Ch. 5: The Witch

Beauty and the Beast

          “Good Morning from SBS news. Another bright sunny day with the temperature of -1 C. We would like to start your day with a surprising news. The OK Enterprise and the IM Enterprise have joined hands, working side by side. It is unsure the reason why or what they have in stock for us, but today, there will be a conference at 10 AM at the IM Enterprise building. Please stay tuned. We will give you an update once we know the answer. –From your morning news channel, SBS News” 

            As the news plays on every screen on the busy streets. A luxurious black car stop and park in front of the IM’s building. The two guards exit the car and each walks to the door and open the door. Taecyeon and Nichkhun exit the car. The lights of the cameras flash repeatedly as they enter the building—a secretary walks them pass the crowded lobby and down the hallway to a double door. The employees of the IM Enterprise open the door for them. They enter the grand conference room where Yoona, Yuri, and Mr. IM wait for them at the long table on the stage. Yoona glimpse at Taecyeon for a second.  The room fills with about a dozen of reporters and other members from the two companies waiting patiently for the announcement and the future plan of they have to announce to the world.

 “Keep an eye out for the witches,” Taecyeon whispered.

Nichkhun lightly bowed. Taecyeon walks up to the long table, stop in front of Mr. Im and greeted him with a bow before he takes a seat beside him. He looks down on the table and sees a blue folder laying at his spot. He bows to the people before seated. Hyun-Joong’s eyes fill with jealousy and hatred as he watches from below the stage in the left corner of the stage.

            “Good morning everyone. Thank you for coming today.” Said Mr. Im with a smile on his face. “It’s a pleasure to have you all here today.”

            “Mr. Im, what is your plan with Mr. Ok?” A female reporter from SBS News immediately asked a question.

            “Are you opening another branch with Mr. Ok.?”

            Mr. Im smiles weakly as he looks at the reporters. “As far I can tell you, we have……..” Mr. Im suddenly feels something pressuring his chest, suffocating him. He grabs onto his chest, breathing very hard. Taecyeon looks up at Mr. Im and sees sweats over his forehead. Mr. Im falls back onto the floor.

            “Appa!” Yuri and Yoona shouted. They run up to Mr. Im.

            Taecyeon looks at Nichkhun, who shakes his head ‘no’, and walks up to Mr. Im. He places his two right fingers on the Mr. Im neck, reading his pulse. Hyun-Joong and Seung-gi immediately rush up the stage to Mr. Im

“What are you doing?” Yuri asked. “You’re killing him!”

            Taecyeon ignores her and does chest compression on Mr. Im. “Call the ambulance.” He said.

            Yoona immediately pulls out her cell phone and calls the ambulance. The shock Yuri watches him perform CPR.

            The other end of the line answered her call, “I need help. I need an ambulance now.” Said Yoona.

            “What is your location?”

            “The IM Enterprise.”

            “We will be there shortly.”

            The calls end. Yoona kneels next to the unconscious Mr. Im.

            Nichkhun left the conference room to the lobby. He looks left to right and could not find Ye-eun or her people. He went to the elevator and sees two elevators going up, one stop at the rooftop. Nichkhun quickly takes the stairway and dashes up to the rooftop like lightning. He opens the door to the roof and sees Ye-eun with of her assistants. They turn around with devious smiles.

Ye-eun waves goodbye. “Ta-ta.” She whispered. Nichkhun dash like lightning but was unable to catch them. They’ve disappeared under the use of her spell.

            “It was you after all.” Said Nichkhun, glaring at the three of them. “Give me the cure.”

            Ye-eun smiles viciously. “The cure?” She said, acting clumsy. “What cure?”

            Nichkhun slowly lost his temper as he slowly walks up to them. “I don’t have time for your game.” He said with his hands roll into a tight fist.

            Ye-eun two assistants steps in front of her.

            “Mr. Im did not do anything to you, why are you torturing him?”

            “He didn’t. I just want a little game with Ok Taecyeon.” Said Ye-eun.

            “You!” Nichkhun was about to dash toward her with his fist in the air.

            Ye-eun raises her right hand up. “Stop.” She said. “If I were you I wouldn’t do anything stupid.” She said with sharp eyes. “Or else, Mr. Im will not see the next sunlight.”

            “Give me the cure.” Nichkhun demand in a fierce tone.

            “Not that easy.” Said Ye-eun before she grabs onto her two assistants’ shoulders and disappears in thin air.

            Nichkhun runs to the edge of the roof and looks down. There was an ambulance in front of the building with paramedics running into the building. He glances into the crowds that’s block off by the security and sees a someone walks away. A man dress in dark color clothes stops and looks up at Nichkhun with a malicious smirk, taunting him to jump down and chase after him. But in broad daylight, he couldn’t. He could not risk the clan or what the people do not believe and is afraid off. All he could do was stand and watch the man walks away.   

* * * * *

            Yuri and Yoona have been at the hospital since morning, from outside the ER room to the VIP suite. Sitting the living room, the two of them wait for Mr. Im to be awake. The reporters surround the hospital and the IM Enterprise. The talks spread rapidly fast in the company. Seung-gi working with other high members of the company to stop the rumors and the reporters. The eun’s shadow stand beside Mr. Im bed. She looks at Yoona, who’s still asleep on the long couch, and then at Mr. Im.night fall as the moon rise high in the sky. It’s light shine into the suite. Yoona quietly sleeping on the couch. Yuri leave the room down to the cafeteria to fetch a coffee. A mild wind blow against the tree outside the room. A soft mist glide into the suite and slowly into the bedroom and around the bed legs. Ye-

Ye-eun’s right index finger point and press at Mr. Im’s chest, “The next to shall frail unconsciously. Only a stone of the enemy shall awake you.” She whispered the spell. A light glow mildly as an energy run from her hand to his chest.

The door open, Ye-eun turns and sees Taecyeon fiercely glaring at her. His eyes were deep blue and breathing heavily. He dashes to her like lightening and grabs before she could escape.

            “You’re too late.” Said Ye-eun with a smirk.

            “Undo the spell.” Said Taecyeon in a deep voice with fierce eyes’ glaring at her.

            “Spell can’t be undone.”

            “Then I will kill you.”

            Taecyeon makes a dash toward her, reaching his arms out to grab her. Ye-eun viciously smiles as the mist surround her. His right hand was an inch away from grabbing a hold of her, but she disappeared. He grips his fists tightly and turns around. Ye-Eun appears at the front of the room. She flirtishly wave good-bye to him.

            “This time you will not go anywhere.” Said Nichkhun stepping out from another hallway.

            “I was wondering where you were. Usually, you stick close to Taecyeon.” Said Ye-Eun.

            “Well, I’m here now and I’ll make sure you will not escape this time.” Said Nichkhun.

            “You can try.” She said.

            Nichkhun sprint like look behind. He sees her assistant, Uee, ready to cast another death spell at him. Ye-eun disappear and appear beside Uee. He eyes glow like Taecyeon, but lighter like artic blue.lightening to her but a bright gold shock flying at him. He dodges down and

            “Undo the spell.” Taecyeon commanded.

            “Once a spell is cast, there’s no take-back.” Said Ye-eun, calmly.

            “Then I’ll take your life.” His tone was scary as he glared at Ye-eun.

            Yoona slightly awake by the voice. Taecyeon glance inside the room where Yoona is sleeping on the couch. He sees her eyes open. Uee Lift her right arm up and ready to cast a spell. Nichkhun dash to her and Ye-un at full speed. Taecyeon hurriedly step in between the spell and Yoona. Nichkhun manage to hit her hand away. Ye-eun grab onto Uee right side shoulder and vanished before Nichkhun could grab a hold of them. He growled in anger and quickly follow their sense.

            Yoona wakes up from her nap and sees Taecyeon in front of her. Her eyes jolt wide, in shock, to see him in the room… and up close.

            “Wh—what are you doing here?” Yoona asked, nervously.

            The unemotional yet cold looks Taecyeon keeps looking at her for another short moment before he glances at Mr. Im, who is still unconscious laying on the bed in another small room within the suit.

            “I came to visit Mr. Im.” Said Taecyeon, in a cold tone.

            “So far, he’s still during fine. No sign of danger.” Said Yoona. “You have not answered my question. What are you doing here at this hour?”   

            Taecyeon stands and walks over to the bed. Yoona quickly follows him into the small room. He stops and stands beside the bed, looking at Mr. Im face that’s pale and show no sign of life. He places his hand at the center of Mr. Im chest. Yoona watches his action from behind. She was confused at what he was doing.

            “Ye-eun have cast another spell on him.” Taecyeon whispered inside his head as he continues to feel the slow beating pulse against his palm.

            “What are you doing?” Yoona asked, confusedly.

            “What does she want from him?” Taecyeon whispered inside his head again.

            Ignore her words, Yoona walks up closer to him. Somehow, her right-hand reaches out to grab his left arm, wanting his attention… wanting his answer to why he was here. Taecyeon turn around and sees the shock look on her. She was speechless and feels her heart beating very fast. Taecyeon stood calmly and unemotionally looking into her eyes as he waits for her to speak. Yet no words were able to come out of her.

* * * * *

            Following the sense, Nichkhun was able to trail them through a small valley and into a park. A small dark mist surround by the pond. He leaps into the air over the field and down by the pond. Nichkhun eun and Uee appears and a few feet away from him. Ye-eun stand in front of Uee with her hands up in the air ready to cast a spell at Nichkhun, who’s charging at them. Nichkhun quickly dodge the spell and grab Ye-eun wrist. She response with a couple fierce fists follow by Uee kicks. Nichkhun let go and dodge left to right. Nichkhun charge at them, throwing a few punches at them. Ye-eun push Uee away as she tries to block the punches. She only block three punch but the forth strive at her left shoulder, sending her flying ten feet back. Ye-eun coughs out a little blood. Nichkhun strive another kick at Ye-eun.throw his deadly grab on at them, successfully injuring Uee at her shoulder. Ye-

            “Even if you kill us today. You won’t be able to save other! Your clan is coming to an end!” Uee shouted.

            Nichkhun stops and looks at Uee. Ye-eun cat a black mist at him. Nichkhun closed his eyes and block the poison mist with his hand. He takes a couple steps away. Ye-eun and Uee take this advantage and disappear, leaving no trail behind. Once the black mist dissolves, Nichkhun opens his eyes and looks around the place. His eyebrows narrow together “What does she mean by that?” The deeper his thought is, the tighter is fists is as he stares at the open space.

 

To be continued………………………………………..