When the past meets the present

Contract Killer II: Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunha let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes as she rolled over, almost bumping into Sojung who was still sound asleep. The latter didn’t ask about her bloodshot and swollen eyes and Eunha was thankful because she didn’t really feel like answering any of those questions yet. Her secret was safe with Yewon while she tried to build up the courage to tell the rest of the crew.

She reached under her pillow to grab her phone and saw that she had a new message from an unknown number.

 

Attachment: 1 Image

 

Eunha arched a brow as she swiped right and unlocked her phone. As soon as the image loaded, she almost dropped her phone. It was a photo of her taken just yesterday just before they got into the car. It was taken at the exact moment where Eunha held on to Yewon’s hand to tell her that she wanted to talk that night.

“What the ?” Eunha whispered to herself. She couldn’t believe her eyes and what she was seeing. The picture seemed to be taken from street level which meant that the photographer was just a few meters away from them. How did she not notice it? She felt chills down her spine as she examined every detail of the photo.

Just then, she received another message. She quickly closed the image to read the recent text.

 

Hello. I don’t think you know who I am, but you will when you see me.
Today 4 pm by the sculptures of soldiers at the War Memorial. See you there, Jung Eunbi.

 

Jung Eunbi.

How did this person know her name? How did this person even get her number? Eunha was freaking out. She wished this was some kind of sick prank but deep down, she knew this was real. Very real.

Eunha looked over at Sojung who was still sleeping and slowly lifted the covers. She carefully opened the door without a sound and slipped out. As soon as she turned around after closing the door, she walked straight into Yewon.

“Yewon!” Eunha gasped and the girl raised an eyebrow. Without another word, she shoved her phone into Yewon’s hand. The younger girl took it and gave the older girl a confused look.

“What?”

“Read it.” Eunha urged. Yewon dropped her gaze to the phone and her eyes widened.

“What is this?” she asked and Eunha shook her head.

“I… I don’t know. I just woke up and received this. I got a shock too. Yewon-ah, what do I do? Should I go?” Eunha asked as she ran both hands through her hair in frustration.

“Just… Calm do-”

“I can’t! I’m freaking out, okay?” Eunha hissed. Just then, the door to Yerin’s room opened and Eunbi stepped out with Yerin behind her. Yewon and Eunha both looked at them with wide eyes as if they were caught red-handed.

“What’s with the look? What are you guys doing anyway?” Eunbi asked, looking at the pair with a curious gaze. Yerin was looking at the girls too but with more suspicion rather than curiosity. “I heard Eunha-unnie’s voice.”

“Nothing. I just told her about this dream I had about rabbits being run over by a car and she freaked out.” Yewon said and Eunbi snorted. Yerin nudged the girl from behind and the younger girl cleared .

“I mean… Poor rabbits, am I right?” Eunbi asked and laughed awkwardly. Yerin only smacked her forehead before placing her hands on Eunbi’s shoulder and led her past Yewon and Eunha towards the stairs, all without saying a word.

“Well?” Eunha mouthed, not wanting to get caught once more.

“Just go. I’ll follow you if you want me to. Just to watch over you from afar. I don’t think this person would be pleased if you brought a companion along.” Yewon whispered into Eunha’s ears and handed the phone back to the girl. “Let’s go down. They’ll get suspicious.”

Eunha pressed her lips together and followed the younger girl down the stairs. The phone in her hand felt like it was on fire.

Today wasn’t going to be a good day at all.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

A finger snapped in front of her face and Eunha blinked, snapping out of her daze.

“Huh?”

“Aish unnie! You weren’t even listening to my super awesome story!” Eunbi groaned as she plopped back onto the couch beside Yerin who draped her arm over the younger girl’s shoulder with an endearing smile.

“Eunha’s just tired. Right?” Yerin asked, looking into the girl’s eyes. Her gaze seemed so piercing and strong that Eunha thought it could burn a hole straight through her skull. Did Yerin know something too?

“Yeah… Just… A little tired.” Eunha nodded, avoiding Yerin’s gaze.

“I saw that you were crying last night though. Your eyes were swollen.” Eunbi said and Eunha tensed up.

“I wonder what Sojung-unnie did to you last night,” Yerin said casually.

“Hey! I hugged her to sleep!” The giraffe protested with a huff. “Why would I ever make her cry. Geez.”

“I don’t know. Maybe you were too rough.” Yuna winked, sending everyone into a fit of laughter.

“YAH!” the girl screeched.

“Relax, we’re just teasing you. Unless you have something to hide.” Yerin piped in, causing everyone to burst out into laughter once again.

“You too, Jung Yerin?” Sojung exhaled in disbelief. Eunha too, couldn’t help but let out a chuckle and looked at Yerin who seemed to give her a knowing smile. Was she helping Eunha?

“Love you, unnie.” Yerin grinned and Eunbi smacked the former’s stomach slightly with a pout. “But of course, I love you more, B,” she said with a smile. This special smile that would only appear if she was talking to or about Eunbi. Eunha smiled at the interaction and looked up at the clock on the wall.

3:13 pm.

She looked back at Yewon who was looking at her. The girl raised her eyebrows slightly and Eunha shook her head. Yewon pursed her lips and nodded.

“I’m going out for a while. I’ll be back soon.” Eunha said as she stood up.

“Drive safe, unnie,” Yewon said and the older girl nodded. She quickly went up to her room to get changed before leaving the house to avoid questioning. It would take her roughly 25 minutes to get there and she didn’t want to be late. She wanted to get it done and over with.

Eunha parked the car and got out, not minding the stares from the people that were admiring her and her car. She walked calmly towards the towering monument and pulled her Ray-Bans off to reveal her attractive, deep-set eyes. Sojung once told her that the part she loved the most about Eunha’s appearance was her eyes. Those alluring deep eyes with triple eyelids made the taller girl want to look at them for hours.

She looked around, observing her surroundings. There were only tourist or visitors stopping to take pictures. No sign of this Delphic being that was sending her borderline creepy texts. She pulled her phone out of her pocket to check the time. There was still 10 minutes to go before 4. Before Eunha could walk off to the bench nearby, she caught sight of a familiar figure brisk walking towards her. A figure she thought she’d never see for the rest of her life.

“You.” Eunha seethed as soon as the figure came to a stop before her.

“Hello, Eunbi. We finally meet again.” The girl smiled but Eunha wasn’t having any of this friendliness. She clenched her fists and shoved them into her pant pockets to prevent herself from reaching out to grab the girl by her collar and shake her till she killed a couple of brain cells.

“How did you find me?” Eunha asked curtly. She wasn’t in the mood for formalities even if the girl in front of her was older.

“Money gets people talking, you know what I’m saying? Besides, your parents were quite willing to help me find you.” The girl said casually. “Come, let’s go to someplace more… Private.” She waved her hand and let Eunha back to a more secluded part of the car park.

“I don’t have parents. I rather not be affiliated with such people who cause nothing but trouble.” Eunha said through clenched teeth.

“Now now, they were the ones who raised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter