Chapter 7: The Train

Beauty and the Beast

             Yuri enters the room. “Yoona.” She called her.  

             Yoona still frightens from her dream turn her head looks at Yuri with mix feeling facial expression.

             Yuri seat beside her on the couch, “Are you okay?” She asked.

             “I saw Ok—I had a weird dream last night.”

             “And it frightened you.”

             Yoona nods. “Can I ask you something?”

             Yuri nod. “What is it?”

            “This is IF… Do you believe magic, like witchcraft magic?”

            “Fantasy stuff?” Yuri looks at her confusedly.

            “Something like that.”

            “Why?”

            “I feel like the thing we heard and seen in the movie is real. Something in a human form put a spell on an innocent body  then tell you that there is a cure through your dream.” Yoona explain.

            Yuri walks up closer to her, touch her forehead with her hand to feel her temperature. “You must be really tired. What don’t you go home and rest? I’ll watch appa.”

            Yuri did not believe her. Yoona was hopeless. The only thing she can do is listen to her instinct and her dream.

            “Okay. The doctors will come and talk to you about his condition soon.” She said as she put on her heels.

            “Okay. Go straight home.”

            “I have to go find someone first.”  Said Yoona as grab her pulse and hurry to the door.

            “Wait! Who are you seeing?” Yuri asked.

            Yoona
            “Someone.” Said Yoona, continuing to walk.make her ways out of the hospital to her car. She enters and immediately
starts the car. Within a second she reverses and drives out of the parking lots.hurriedly

* * * * *

[The OK Mansion]
            Promenading to the room at the end of the hall. The two doors push open. Two men, Chansung and Min-jun, walks up to Taecyeon. They stop at the center of the grand room in the mansion. A room with bookshelves at three walls.  A big classic light hand at the center of the ceiling and small round light around the room. A fireplace by the window, opposite from the bookshelves. Classic and tradition pictures hang on the walls. Four full-length windows facing the moon. Nichkhun turns and bow 90-degree to greet Min-jun. In turn, Chansung and Jun.K greet Taecyeon with a 90-degree bow. Taecyeon returns him with a proper greeting as well.

            “I heard from Nichkhun that you’ve been disturb by the witches these past days.” Said Jun.K. He looks at Nichkhun for an answer. “Were you able to capture them?”

 “No.” Nichkhun answered. “We were close but with their power, it’s hard. They have become more powerful.”

“What about the stone?” Min-jun asked.

             “It’s safe.” Chansung answered.

Jun.K nodded. “How many are guarding it?”

            “Five elite guards and me.” Chansung answered.

            “Guard the stone at all cost.” Said Min-jun. Chansung bow his head. “I’ve heard the thirst-blood ers are on the moves as well.” He looks at the bright full moon. “A hundred year has passed. Their leaders will be awakened in no time.”

            “But first, we need to get the witches off our tail.” Said Taecyeon as he walks to the table and picks up a glass of whiskey.

            “I heard from the new that Mr. Im of the IM corporation has been hospitalize

.” Min-jun asked.
            “Yes, that is true.”     

            “And I’m guessing it has to do with the witches as well.”

            “Yes.”

           Min-jun sighed. “Finish this silently.” He said. “I don’t want to hear any more about them.”

            “I will.” Said Taecyeon with a confident nod.

* * * * *

            Yoona hurriedly walks to Taecyeon office—open the door and did not see him in the room. She walks up to the secretary table by the elevator.
            “Do you know where Taecyeon—I mean Mr. Ok is?” Yoona asked.

            “I do not mam’.” The secretary answered.

            “Do you know when he will be back?”

            “I do not mam’.”
            “Do you have his number?”

            “I do not mam’s.”

            Yoona bit her bottom lips as she thinks quietly to herself. “Yoona, think. Where can he possibly be?

           “Miss Im?”

            Yoona looks up at the secretary, “Thank you.” She walks to the elevator.

            Too distracting and deep in thought, the image of him keep appearing in her head. The words from the mysterious woman in her dream keep repeating. The elevator doors open, Yoona enter the elevator and hit her head on something hard. She looks up and sees Taecyeon in front of her, looking down at her.

            “Taecyeon…” Yoona whispered his name.

            Taecyeon tilts his head to the side a bit as he waits for her to continues. The secretary stands and bow 90-degree to greet Taecyeon.

            “Good Afternoon, Mr. Ok.”

            Taecyeon gives the secretary a slight nod before she went back to her job.

            “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be beside your father?” Said Taecyeon is a hoarse tone.

            “I was. But I am here to ask you something.” Said Yoona in a semi frightens yet anxious tone.

            “What is it?”

            “The Heavenly Dragon Herb.”

            Taecyeon’s eyes jolt wide open. He immediately grabs her hand and drags her along to his office. He pushes the door open—they enter his office then he closes the door.

            Taecyeon turns to look at Yoona, who is confused. “How did you know about the herb? Who told you?” He voice because cold with his eyes sharp as if it will pierce through her anytime soon.

            “A woman in my dream. The herb… it's real?” Yoona asked.

            Taecyeon stays silent.

            “If it's real, please give it to me. I need it to save my father.” Yoona begged.

            “Your father is safe. What you dream of are lies. The woman in your dream is just your imaginary.” Said Taecyeon. He walks past her to his desk.

            “He is not.” Yoona grabs his left arm—she stops him and blocks his way with her body. “Then tell me, how the woman my dream… how does she know your name? How does she know you have the herb?” Said Yoona without looking away from his eyes. His dark and strong eyes that imprint inside her head. Through his pair of eyes, she can see… she can tell he’s hiding something from her… a dark secret. “What are you?”

            Taecyeon takes a step closer to her; leaving only an inch between them. He lowers his head, “There are things better to stay too quiet and be unfold. So it is best that you don’t know anything. The herb is real, but I can’t give it to you. Your father is safe and I’m he will be awake.” Taecyeon whispered in a deep tone.

            “What if he does not? What if he stays lifeless on the bed?” Said Yoona in a shaky tone.

            “If he does not, it is not my concern.”

            “What if he was your father, would you let him be like that in bed?”

            “My parent is dead.” His words were cold and heartless as it brushes through her. For a second, she was breathless…speechless looking into his eyes. How can a man be this cold, this heartless? Yoona was not going to give up until she has the herb. She was not going to stop until her father is safe and awake.

            “What do you want me to do so that you can give me the herb?” Said Yoona in a weak tone. “What do I need to do so you can save my father?” Tears circling her eyes as she holds onto his arm tightly, pleading him.

            A tear gliding down her soft white cheek. A tear that shakes his heart and pierces through him like an arrow. She was afraid. He was confused by the ‘strange’ emotion roaming inside of him. The emotion that he has not felt since the day his parent died in front of him. Another tear gliding her cheek. He lifts his right hand to wipe her tear away but stop when she took a step back.

            “You’re not going to give it to me?” Yoona asked in almost whispered.

            Taecyeon stands straight and looks at her with his cold and heartless eyes. He did not say a word. Yoona turns her head to the side, shut her eyes for a second then look at him again. He still looks at her with the same eyes. She let go of his arm and walk past him to the door. A fraction of a moment, Taecyeon felt his heart in pain. The pain of losing a parent because of the rivalry between his tribe and the witch. Standing at the center of the room—gritting his teeth and hands rolls into a fist. The mix of emotion—anger, and sadness—rising inside of him as he glares out the window.

* * * * *

[The sunset and the moon rise]

            Nichkhun enters a special room, heavily guarded from outside to inside. Standing by the special custom full-length window, Chansung stares at the moon. Nichkhun walks up and stands beside him.

            “The energy in the stone is getting strong.” Said Nichkhun.

            “If only we have the other half of the stone, our tribe will rise again.” Said Chansung.

            “I have been searching for the other half… yet no luck.”

            “It will show itself once the time comes.” Said Chansung. He turns and looks at him. “Time is almost here, but it seems like the bloodsucker still has not made a move.”

            “I’ve been trailing them, but these past few days I’ve been troubled by the witches.” Said Nichkhun. “What do they get from harming Mr. Im? What do they want?” He tries to figure out what the witches are planning. He recalled the last thing the witches said before they disappear at the hospital.

            “You won’t be able to save other! Your clan is coming to an end!”

            Chansung notices the strange and deep thought looks Nichkhun is in. “Nichkhun?”

            “I suddenly remember a few words the witches said to me. Have you heard from Sunye or James?” Nichkhun asked.

            Chansung shakes his head ‘no’. “No. They should arrive soon, but I have not received a call from any of them.” He said. Chansung soon picks up the same feeling Nichkhun is having. “Could it be?”

            Without another word, Nichkhun and Chansung rush out of the mansion with a small group of the guard to the train station. Sprinting at a super speed, they leap from tree to another tree.

* * * * *

            “Mommy, when are we going to be there?” the little asked.

            “Hailey, come here.” Said Sunye, waving her right hand at the little Hailey.

            Hailey runs to her, jump into her arm, and embrace her. “Mommy, I miss uncle Taecyeon. Is uncle going to get me a present? He promises me that when I come to visit him, he will get him a present.”

            Sunye smiles. “You will.”

            “Hailey, are you hungry?” James asked.

            “No daddy.” Hailey shook her head ‘no’.

            Suddenly, he looks down and up at the train. The sound of footstep gets louder and closer.

            “Honey?”

            James looks at Sunye. Her eyes fill with worries and fears. The enemy is getting closer. James quickly grabs Hailey out of Sunye’s arm. He runs to the other end of the train—open a door to the secret hideout in the train. He put Hailey in the small dark room. Sunye runs over with a few bags of foods and open a bottle of alcohol and pour around Hailey.

            “Hailey, no matter what you hear do not come out. Stay in here until help arrived.” Said Sunye in a shaky and frightened tone.

            “Mommy.” Hailey reaches her hands out for Sunye.

            Sunye give Hailey a kiss on the forehead, “Listen to mommy, okay? Don’t come out.” She said.

            James grabs her stuff animal and hands it to Hailey. “Mommy and Daddy love you, Hailey.” He said.

            James hears more footsteps coming toward their train component. He closes the door. A dozen of the tribe people stands before James and Sunye, ready for battle. The sound of glass breaking echoes loudly.

            “Lycans.” Said Sunye.

            James shapeshifts into his Lycan form. The tribe shapeshifts into its true form as well. Sunye turns and looks down where they hide their daughter one last time before she transforms into a Lycan and joins the fight against its own kind.

            The fights are brutal. Blood shedding everywhere. Arms and legs tears apart. One by one, the guard from the Daegun tribe falls. James and Sunye are outnumber and injured. In their half-human and half Lycan lying on the floor, a man walking up to them. Sunye recognizes his face.

            “Seung Won.” Sunye whispered his name. “I should have known.”

            “It has been a long time, Sunye.” Said Seung Won with an evil smirk. He tilts his head to the right side a little then move his right hand to her face. James steps in—grab his wrist, stopping him from getting closer.

            “Don’t touch her.” Said James in a fierce tone.

            Seung Won chuckles lightly, “You got a friend to join you. Such pity a beautiful woman has to die.” He said. He signals his people hold James up. James struggles to break free.

            The frighten Sunye what her husband hold captive by the enemy. “What do you want?”

            “I want your tribe to vanish from this world. I want the stone.”

            “I don’t have the stone.”

            “Well, that’s too sad.” Said Seung Won. He stands up and put on black leather gloves before he pulls out a silver dagger from one of his people and walks up to James. He held the dagger up and point at James’ heart.

            “No!” Sunye jumps to her feet and run to stop Seung Won but his people hold her back.

            Seung Won stab James’s heart with the silver dagger. James grunt in pain as the silver venom run over his veins.

            “AHHH!!!” James scream. The pain was too unbearable. He last breath, he looks at Sunye in tears.

            She shook her head, “James…”

            The lifeless James falls to the floor. Seung Won stab Sunye at the center, taking her life the same way, he did to her husband. She falls beside James, reach for his hand and hold it tightly.

           “Be safe my daughter. Mommy and Daddy will always be your side and love you.” In her last breath, she whispered inside her head as she shed tears.

            “Such sad ending for this couple.” Said Seung Won. He threw the dagger to the ground. He looks around, “Search the place. I want that stone.”

            The group of vampire nod and scattered, searching from one component to the next. From searching the component to small rooms in the train and digging in the luggage, they could not find the stone and reported it back to Seung Won, who wait for an answer. Seung Won sniff and smirk.

            “Let go.” Said Seung Won. He walks out of the train followed by his people. Before they leave the scene, Seung Won take another look at the full moon then make run away from the train; they leap and run back to their hideout.

            Shortly after they disappear, Nichkhun and Chansung arrive and sees window shatter. The aroma of blood from the Lycan fills the air. Nichkhun and Chansung enter the train and sees the body on the floor. Down at the other end where Hailey hide in a small storage beneath, they see the lifeless James and Sunye in hand on the floor.

            “No....” Nichkhun whispered in a shocked tone as he walks up to them. “This can’t be.” He kneels in front of their body. "Sunye. James." 

 

to be continued……………………….