Ch 3: The contract

Beauty and the Beast

          A long night passed, the two sisters along with their father have completed the contract to present to Taecyeon. Hard work and effect was put into the contract, but concern still stirred inside them. Mr. Im put the documents into a yellow envelop and close it with a seal. Mr. Im and Yoona grab their things before walking to the door. Standing at the door, Yuri wave goodbye to them before the driver drive away from the house. The drive was not calm and relaxing at all. It was filled with worried and fear. Yoona was concern about her father health. Mr. Im health has worsened since last night. He let out a few mild coughs and eyes gone blurred once every two to three hours so, sweats across his forehead, and hands shake uncontrollably for a short moment. Yuri and Yoona have asked him to stop several times and make a visit to the hospital or called the doctor to their resident, but he refused. Now sitting in the car, his hands shake mildly as he holds tightly to the yellow envelope.

            The car stop. The driver leaves his seat and opens the passenger door. Mr. Im exit first follows by Yoona. Mr. Im inhales and exhales deeply before their walks up to the entrance.

            “Mr. Im.”

            “Samchon.”

            Two young men called as they walk up to him. Mr. Im glance at Yoona then back at the men.

            “I asked Seunggi oppa to come with us today. I thought it would be better to have him here with us.”

            Yuri smilingly elbows her. “More wanting him her to be with you.”

            “Shut up.” Yoona whispered.

            “I’m guessing Hyun Joong found out through him.” Mr. Im whispered. He was not pleased to see Hyun Joong in front of The Ok Enterprise.

            Seunggi greeted Mr. Im with a respectful 90-degrees bow. “Annyounghaeseyo Mr. Im”

            “Annyounghaeseyo Seunggi.” Said Mr. Im.
            “Kamsahamnidaoppa.” Said Yoona with a soft smile.

            “There is no need to thank me. It’s my duty to come and assure everything goes as plan.” Said Seunggi.  

            “Uncle, why did you not tell me you were coming here?” Said Hyun Joong, who was displeased to see Mr. Im in front of the Ok Enterprise.

            “To fix what you have screwed up yesterday.” Said Mr. Im, upset.

            “I just said what was right. We do not need them.” Hyun Joong argued.

            “You!” Mr. Im points his right index finger at him, “You never learn.” He looked away. “Lets’ go in. I do not want to waste another minute standing out here talking nonsense.”

            “Yes, appa.” Said Yoona and Yuri. They follow Mr. Im into the building.

            Hyun Joong furiously inhales and exhale before he tails them.

            A man walks up to Mr. Im and greeted him respectfully with a bow. “Mr. Ok is waiting for you in his office. I will you there.” He said.

            “Kamsahamnida.” Said Mr. Im.

            The man kindly smiles before he walks them down the wide hallway to a private elevator. Scanning his card over the black scanner, the two doors open. They entered the elevator, the man presses the last number, level 55. A classic music play in the elevator as they all wait patiently. Yoona worriedly glances at her father, who’s is still unwell. He is slightly redder, eyes weakly open, and hands shaking mildly. Yoona lips parted, ready to speak but stop when the elevator stop and doors slide open. The man escorts them down the hall. Two female secretaries and one lead male greeted them with a 90-degree bow. The two females walk up to the door and pull the two doors open.

            “You may enter.” Said the man.

            The spacious office with ancient picture and a ginseng look in a glass closet caught Yoona for a moment before her eyes focus on tall and muscular figures standing by the full-length shiny windows. He turned and shot cold glances at her. “Him again.”

            “Annyounghaeseyo Mr. Ok.” Mr. Im

            Taecyeon politely yet lightly bow his head. “Annyounghaeseyo, Mr. Im.” He said, calmly. His eyes switch to Yoona, who stand beside Mr. Im. “Annyounghaeseyo, Ms. Kim.”

            She bows her head lightly without a word as she takes a moment to collect herself back to reality. Yet, her mind still wonders in its’ own fantasy.

            Taecyeon noticed the strange color of Mr. Im face, it’s not like a peace color of a normal human, but more pale and dry lips. “Are you okay Mr. Im? You don’t look good.” He asked.

“I’m fine. Thank you for your concern.” Said Mr. Im. “Mr. Ok, I’m here to present a document to you.” Mr. Im slides a folder across the table. Taecyeon glance at it.

            “There was no need to rush. You have five days to get it done.” Said Taecyeon, calmly.

            “What the!” Hyun-Joong raises his upsetting tone at him. “My uncle work on this overnight to impress you and get your damn signature…..”

            “Hyun-Joong!” Mr. Im yelled at him as he shot him a glare to stay out of the conversation.

            “But since we have it done early, we wish to have an immediate, if possible. Well, you consider it?” Said Yoona, serenely with her sharp eyes at him.

            Taecyeon looks up into her eyes, seeing the eagerness—confuse—and afraid steering in her eyes. He sees her eyes shaken to look at him, shaken to said another word to him.

            “Are you afraid of me?”

             Her eyes widen by his voice inside her head.

             “Afraid that I will refuse your father? Or…..you’re just afraid of me.”

              She gulps as she looks at him and nervous hold her right thumb. Yoona softly inhale, “No”. She whispered back in her mind.  

              “I need a couple days to think about this. I will give you an answer once I carefully review this contract.” Said Taecyeon as he taps, making a horse-run like sound, the folder with his right-hand fingers.

               His answer shaken her little heart. She was afraid that a couple words could cost her father to lose everything, but also, afraid that she and her father people continue to push him, things would go wrong.

               Mr. Im unwillingly nodded his head and force a smile on across his face. “Kamsahamnida, Mr. Ok.”

               Taecyeon gives him a light nodded with a firm a look. Mr. Im got up from his seat, followed by Yoona, and together they all walk out of his office where a young lady in sleek black dress await to them down to the lobby. As Yoona take the first step out of his office, she pauses for a second as part of her body want to turn around and ask to beg him to agree already. But her firm mind quickly takes a grasp of her body and resume walking without knowing that Taecyeon has been watching her.

              The doors closed and he looks away from the doors for a moment then back at the contract, at the empty space where it awaits his signature.

              “You already have an answer don’t you.” Said Nichkhun. Taecyeon did not answer. “What was holding you back?”

              “ I don’t know. I want to give him an answer but a part of me is being held back by something.” Taecyeon explained.

              “A business like this is not worth working with. His company is doom for sure. But your face tells me you want to save it.” Nichkhun spoke with cautious as he continues to analysis Taecyeon facial expression. “You like her.”

              Nichkhun last sentence has raised his eyebrow. He looks with his head till 30 degrees to the left. “You seem pretty good at this. Have you been taking any psychology class related lately?” Taecyeon ask.

              “No, but I’m been by your side for many decades, I know what you are thinking about.”

              Taecyeon chuckles lightly, “You are right. I do want to save his company because of her.” He said. Nichkhun lips parted as he was going to ask him questions. “But I don’t know why? I just know that if I don’t then something bad will happen to her and her father.” He said.

            “What are you going to do?” Nichkhun asked.

            “First, I need to think of a plan. Yenny is at their company and I know she will do anything to destroy anything related to me. I want a plan within a plan.” Said Taecyeon.

            Nichkhun nod his head. “Araso.”

            “But first, I need you to fly to Japan soon, just not now. We can’t be rash, she will know.”

            “What about Hyun-Joong?” Nichkhun asked.

            “For now, just let him be. He is being used by the Jin clan. In the meantime, I want you to keep a close watch on Yenny before you leave for Japan.”

            “Araso.”

* * * *

            “Samchon, why do we have to beg him? Do you see how cocky he was?” Said Hyun-Joong in an angry mood.

            “You almost broke our deal! Next time, I don’t want you to be involved with this anymore.” Said Mr. Im in an angry tone.

            “Uncle…”

            “You will stay out of this!” Said Mr. Im, irately before he walks to the exit door.

            Hyun-Joong immediately went after Mr. Im.

            “Yoona-ah, do you know him?” Yuri ask.

            Yoona shook her head. “Anniyo”

            “No Matter what happens in the future, you should stay away from him.” Said Seunggi.

            “Yes, don’t get near him and don’t go rationally look for him.” Said Yuri.

            Yoona stiffy nods her heads.

            “We should go.” Said Yuri.

            The three of them walks to the exit and to the car where Mr. Im waits for them. The driver closes the door and gait back to his driver seat. Standing by the window and looking down from an elevated level, he watches the car drive away.

            “Appa, is this business really important to you?” Yoona asked.

            Mr. Im nod. “Yes. Without him, we will go out of business.”

            “Why do I feel like he won’t work with us?” said Yuri.

            “Don’t say that.” Said Mr. Im, worriedly.

            “Appa, don’t worry.” Said Yoona. “There’s always hope.”

            Mr. Im hopelessly signs as he at the city.

            Inside Hyun-Joong, he upset and furiously grab the wheel with his right feet on the gas pedal, stepping on it harder. The car speeds up on the highway. 

            “Why!? Aishi!!! The old man!” Hyun-Joong shouts angrily in the car. “He could have the hand the company over to me. I would make it better. Aishi!!!”

            Hyun-Joong steps on the ‘break’ pedal and immediately sees a man standing in the middle of the road. His body falls forward and hit the wheel. He shakes his head a couple times before looking up to see who it was, recognizing the face, he hurriedly got out of the car and bow to the man. 

            “Annyounghaeseyo Jun-Hyung” He greeted.

            “Boss, want to know what are you going to proceed with your words?” Jun-Hyung asked, calmly.

            “I’m sorry. I’m working hard to get my uncle signature.” Said Hyun-Joong frightened. “All I need is his signature then everything will go as plan. Please give me a little more time. I will think of something.”

            Jun-Hyung walks up to him, stop about a foot away. He takes a sniff, “It seems like she has finally shown herself.”

            “W—what? Who are you talking about?” Hyun-Joong confusingly asked.

            “You don’t need to know, but I can tell you that you will get a little help from someone.” Said Hyun-Joong.

            “We expected an answer within two weeks.” Said Jun-Hyung, calmly.

            “Araso.” Hyun-Joong bow, frightenedly.

            Jun-Hyung smirk before he walks away—slowly disappearing into the dark.  

            Hyun-Joong sighed in relief. He walks back to his car immediately and locks the doors. He grabs onto the wheel tightly, inhales and exhales heavily a couple time before he drives away.

            Standing on the top of the tree, Nichkhun has seen everything, witness everything. He sharp and serious face as he watches Hyun Joong’s car drive away. “You are indeed working with Jin Clan. Let’s see what you both are up too.” Nichkhun leaps in the air and disappear.

           

            For the next couple days, Mr. Im waits impatiently for Taecyeon respond, but no calls or email from him. Yoona, who has now before a part of the company, is learning and catching up with the business. Yuri has taken part of the helping out at the company. The two sisters work well together and able to understand the situation after a couple meeting in a couple day. The absent of Mr. Im at the meeting have cause concern to many employees. Yoona and Yuri knew the reason but kept quiet. The two of them enter Mr. Im’s office and sees his sitting behind his desk, facing the monitor. Yoona notice has pale and tired he has gotten this past couple day. The constant chest pain and dizziness as cause Yoona and Yuri to worry more and more about Mr. Im. They request Mr. Im to get another check-up but he refuses to go. The two sisters look at each other, signaling as if they have the telepathy power to communicate without moving their lips.  Yuri turns the monitor away from Mr. Im, causing him to finally react and move a bit.  

            “Appa, looking at the monitor won’t change anything. Why don’t you go home and rest?” Said Yuri, looking at him worriedly.

            “There’s no need.” Said Mr. Im, stubbornly refuse to listen to Yuri. “I’m fine.”

            “How about we go for a walk together? Maybe grab something to eat?” Yoona suggested.

            “I’m not hungry. You two can go.” Mr. Im decline.

            “Appa, you’ve been in this room for a couple day. You only come straight to this room when you arrived and leave this room when night rise. If he really wants to work with us. He would have called or emailed you the next day after he went through the contract and the company proposal.” Said Yuri, a bit of her was fury seeing about worse Mr. Im health has gotten.

            “How about I give him a call?” Yoona suggested.

            “Don’t even think about it.” Said Yuri.

            Yoona sigh. “The time is almost up.” She said. “Appa, is his signature really that important?” In a serious tone, she can see how dreadful Mr. Im is through his eyes. These past couple days, she has read everything, attend everything. With Seunggi helps, she was able to understand the situation of the company and what condition it is in. But she still wants a definite answer from Mr. Im.

            “Yoona…” Mr. Im was unable to complete the sentences.

            “I take care of things from here from now on. I want you to rest.” Said Yoona. She grabs all the documents on his table and stands.

            “Yoona?” Yuri looks at her confusedly.

            “Come on, I need your brain and helps as well.” She said before she looks at Mr. Im, “Appa, why don’t you rest for a bit. I’ll come back to see you later.”

            Mr. Im was just speechless seeing how grown Yoona is, a woman with responsibility. Yoona walks to the door with Yuri following her closely behind. The two of them leave the room. Mr. Im turns the chair around and looks out the full-length windows of his office. He looks at the city. He looks down at the ground then up at the sky. He just looks out the window as he thinks …think of what he should do next.

 

To be continued………………