Ch. 6: The Heavenly Daegun Herb

Beauty and the Beast

            Frozen like a statue as she looks into his sharp yet scary and lonely eyes. Her minds are fills with word but she’s unable to say a word.

            “Wh—what are you doing to him earlier?” Yoona asked, nervously.

            “I was reading his heart beat.” Taecyeon answered calmly.

            Yoona was slightly shock by his answered. “What is he? A doctor now?”

            “He’s heartbeat is very abnormal. It’s beating very slow. What did the doctor say to you?” He asked.

            “The doctor say is condition is not critical however strange. I wasn’t sure what he meant strange, but he elaborates more about the strange thing happening to my father.” After she explained, Yoona was wondering what his condition has to do with him? Why is he worry about it? She blinks a couple times, “Wait, why do I need to tell you this?”

            Taecyeon grabs her right hand and direct it to the center of Mr. Im chest. His action shocks her again but her father slow heart beating against her palm frighten her.

            “The doctor is half right. He’s condition is strange. If I’ve not mistaken, it’s something the doctors have not dealt with.”

            “Then what should I do.” She asked, worriedly.

            “There’s nothing you can do about it.” Said Taecyeon, letting go of her hand. He began to walk towards the door.

            “Wait.” She said, anxiously. “Why are you here then? I’m sure you’re not here to talk about work or just to check on my father condition.”

            Taecyeon stop a couple feet away from the entrance. He was surprise by Yoona word’s. Not only is she a beauty but also smart and lively. He couldn’t help but let out a light small.

            “What is the real reason why you are here?” Yoona asked.

            “There is something in this world you should not know. It’s best you do not know about it. I feel as if you father might not come back.”

            “What do you mean?” Yoona feels her heart skip many beat upon Taecyeon’s word.

            Taecyeon leaves the room. Yoona looks at her father, seeing his face paler than before. She quickly chases after him, down the hall to the stairway by the elevator. He was nowhere found. Yoona hurriedly down the stairs to the main lobby. Standing in the middle of the lobby, she looks everywhere, but still could not find him.

            Taecyeon stayed hidden in a dark room, behind a half-length size window and watches her search for him. A few minutes later, he leaves after no sense of danger near her. He meet up with Nichkhun about a mile away from the hospital by the river.

Nichkhun walks up to him and greeted him with a 45-degree bow.

            “Did you capture them?” Taecyeon asked.

            “No. They escape.” Said Nichkhun, regretfully. “However, they mentioned the members of the clan are in danger.”

            Taecyeon turn and looks at him with slightly surprise. “What do you mean? Did they find out where Sohee is?”

            “I don’t know. They did not mentioned name. But it seems like our plan have been leaked out.” Said Nichkhun.

            “No, it not that our plan was leak. Beside the Jin clan, who have been on our tail. The witches are also on our tail.” Said Taecyeon calmly as he looks up at the half-moon.

            “Could they be working together?”

            Taecyeon sighed. “Could be.”

            “It’s not ‘could be’, but it’s actually ‘yes, they are working together.” Said a man in dark color suit walking up to them.

            Nichkhun and Taecyeon turn to see who it was. They recognize the man who’s smiling at them. Nichkhun bow 45-degree to greet the man.

            “It has been a long time.”

            “Min-jun, I thought you’ll be here in a couple days. Why didn’t you tell me you’ll be here this early?”

            “I didn’t want to tell you or Nichkhun my arrival because I wanted to follow someone.”

            “Who?” Nichkhun asked.

            “The leader of the Jin Clan.”

            “Byung Hun is here in Seoul?”

            “Yes.” Min-jun nodded lightly. 

            “If Byung hun is here then Seung Won and Woo-bin is also here as well.” Said Taecyeon.

            “This is not good.” Said Nichkhun. A negative sense pierce through him, giving him a light shiver.

            “How is your wife? You didn’t take her with you?” Taecyeon asked.

            “She should be here soon. If not mistaken, she will arrive tomorrow night.” Said Min-jun. “I have my trusted and excellent guards protecting her.” He smiles calmly. “By the way, what are you two during here at this time?”

            “We were just from the hospital before you arrived.” Said Nichkhun.

            “The hospital?” Min-jun questioned. He looks at Nichkhun first then at Taecyeon. He sees no signed of injured on them.

            Taecyeon glance at Min-jun and sees the question looks on him. “We’re fine. I was visiting a friend.”

            “A friend? What happen to your friend?” Min-jun asked, curiously.

            “Ye-eun have cast a spell on Mr. Im. He’s now hospitalize.”

            “What? Ye-eun the witch, who have disappeared for years.”

            Nichkhun nods.

            “Why Mr. Im?”

            Taecyeon eyebrows narrow in an uncomfortable and disturbance as he stares at the river.

            “What did Mr. Im do to her? Did he hold something that she want?” Min-jun asked.

            “I don’t know.” Taecyeon answered. “I don’t know why she cast a deadly spell on him, but whatever it is, the spell can’t be undone.”        

            “Is there a cure?”

            “Yes. The Heavenly Daegun Herb.” Said Taecyeon.

            Min-jun eye jolt wide as he looks at Taecyeon. “What! You can’t be serious right?”

            “I am not joking around.”

            “It the Daejun most prestige and treasure item that’s hand down for generation. You can’t give it to Mr. Im.”

            “I don’t intent too.”

            Through Taecyeon’s look, Min-jun knew Taecyeon had a second thought. “There seem to be a ‘but’?”

            Taecyeon did not replied. Min-jun looks at Nichkhun, who smile lightly.

            “I am not in position to say anything.” Said Nichkhun. “You will know later.”

            “Ah.” Min-jun smiles.

            “Are you both done laughing?” Said Taecyeon in a slight irritated. “What are you thinking, it’s not true.”

            Min-jun walks up to Taecyeon and place his hand on the left-side shoulder. “If so, then it best to stay out of it. James and Sunye should be here soon.”

            Taecyeon looks at the half-moon one last time before he walks away from the river with Nichkhun and Min-jun.

* * * * *

[The next day] ……………..

 

            Siting in the office room, Yoona stare blankly at the desk. Seung-gi, who’ sitting the opposite of her, looks at her worriedly. Yuri noticed the concerned and tiring circles around Yoona’s eyes.

            “Yoona.” Seung-gi called but there was no respond. “Yoona.” He called her again.

            No respond. Yuri reach her right hand out and lightly hit Yoona’s hands. Yoona finally looks up and sees Yuri and Seung-gi worriedly looks at her.

            “Why don’t you take a day off today and rest up? I’ll take care of everything.” Said Yuri.

            “Do you want me to drive you home?” Seung-gi asked.

            “No. I’m fine.” Said Yoona with a weak smile.

            “You have been by father all night and have not slept. Why don’t you just take a rest. I’ll visit father and spent the night there tonight.” Said Yuri.

            “I’m just worry about father’s health.” Said Yoona as she recalled what Taecyeon had say to her last night at the hospital before he disappeared. “Last night he said…..” She stopped.

            “Someone came to visit last night? Who said what?” Yuri asked curiously.

            “Nothing.” Said Yoona.

            Seung-gi sense Yoona is hiding something from him and Yuri. Although he is curious who visited her last night and somehow, he connected it to Taecyeon, he did not pressure her.

            Yuri looks down at the file in front of Yoona and sees Taecyeon’s name on the top of the paper. “Speaking of which, I have not heard anything from them after yesterday incident. I bet they are regretting for signing a contract with us now. The Ok’s enterprise careless about our reputation nor do they care about this contract at all.”

            “Maybe, this contract was just a little show to them.”

            “It could be they take pity of us.” Yuri face frowned unhappily.

            Yoona’s close the folder and tiringly sighed. “Unnie, I want to rest for a bit. Can you take of the company for me?” She asked.

            “Of course. Call me if you need me.” Said Yuri.

            Yoona give a weak smile as she looks at Yuri and Seung-gi. “Thank you.”

            “Would you like me to get you something to eat or drink when you wake up?” Seung-gi offered.

            Yoona lightly shook her head, “No thank you. I just need a little rest. If anyone is looking for me, please come find me.” She said.

            “Okay.” Said Seung-gi in a worry tone.

            Yuri and Seung-gi left the room. Yoona inhale and exhale softly. She stands and walks over to the couch. Laying down on the long couch, she closes her eyes shut and tries to clear her mind, but Taecyeon’s voice and face keep crossing her mind. “There is something in this world you should not know. It’s best you do not know about it. I feel as if you father might not come back. These words repeated in her head. Unknowingly, she drifts deep in a sleep. A woman appears…. A woman she partially recognized appeared inside her ‘dream’. 

[Falling deep asleep, Yoona’s entered a foggy-misty realm to which she believes is a dream]

            “Where am I?” Yoona looks around the foggy yet dark room. She stops at the center of the room. “Where is this place? Is anyone here?” Yoona continues to look around the room.

            A woman walks out from the dark with a dark half-size mask covering her upper face. Though she had cover her upper face, by her figure and lips, Yoona seem to have met and seen her before.

            “Who are you?” Yoona asked.

            “Who am I is not important? I am here to tell you something important… something related to your father.”

            “My father, what will happen to him?”

            “He is a chronicle state. Your worlds treatment will not revive him.”

            Yoona’s heart stop beating for a second as she looks at the woman in shock.“Then what should I do? What can save him?”

            “There is one thing in this world that would be able to save him and only one person have it.”

            “What is it? Who has it?” Yoona eager to known.

            “His surname is Ok. He is the last descendant of the Daejun Clan. The cruellest hearted man in this world.”

            “Ok…. Ok Taecyeon?” Yoona whispered.

            “If you can get the Heavenly Daegun Herb from him and feed it to your father. Your father will have a high chance of coming back to when he uses to be. A healthy and strong man.”

            “The Heavenly Daegun Herb?”

            “Yes. It’s a rare herb that only exist centuries ago and past down for generation. Only he who has the cure that will revive your father… if you wish to see him again…”

            “He will not give it to me.” Said Yoona unconfidently.

            The woman smirk, “There’s always a price to be trade for the treasure. If you can not get it to your father within three days. He will forever be gone.” The woman disappeared.

            “Wait!” Yoona shouted as she chased after the woman, but she could not find her anywhere in the dark foggy room.

           

            Yoona awake and jolt right up to a sitting position. She inhales and exhales heavily as she looks at the open space. “It was just a dream.” She shook her head a couple time. “But what if it become real.” She questioned herself as she terrifyingly stares at the space in front of her. “Ok Taecyeon….” She whispered his name as she recalled the woman mention him and the cure that he possesses in his hand. The cure that can save her father. Half of her find it untrue while the half believe what the woman said. Her body still shivered frightenedly. “If what she said is true, then I must have it before the time is up.”

 

To be continued………………….