Ch. 4: The Agreement

Beauty and the Beast

             After the talk that afternoon, Yoona and Yuri have been busy calling many other business partners, asking them for a hand. A few refuse to answer the call, while other have the secretary sent them a short message stating that they are not in the office momentarily. Yoona and Yuri knew it was useless if they keep trying. Yoona opens a few documents, going through them carefully for the next few hours. The late evening hit, Yoona close the last documents as looks at the clock hanging on the wall while Yuri stretches her upper body.

            “It’s 6:30 already?” She asked as she looks at Yuri.

            “What? Really?” Yuri turn and looks at the clock. “I didn’t even notice time went by so fast.”

            “Lets’ go see appa.” Said Yoona, getting out of her seat.

            Yuri join her and leave the office. They take the elevator up to the 32nd floor and down the hall to Mr. Im office.

            Yoona knock on the door, “Appa?”

            No answer. She glance at Yuri before she open the door and not see him in the his office at all. A secretary walks down the hall and up to them.

            “He Annyounghaeseyo Ms. Yoona and Ms. Yuri.” The secretary greeted them.

            “Do you know where Mr. Im is?” Yoona asked, worriedly.

            The secretary shakes her head ‘no’. “But I saw him leaving in a hurry about ten minutes ago.”

            Yoona and Yuri eyes jolt as they looks at each other. “Is he…?” Said Yuri.

            Yoona did not take another second to think and hurriedly down to the main level of the building with Yuri. They exit the building and walks up to Yoona’s car. She start the engine and hit the road in seconds.

            “Where do you think he could be? Home?” Yuri asked, worriedly.

            “I think I know where he is going.” Said Yoona, confidently.

            Yoona drive as fast as she could while Yuri tries calling Mr. Im cell, but was sent straight to the voicemail. Twenty of driving in the highway, Yoona make a couple turn and park in front but to the side of the building. Yuri looks up and sees the OK Enterprise words in front of her.

She looks at Yoona, who just turn press on the power button to the car engine. “What are we doing here?”

            “Appa is here. His car is right over there.” Said Yoona looking to her left.

            Yuri looks pass her and sees Mr. Im car park in front of the building but to the left side. Yoona unbuckles her seatbelt and exits the car. Yuri quickly did the same. They enter the building, ignoring and walking pass many. The secretary tries to approach and stop them but they ignore and hurry to the elevator. The secretary enters the elevator as well. Yoona press on the number 60th. The door closed and the elevator begins moving up.

            “I’m sorry, but do you have an appointment.” The secretary asked.

            “We don’t. We’re here to find someone.” Said Yuri.

            The secretary knew who they were talking about. “I’m sorry, but he’s in a meeting with someone.”

            “That someone is my father.” Said Yoona, anxiously looking at the numbers going up. 52.53.54.55. She clutches her hands together as she continues to count the numbers on each floor the elevator has passed. It finally stops and the doors slide apart. Yoona walks out of the elevator into a white marble wall and dark grey ceiling and decors. She grabs the door handle and pushes it. She meets his eyes again. The tall handsome and muscular man sitting at the table looking at her.

            “I’m sorry sir, but Miss….”

            “It’s fine.” Said Taecyeon, calmly waves at the secretary. “You can go back to your work.”

            The secretary bow and leave. Yoona enter the room with Yuri, walking up to Mr. Im, who stand and facing them.

            “Appa, what are you doing here?” Said Yuri in a bit of a mad tone. “You should be home and resting, not here. Why didn’t you tell us that you were coming here?”

            “I needed to talk to him.” Said Mr. Im in a weak tone.

            Yuri looks fiercely at Taecyeon, “What did he say to you? What did he offer?”

            “He just got here. We have not negotiated on anything…yet.” Said Taecyeon without taking his eyes off Yoona. “He just got here as well.”

            “Yuri, lower your tone.” Said Mr. Im.

            Taecyeon can smell a witch spell on his. HE can identify who it came from, but not what spell Yeeny have cast on Mr. Im. From Mr. Im eyes, he knows the smell is meant to torture him slowly. “You do not look well, Mr. Im. You should go get a check-up.” Said Taecyeon with concern.

            “Thank you for your concern. If you are really…. I mean if you are really concern you wouldn’t make an old man wait for your respond.” Said Yuri.

            Taecyeon calmly stand and walks around the desk. He stop in front of Yoona, who’s in between him and Mr. Im.

            “I did not ask him to be here. He came here himself.” Said Taecyeon.

            “How did you know I was here?” Mr. Im asked as he looks at Yuri.

            “I didn’t. Yoona did.” Said Yuri as she looks at Yoona, who’s facing Taecyeon.

            The cold eyes that pierce from her as she stares into his with blinking. She feels a heatwave hitting through her body, running up to her cheeks as her stand in front of him… about a foot or two away from him.

            “If you are all here for my answer then I will give it to you. I have review the documents and your proposal. There seem to be some part that I feel unsure.” Said Taecyeon, in a deep tone.

            “We will change it to make you happy.” Yoona immediately answer.

Taecyeon hissed. “It’s not that important. Even if you change the fix to meet my satisfaction. It won’t change how I think and what I see.” He said, calmly.

            “Then what would you like us to do?” Said Yoona. Her voice shakes a bit in between. His deep tone frightens her a bit, making her body weak along with his sharp stares. “We will do anything.”

            Taecyeon inhale and exhale before he continues. “I want a contract between me and you.” He said. In a calm tone with eyes like a beast piercing through her as he waits calmly for her answer.

            “MWO!” Yuri exclaimed in shock.

            Yoona nervously gulp as she looks into the sharp yet charisma eyes that’s eating her up.

            “What contract?” Said Yoona, weakly.

            “Don’t be afraid.” He said as he reaches for a folding at the end of the desk without taking his eyes off her. “You read this first and then tell me the answer.”

            Yoona glance at the folder for a second than back at him. “I accept.”

            “Don’t answer me yet. Read it first.”

            Yuri was about to reach for the folder, but Taecyeon stop her.

“This is between me and her.”

“This is taking advantage of the us during the time of need. This is no different than slavery.” Said Yuri in a mad tone.

            Yoona takes the folder from him and read it.

            “It’s not a slavery contract. I’m just asking her contribution to my business.” Said Taecyeon as he observes her---from her eyes to her nose and down to her lips. A beauty that he never believes would exist in this world. “A fair trade.”

            Yoona close the folders and looks at him again. “I accept.”

            “Yoona.” Yuri dislike how in control Taecyeon is as she helpless watch from behind.

            Taecyeon take the pen from the desk and hand it to her. “Good. I will give you further detail later on. Right now, I need your signature.” He said.

            “I need yours as well.” Said Yoona, boldly.

            Taecyeon nodded his head lightly as he walks back around the table and take the folder out from the drawer. He opens it and a contract with a blank spot await for his signature.

            “One condition. No help from the third person. No one is allowed to know about this. If the fourth person or more knowledge about this contract than our deal is off. I will pull back everything that I have put in your father company.” He said.

            Yoona nod. Taecyeon grab another pen and sign the contract. Yoona did as well. She put the folder on the desk.

            “I will make a copy of this.” Said Taecyeon as he close the folder. “Tomorrow, I will make an announcement.”

            “Thank you.” Said Mr. Im. “But my daughter…”

            “You don’t have to worry. I won’t do anything to hurt her. She is a smart and bold woman. She will be working for me until I retrieve what is stated in the contract.” Said Taecyeon.

            Mr. Im worriedly looks at Yoona. She give his a firm smile with a nod. “Trust me appa.” Seeing his condition, Yoona becomes more worries. His pale and tiring face as he rest his right hand at his chest.

Yoona looks at Yuri, “Can you take appa to the car?” She signal Yuri to take a close look at Mr. Kim.

            Yuri did and sees Mr. Kim facial expression worsen. She looks at Yoona while helping Mr. Kim up. “You?”

            “I’ll be right behind. I just need a word with him.” Said Yoona. “Take appa home.”

            Yuri sign before she help Mr. Kim out of Taecyeon office. The door close, Yoona turn around and face Taecyeon again.

            “You’re a very smart girl.” Taecyeon praised.

            “I’m doing what is stated in the contract.” Said Yoona in a cold tone. “What do you want?”

            “Good.” Taecyeon nod. He takes a couple step forward, making her nervous seeing how close they are too each other. “Then I believe that you understand the contract clearly.” He said. Yoona nod. “All I want you to understand is that you are my assistant manager. You do as I say if you want to save your father business. Don’t worry, it’s not a slave contract. You will work like any other employee here at the OK Enterprise. Beginning tomorrow, I would like you to come here and become my assistant manager. You are allow to work at your father place for four hours in the morning from Monday to Friday. After that, I expect you to be here working diligently beside me. Weekend are mandatory. You will be staying at my resident. No one, including your family are allow to know about this.”

            “Your resident?” Yoona trembles nervously.

            “Yes, my resident.” Taecyeon said almost in a whisper.

            Yoona gulp nervously as she looks into his sharp eyes. The pair of the eyes that shakes her, makes her cheek burning pink and her two legs trembles as she tries hard to stand on her two feet. The gap between them is exactly one ruler away. A sudden exotic thought crosses her mind. A thought of her in his room with him standing less than a ruler away with his right-hand brushing softly against her cheek down to her lips. Yoona nervously gulp again as she tries to wipe the thought away, but somehow, her eyes travel down his red lips.

            Taecyeon smirk lightly and seductively as he takes a good look from her eyes down to her lips. He take one step closer. Yoona body jolt a step back.

            “What are you doing?” Yoona asked, nervously.

            “I just want to know if your mind is still here with you. You’ve been standing for a while without words. I assume that you must be thinking about something.” Said Taecyeon.

            The shock Yoona feels the heat continuing its’ way to her cheek. “I was just thinking about the contract.” She said, nervously.

            “The contract?” Taecyeon said, with suspicious.

            “Yes.”

            “Okay.” He said. “The original contract will stay with me. I will have a copy sent to you.”

            “I have one condition as well.” Yoona proposed.

            Taecyeon tilt his head and looks at her. “What is it?”

            “Whatever happen between me and you, my father cannot know. If he need your assistant or if the company is slowly going into a black hole, I want you to help him at all cost.”

“You are a filial daughter. He is very lucky to have you as his daughter.” Said Taecyeon. “I agree, but me warn you that there a certain people you should be careful of… those that around you and working under your father.”

Yoona gulp as she sharply looks into his eyes. “That include you.”

            Taecyeon lightly hissed. He turn and walks to his seat. He reaches for the folder, open it and read the document in the folder.

            Yoona looks at him for a moment, waiting for him to say anything else before she takes her leave. Taecyeon did not say a word. Yoona leaves his office. Taecyeon looks up and sees her for the last time that night before the door close shut. His cell phone, lying on the desk by the monitor, rings a couple time before he picks it up and looks at the screen. Taecyeon slides the green arrow to the right and answers the called.

            “Hyun-joong is indeed working with the Jin’s Clan. They met up last night on the dark highway far from the city. Jun-Hyun demand something out of Hyun-Joong within two weeks. They are on the moves. This won’t be good if they get whatever they need.” Nichkhun reported to him. “I’ve been following Jun-Hyun sense, but I cannot find the leader of the clan. They spread their people all over the place. I can’t follow them anymore. They notice me already.”

            Taecyeon quietly and calmly thinks before he speaks again. “Jong Kook will be here soon as well. I need to inform Min Jun and Jong Kook about this. They need to be aware of this.” Said Taecyeon. “Sunye and James will be here in a couple day. Have Chansung and Jackson on the watch. Make sure nothing happens to them. I want you to trace down Yenny. She has done something to Mr. Kim. Be careful not to get caught.”  

            “Araso.”

            Taecyeon end the calls and stares at the open space in front of him.

           

To be continued……………………………….