Chapter 2: Inside Your Head

Beauty and the Beast

          Taecyeon and Nichkhun exit the elevator and walks toward the Exit of the building. “I sense an alliance between that young man and the Jin Clan.” Said Nichkhun as he walks beside Taecyeon. “Should I get rid of him?”

            Taecyeon face expression remain the same—calm yet cold, “No. Don’t make any rational move that will blow our covers. We’ve stand hidden for century. We will remain quiet till the time come.” He said in a calm voice with a sharp yet serious looks. “He must have been working with them for a long time. The leader of the Jin must have been awaken and now in control.” He inhale and exhale deeply. “We must hurry others.”

            “I will notify them.” Said Nichkhun. He reach his phone out of his jacket pocket and send a message to all Dangun members.

            “Keep it low. They are watching us.” Taecyeon warned him.

            Coincidently, Yoona and Yuri are at the front entrance of the building and happily talking as they walk to the elevator. Not pay attention ahead of them, Yoona bump into Taecyeon body and fall back. Taecyeon quickly reach his right arm out and wrap around her waist, he pull her to him. Yoona shockingly looks into Taecyeon’s eyes as her hands rest on his chest—feeling his heartbeat against her palms.

            “Him again….” Yoona whispered inside her head.

            Taecyeon was wordless as he looks deep into her eyes, yet he feels something special roaming in him—something warm and calm. He could not find an answer but only to continue searching in her eyes. 

            “You can let go of my sister now.” Said Yuri. She give him a dislike-disgusting face.  

            Taecyeon immediately let go of her and take a step back.

            “Kamsahamnida.” Yoona said, shyly. She glance at him, taking a good look at his handsome yet manly face. A man that attract her at first sight.

            “Yoona!” A sweet voice called her from short distance.

            Yoona looks to her right and smiles delightful to see the man walks up to her.

            “Seunggi oppa!” Yoona give him a hug.

            “It nice seeing you her. You’ve gotten much prettier than before.” Seunggi compliment.

            Yoona blushed. “Kamsahamnida oppa.”

            Seunggi smiles as he pats her head. He look passed as sees Taecyeon looking at them. “They are?” Seunggi asked.

            “We don’t know them.” Yuri answered.

            “They are Mr. Ok and Mr. Horvejkul.” Mr. Im said as he walks up to them.

            Seunggi greeted them with a bow, “Annyounghaeseyo.” He said.

            “Appa.” Yuri called. She walks up to Mr. Im and wraps her arms around his left.

            “They are here for business.” Mr. Im explained. “They are our special guests.”

            An elegant lady was pass them with a quick and sharp glance at Taecyeon, grabbing his attention. Taecyeon looks to his right and his eyes widen immediately. He recognize her and did not expect to see her here at the IM Enterprise. Nichkhun hands roll into a fist as he grits his teeth and glares at the lady.

“It’s her.” Nichkhun whispered to Taecyeon left ear.

            Yoona see Taecyeon looking at a pretty lady walking by, she recognizes her. She works as manager of the IM Enterprise, Yenny. Somehow, she feel an uneasy feeling brushing inside of her like a little jealous just seeing how much attention Taecyeon is giving to Yenny.

            “We must go now.” Taecyeon said. He paces to the main door and leave the building with Nichkhun.

            “How rude.” Yuri said with her arms cross. “Appa, how can they be our special guest? They are rude. They did not show you respect.”

            “Yuri, you don’t know business. You must understand that they are the CEO of the most powerful and strongest business in South Korea.”

            “The Ok Enterprise.” Seunggi added.

            “Yes and the person your sister bump into was the CEO of the corporation that can take over our business any day.” Mr. Im stuttered in fear. “Your cousin smart mouth nearly cause us our business.”

            “They look young.” Said Seunggi.

            “Like in their late twenties.” Yuri added.

            “Appa…” Yoona walks up Mr. Im and reach for his free hand. She sign and put a smile across her face. “Lets’ not talk about this. I’m back. I’m here now.”

            Mr. Im smiles as he give her a hug. “Where did you girls go?” He asked.

            “Cruising and browsing.” Yoona answered.  “I miss you too appa.” Yoona smiles widely as she embrace her father.

            “So, are you ready to help me?” Mr. Im said.

            Yoona pull herself away from Mr. Im embrace, “Appa! You know the answer already.” Yoona replied.

            “You had your freedom long enough. It’s time to come back to the real world.”

            Mr. Im looks at his daughters, “Sooner or later you both have to take over the business.”

            “Why can’t you entrust the company to Seunggi and Hyun Joong oppa?” Yuri asked.

            “Hyung-joong is a great person, he has what it need to be successful in the future, but I believe in my eyes that you and Yuri can succeed the company well.” Mr. Im said.

            “Appa, you know us. Yuri is following her dream. I’m still looking for an answer.”

            “But I think you can do it, Yoona.” Seunggi said, supporting Mr. Im ideas. “If start today, you can work with us on the Ok-Kim project, but we must need Mr. Ok signature of approval.”

            “From that man earlier?” Yuri raised her voice in disapproval. “Didn’t you see that way he look at Yoona? He look at her as if he want to eat her.”

            “Yuri, you’re being dramatic.” Yoona smiles.

            “I’m serious. He may he very good-looking and manly, but his eyes are scary.”

            “Mr. Ok is very good-looking, and most important, he is a very successful businessman.” Mr. Im agreed. “He got the look, the brain, and the money. Whoever become his wife will be very fortunate.”

            “Money is not important, appa.” Yuri disagreed. “All women need is love, honestly, and caring. I wonder if he even know what love is.”

            Yuri caught Yoona attention. She recalled the moment their eyes met and her hands resting on chest. She could feel his heart beat, see his sadness and fear, and sense danger around him. She feels her heart beating nervously fast as well. “Why do I feel frighten yet worry just looking into his eyes?” Yoona whispered in her head.  She have just met him last night, and yet, she felt as if they have known each other for centuries.

            Standing against the wall in the hall, Yenny look at Yoona with a vicious smile. With her magical power, she was eavesdropping on their conversation.

            “If you’re looking for an answer, I will give you an answer.” Yenny whispered inside her head. She lift her right up-moving up and down, from side to side—her lips moves quietly. Her right index points at Mr. Im, she cast a spell on him. She smiles and walks away.

            A small spark yellow light hit Mr. Im from the back. He groan uncomfortably and quietly with his left hand resting at the center of his chest.

            “Appa, are you okay?” Yuri and Yoona asked.

            “I—I don’t know. I feel strange.” Said Mr. Im.

            “How about we take you back to your office and rest?” Seunggi suggested.           

            Mr. Im nod. Yuri and Yoona standing on each other, helps Mr. Im to his office.

* * * *

Sedentary in the backseat, Taecyeon stare out the window as he think about the past.

            “Taecyeon-ah, the woman back there. She’s….”       

            “Yenny, the witch.” Said Taecyeon.

            “She have disappeared for a century, and now, she is back. And working in the Kim Enterprise” Said Nichkhun. “What is she up to this time?”

            “I don’t know. But we will soon find out.”

            His sharp eyes filled with curious, worries, and fear stare into the sky, Taecyeon recalled the past once again. A past the haunted him for years. A past that took everything he ever wanted away from him.

            “Appa!” A man shout as he run to his dying father lying on the ground.

            As the man run to his father, a young little kid stand frighten and speechless as he watch his father held his grandfather in his arms.

            “Appa! Wake up!” The man continues to shout. He turn and face the woman with hatred and fierce glares. “How much more Danguns will have to die in your hands?

            “Until I am satisfied.” The witch answered with an evil high-pitch noise. “I want every generation to witness the pain I’ve suffered when seeing the man I love taken away from me.”

            “Your husband chose his path. Your husband chose to be on the Jin Clan!”

            “It doesn’t matter now.”

            “Why can’t bygone be bygone?”

            “No! It is not over.” The witch smiles wickedly. “There is still one final war. Between the Dangun and the Jin, only one can stand in this world.”

            “Taecyeon.” Nichkhun called. Taecyeon look at him, “What are you thinking about?”

            “The past. I remember the witch said there is still one final war…..could it be this generation?”

            “Back there, I sense a strong witch energy. I’m guessing they are gathering and are up to something no good.” Said Nichkhun. “This could involve with the Kim Enterprise.”

            “Whatever it is, we must be careful.” Said Taecyeon. “They do not know that the Dangun elder are hiding among citizens.”

            Nichkhun nod.

* * * *

            Yoona open the door to the house, Yuri help Mr. Im enter, she closed the door behind and hurriedly help her sister walk Mr. Im to the couch in the living. Yoona went into the kitchen and get a glass of water.

            She hand him the water, “Appa, how do you feel?” She asked.

            “I’m fine. Just have some difficulty with breathing.” Said Mr. Im.

            Yoona face feel with concern as she watches her father resting his right hand at his chest, inhaling and exhaling heavily. She felt frighten seeing her father unwell.

            “Appa, how about I take you to the hospital and get a check-up?” Said Yuri.

            “I had a check-up two weeks ago.” Said Mr. Im as he rub the center of his chest gently.

            “Appa….I think you should take more days off.” Yoona suggested.

            “Who will manage the company?” Mr. Im ask.

            “Appa….”

            “Yoona, you are the best candidate to succeed me. Yuri could have succeed but she is following her dream. I only have you left and I know how capable you are. You are smart, kind, and calm. You will be a great CEO.” Said Mr. Im, encouragingly.

            “Appa… I’m not ready for this task.” Yoona voice tremble upon answering him.

            “You don’t have to answer me now. When you are ready, you let me know.” Mr. Im hold her right hand tightly as he wait for an answer. Yoona give him a light nod. “Good girl.” He said with a soft smile and let go of her hand. “Now, I need to work on the contract.”

            “I thought Hyun Joong oppa is working on it?” Yoona questioned.

            “I can’t fully trust him. He is, but it better to have a back-up than lose a powerful house.”

            “But appa, you’re not well. You need to rest.” Said Yuri. “How about I give Seunggi a call and ask him to write a contract for you?”

            “No, I must do this myself.” Said Mr. Im, no trusting neither Hyung-joong or Seunggi.

            “You can trust Seunggi oppa. He will finish it on time.” Said Yoona with confident.

            Mr. Im looks at him with curiosity. “You seem to trust Seunggi quite a bit. Do you like Seunggi?” He asked. “Seunggi is a good man and smart. He has a bright future ahead.”

            His question startle her, turning her cheeks red and shyly avoid his eyes. “Appa…” She pout.

            “Okay, I’ll stop.” Said Mr. Im with a smile. “Will you girls help me?”

            Yuri and Yoona looks at each other for a moment. Communicating through facial expression before giving a definite answer.

            “Yes.” Both answered at the same time.

            Mr. Im smiles brightly as he stand.

            “But I will not change my mind.” Said Yuri. “Just this time, I will help you.”

            Mr. Im nod. He turn his head and look at Yoona. “Will you come with me tomorrow?”

            “Appa, I think it’s better I don’t.” Said Yoona.

            “Why not? You will soon take over the company. Going with me tomorrow will give you an idea of how the business work.”

            Yoona hesitates as her eyes search the floor.

            “Yoona, just go. You don’t have to say or do anything, just sit still and listen.” Said Mr. Im.

            Suddenly, it turns quiet. Yuri and Mr. Im had their full attention on Yoona as they wait for her to speak. But in mind, she knows the answer. The truth that will disappoint her father, but she could not bare to see him despaired. Yoona continues to search for an answer—a way out of his handcuff question. Somehow, an image of Taecyeon crosses her mind. She visual him standing in front of her—in her mind. He was standing 15 feet away from her with his hands tucked into his pant pockets. His sharp and charisma eyes pierce through her, shaking her heart beats. “What are you? Why are you inside my head?” She whispered in her head as her eyes lock on him, waiting for him to speak….or disappeared. He was still standing there….gazing at her.

            “Yoona.” Yuri call out to her, but she did not respond. “Yoona ah.” She reach for her.

            Yuri voice pull Yoona back to reality. “Unnie?”

            “What are you thinking about?” She asked.

            “Nothing.”

            “Are you sure?” She questioned her.

            Yoona nod and then look at Mr. Im. “I’ll go appa.”

            Her answered enlighten Mr. Im.

            “Kamsahamnida.” He embraced her. “Kamsahamnida, my daughter.” He said as he patted the back of her head gently.

            Yoona smiles, worriedly and obscurely.

 

To be continued……………………..