Chapter 11: Escaping the night

Beauty and the Beast

            The maid bows before she dismisses herself from the guest room. The door shut close, leaving Yoona alone in the room. She looks around the room—it was elegant and luxuriously modernize desk, beds stand, lights, and more.

            “For a man with such cold face sure have good taste in design.” Yoona whispered quietly. She inhales and exhales softly before she walks to the queen size bed and sits at the edge. She stares at the fireplace. Though she feels very warm in the room, somehow a part of her still feels cold. The cold that gives her goosebumps. She shut her eyes for a moment, the images and the growls from ‘those monsters’ cross her mind again. It frightens her. She immediately opens her eyes. Then she thought of Taecyeon and in his beast transformation. His deep cobalt blue eyes. His beastly form was about eight feet tall. She lifts her right hand and looks at it. “He’s very warm.” She whispered, remembering the moment she felt his heart beating against her palm.

* * * * *

[The Ok’s study room…]

            Taecyeon enters the study room with a white ed shirt on. Min-jun and Chansung are waiting by the desk. He walks over to them and takes a seat beside Min-jun.

            “Why was the Jin after her? What do they want from her?”

            “I don’t know. I asked her how she knows the way here. She said they chased after her, leading her here.” Taecyeon answered. “She was scared.”  

            “I found a human footprint just done the mountain. There was two. One pair of footprints does not belong to Seung Won. They were watching us when we fought against the enemy.”

             “They use her to get us out of the hole. They were trying to test us.” Said Min-jun. He looks at Taecyeon, “You should have never rescue her.”

             “I can’t let her be harm by them.” Said Taecyeon.

             “Now, she has become a part of their entertainment. A piece in this game of chess.” Said Min-jun. “She will be your weakness if you continue.”

             Taecyeon gritted his teeth as he stares at the floor. He was speechless. Min-jun is right. She has unknowingly become his weakness.

            “Taecyeon, what is more important? The Order of the Daegun Clan or her?”

            Taecyeon did not answer. He continues to stare at the floor.

            “You don’t have much time.” Said Min-Jun, “Do you remember the curse?”

            He remembers… The curse that binds him from the world. The curse the forbid him from what many see as… ‘love’. Only him walks the lonely path.

            “Taecyeon.” Chansung called. Taecyeon looks at him. “I have clues where the other elders are.” He said.

            Taecyeon and Min-jun delighted to hear the news.

            “Tomorrow, take me to them.” Said Taecyeon in a deep tone.

            Chansung nod.

* * * * *

[The night in Tokyo……]

            Nichkhun sits among the audience on the center of the fifth row from the stage. As the audiences continue to enter the auditorium, Nichkhun looks through the booklet, scanning quickly. Ten minutes later, the auditorium lights dim as the thick red curtains slide apart. Five beautiful girls stand in formation at the center of the stage. The audiences went silent immediately with all attention on the girls. Nichkhun has a bright smile across his face looking at Taeyeon. The music begins. The girls dance to “Lil Touch by OH!GG”. Each girl had a different outfit. Taeyeon was the most revealing of all—a black two-piece outfit. The dance moves are powerful and on the mark. Their vocals were clear and soothing to the ears. Nichkhun gives Taeyeon extra of his undivine attention. Her movement, beauty, and vocal were the best for him. The way she flips her hair, her body wave, and her fingers combing through her shine and smooth hair. He was memorized. Dancing and singing, Taeyeon smiles sweetly to the audience. She finds her eyes on Nichkhun… only for a short moment.

            Nichkhun continues to enjoy the performance. It’s about to come to an end. Nichkhun takes a deep breath. His facial expression changes. He stands and quietly leaves the auditorium. Following the scent, Nichkhun leaves the Performance Building of the University. The scents are getting stronger. He stops and looks straight. There were Lycans hiding in the in the dark behind the trees. They were 100 feet away.

            “What’s with them and the tree?” Said Nichkhun.

            The leader of the group walks out from the dark. “So, this is where the younger sister of Sunye have been hiding.” He said. 

            Nichkhun smirk. “Shouldn’t you be somewhere else? Where is your babysitter?” He said in a calm tone. “A bunch of news babies walking around at night with no babysitter and acting like a big boss. Always hiding in the dark and behind bushes or tree. How embarrassing.”

            “You!” Said the leader in anger. “Keep talking, by the time the show ends you won’t be there to rescue her.”

            The leader of the group words provokes him. Nichkhun clenches his fist tightly as he glared at them. He makes a fierce run—like a lightening—and throw a hard punch across the middle man face, sending him flying back. The fight begins with 5 against 1 out in the front of the building.

            The show soon ended. The audience stand and claps cheerfully. The group on stage bow gracefully and wave goodbye before leaving the stage. Members and staff clean and organize things into boxes or containers and carry it into the storage room. Thankfully to a large group of members, they were able to finish cleaning in less than thirty minutes. Sohee notices Nichkhun absent. She takes another look at the auditorium before leaving with Taeyeon and Hyoyeon.

            “Where could he be?” Sohee said, walking down the hall to the main lobby of the building.

            Few lights went off with three remain still on in the lobby. Sohee and the girls continue to look around. She takes out her cellphone and dials his number.

            “I saw him leaving before the show end.” Said Taeyeon.

            “Maybe, he went to make a phone call.” Said Hyoyeon, making an assumption.

            “Or maybe he will never appear again.” Said a man walking out from the dark.

            “We’re sorry, the number you’ve reached is unable to take your call. Please leave a message after the tone.” A voicemail spoke over the phone.

            Sohee ended the call, “Who are you? And what do you mean by that?” She asked.

            “You don’t need to know about me since you won’t live past tonight.”

            Taeyeon’s eyes are a gold-silver sphere as she takes a step forward. Hyoyeon’s eyes were red as she stands behind Sohee.

            The man laughs, “You’ve got vampire friends with you.” He said. “It’s forbidden for a Lycan to unify with the vampire.”

            “What do you want?” Sohee asked, demandingly.

            “You’re precious little heart.” Said the man with sharp and fierce looks ready to take their life. “I guess I’ll be having a little fun with you three girls.”

            After his last sentence, the man charges furiously out from the dark toward the girls. Hyoyeon made the first run and tackle him, but only to be push to the wall. Taeyeon dash—throwing a few kicks at him, but he manages to dodge all of it. She throws a punch, he caught her by the wrist and held her still. “You smell very lovely, sweetie.”

            “I’m not your sweetie.” Taeyeon tries to resist by throwing a back kick.

            He dodges and sends a hefty punch at her left lower shoulder. She flew back in the air. Out of nowhere, Nichkhun rush to her—catches her just in time. They spin a couple time before he put her down on her feet. Her right-hand places her shoulder, he sees her in pain. Nichkhun’s eyes turn cobalt blue-platinum eyes as he glared deadly at the man that just attack Taeyeon. He flanks the man away from Sohee, tackling him to the ground followed by a few punches. He lifts the man up and threw him to the wall. The man immediately got on his feet as blooding strolling down his chin.

            “I thought you were dead.” Said the man.

            “Not that easy to take my life.” Said Nichkhun in a deep tone.

            “I’ll make sure your dead tonight like those who were on the train.”

            A burning rage rising inside of him with eyes full of regret and anger. “You were also there that night.”

            “I take part of the mission.” Said the man.

             Nichkhun growls in anger. The two fiercely make a run and leap into the air with their fists ready to hit one another. Nichkhun fast speed throw him back to the ground and immediately snap his spine.

              “AHHH!” The man cried. He grunts as he tries to get back on his feet. “Even if you get out here alive, you won’t be able to leave this country alive. They are waiting for you all.” 

Nichkhun found a gun in the man jacket. “Try me.” He pulls the trigger multiple times—killing the man instantly and drop the gun. Inhaling and exhaling heavily as he watches the dead man on the floor.

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon walk over to Sohee, who is in shock and confused the man last words. Nichkhun turns around and sees the three of them looking at him.  

            “Is this the reason why you are here?” Sohee asked. “To protect me?”

            Nichkhun, whose eyes were still cobalt blue-platinum color, nod one time as he walks up to her. “Yes.” He said.

            “What does he mean ‘like those who died on the train?’. What really happen?” She demanded. He stopped.

            “I was going to bring you back to Seoul first and then explain to you everything. But I didn’t know they will be here this fast.” Said Nichkhun. “Sohee-ah…..Sunye and James were murdered on the train to Seoul.”

            The news shock Sohee. She felt her heart stop beating for a moment, unable to speak, unable to move at all. Her heart and body were like no different than those dead body on the floor.

            “Sohee…….We must leave.” He continued, calmly.

            “What about Hailey?” Her voice trembles in sadness and pain.

            “She’s safe. She was hidden in a secret component of the train. Chansung and I came in time to save her.”

            “Why didn’t Taecyeon tell me about this?”

            “He didn’t want you to distract and expose your location to the enemy.” Nichkhun answered as he walks up to her, Taeyeon, and Hyoyeon. “It’s not safe here. We must go. There are more coming soon.”

            “What do we do with him?” Hyoyeon asked.

            Nichkhun looks at the body. He walks up to it and carries it over his shoulder. “Wait for me in my car. It’s on the north side of this building, lot A.”

            Sohee nods and walks with Taeyeon, and Hyoyeon to the location of his car. Nichkhun dash like lightning out of the building with the body. The three of them hurriedly to his car and wait. The night is chill as the breeze shakes the trees back and forth. It was a frightful night with all three of them careful watches their surroundings. Another breeze came across Sohee nose, she can smell the Lycans nearby and immediately looks up. There was a bunch on the roof of the buildings 600 feet away. All the eyes were on the girls, ready to attack any moment soon.

Nichkhun's car: 

Q400

            Nichkhun makes a big leap in the air—jumping from the big on the right into the parking lots. He stands beside Taeyeon with raging eyes at the enemies.

            “Get in the car.” Nichkhun ordered.

            “What about them?” Sohee asked.

            “There’s about ten on the roof.” Said Hyoyeon.

            “Don’t worry about them.” Said Nichkhun as he looks at Taeyeon. “I don’t think you and your friend….”

            “She’s my sister.” Taeyeon corrects him.

            “I’m sorry. You and your sister won’t be going home tonight.” Said Nichkhun. “For your loved one’s safety.”

            “We can protect ourselves.” Said Hyoyeon, in an overconfident tone.

            “But I don’t want another misunderstanding between Vampires and Lycan. It won’t be good if the vampires hear about you two killed by Lycans.” Said Nichkhun before his eyes glide to Taeyeon, “After all, our war is still going on. It doesn’t matter how many or what kind of species you are, we won’t surrender. A fair war with the beauty. Right now, I need you out of here safe.”

            Taeyeon’s feels her heart beating nervously fast to his words. Yet, she worries about him. Hyoyeon and Sohee look at them from the side.

            Nichkhun looks at Sohee, “Get in the car.” He said.

            Sohee nod. Nichkhun watches the girls get in his Maserati Quattroporte GTS Gransport first, he takes one last look at the at the roof. “Why aren’t they attacking? What are they waiting for?” He whispered inside his head.

            A man walks to the light, showing his face to Nichkhun. “Himchan.”

            Himchan smirks evilly as he looks at Nichkhun.

            Nichkhun enters the car and immediately press on the start button. The car engine rumble loudly. He steps on the gas pedal hard. The car went fast as lightning out onto the road.

            “Get them!” Himchan shouted.

            Lycans jumping from the roof to the concrete ground and chase after the car. He shifts the sticks, the speed meter went up to 270 km/h. He tries to get rid of the chasers.

            Sohee looks at them through the side mirror. “Nichkhun oppa…” Her voice with worries as she looks at him.

            “I know. Lycan is fast, but not that fast. They’re still new.” Said Nichkhun with confident.

            Nichkhun makes a curve turn. He sees one standing 150 feet away from another curve. Nichkhun release his feet off the gas pedal—the speed drop then click on the cruise button

            “Sohee, I need to you to jump over and take the wheel.” Said Nichkhun with his eyes fiercely glared at the Himchan by the curve turn.  “No matter what happens, just keep driving. Do not stop. Follow the GPS. It’s encrypted, no one can track you or the car.”

            “What about you?” She asked.

            “I’ll catch up with you later.”

             The car speed drop below 50 km/h. Taeyeon watches Nichkhun smoothly get out of the car to the roof hood. Sohee takes over the driver seat. The three girls watch Nichkhun leap high in the air and land just 50 yards away from Himchan.

             Himchan smirk as Nichkhun grips tightens up. “It has been a long time Nichkhun-sshi.”

             “You have not changed at all. Still, a cold heart Lycan that serve under Byung-hun.”

             “I have the order to complete.”

             “And so, do I.”

             “I guess we have to battle it out. I want to see how much you have improved.”        

             “You took away two people I’ve cared about. I won’t let you take another member of the clan.”

              The next step, Nichkhun dash, and tackle Himchan off the road to the white brick building. Sohee clicks the cruise button and steps on the gas pedal again. The fight begins with fists flying across each other. Nichkhun grabs onto Himchan right fist—twist and turn—he leaps to the back and push him to the brick building with face press hard against the brick. A quick sleek move, Himchan escape from Nichkhun grip and hurl a fierce kick directly at his chest. Nichkhun flew 10 feet back away from him. Nichkhun grunt in slight pain as he presses his right hand at his chest. He glances to the left and sees his car coming before looking at Himchan again. Nichkhun shift into half-human, half-Lycan—tops tears apart and standing 7.5 feet tall. His body was twice bigger and firmer. The attacks him again—buying the girls more time and space to escape. The car passes them, the girls glance to the side and see Nichkhun struggling with Himchan.

“GO!” Nichkhun shouted as he tried to hold Himchan down. 

              Sohee presses her right feet harder onto the gas pedal, the white small arrow jumps up to 310 km/h. Once the car passed, Nichkhun sends a kick at Himchan then runs to the Lycans. He stops them from the chase with sharp claws slashing the enemies faces and body. He killed as many as he can with speed and strength. He grabs a Lycan's mouth and rips it apart. Himchan transforms into a full Lycan and attacks Nichkhun. He slashes Nichkhun across the body with his claws. Nichkhun grabs the right hand and slashes him across the face before he kicks him in the abdomen. A Lycan flank him from the left. Nichkhun hit the streetlight.

               Himchan stands and walks over to the Lycan. Both attack at the same time. Nichkhun quick reflect save him from a deadly punch at the chest. He slashes Yong-guk right lower feet and Himchan at the chest. They scream in pain. Nichkhun lift Yong-guk in the air than knee him in the back. Himchan attack with a couple slashes. One slash success wound him across the left arm. Nichkhun returns him with grab a piece of abdomen flesh. A few more Lycans jumping from building to building then down to the ground. They all attack at once, buying time for Himchan and Yong-guk to escape. Nichkhun charge with a punch that pierces through the chest and grabs the heart out of the Lycan body. He drops it to the ground then tear another Lycan apart. The last Lycan falls dead to the ground. Nichkhun inhales and exhales heavily with fierce raging eyes watching Himchan and Yong-guk successfully escape. He shifts back to his human form with tight grip fists. “Until next time…”

 

To be continued…………………..