girl’s shoulder. “In fact, I should be thanking you. If not for you--” she trailed off and looked back at Eunha. “-- she might not even be lying here.”

“I’d let myself bleed dry if I didn’t get her in time,” Sally slurred.

“Take it easy okay? You’re an injured person too, in case you forgot,” Sojung teased. She looked at Sally for a moment before speaking again. “I hope that you can put this all behind you and we can all be friends. Eunha might not love you like she used to but you’re still someone special. Someone who was there when I couldn’t be for that period of time. Maybe it’s a big ask for you and I’m being inconsiderate of your feelings by saying this but I just really hope we can all get along without feeling so hostile towards each other all the time.”

Yerin looked between the two and unconsciously held h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter