Chapter 1: The nightfall

Beauty and the Beast

            “Kill!” Dangun shouted, fearsomely.

            The Dangun warriors in half-Lycan and half human form dash dauntlessly toward their enemy with sharp edge piercing through the chest—head—and at the heart. They pierce their spear at any open spot and kill their enemy. It was a bloody battle. One after another fall to the dusty hard ground. Dangun looks across the field and sees the king of the Jin Clan mounting on his horse through the raging war, but he senses a strange smell…a very familiar sense. Beside the king of Jin is a man with a wooden stick in his right hand than a sword. He waves back and forth, murmuring as he point toward his enemy. The man chants a spell the shredded Dangun’s men into pieces. The king of the Jin was very well please as he rides around the field of butchery, slashing and piercing his sword at the enemy. Dangun’s grip tightly onto the rope and ride fiercely across the field and leap into the air—he turns into a creature…a Lycan, and tackle the man with a wooden stick in his hand, down to the ground. The two engage in a deadly fight.

            “What—What is this creature?!” Said the king of Jin. He watches the Dangun king slashing across the man with the wooden stick across his chest followed by a quick punch across the face.

            Dangun growl as he walks up to the man. “What are you?” Said the man frightenedly as he crawls back away from Dangun. The man reached for the wooden stick as quickly as possible,

Dangun grabs him by the neck and lifts him off his feet.

“You’re a man with a gift that your wife grant you. You should have used it properly.” Said Dangun communicating with him through telepathy. “You choose to side with the Jin Clan, a mistake unforgiven.”

            “I will use it however I want, you monster!” The man shouted. “I only want what best for me. If you die, your clan will die with you. I will have everything in the world.”

            “You selfish human.”

Dangun tightens his grip. The man struggles to break free from Dangun grip. In a blink of an eye, the man heart ripens from him. The Jin was terrified by the scene and immediately escape. Dangun turns and watches the leader mount away hurriedly. He leaps again—running at a speed of lightening—and take the leader down from his horse. Dangun physically transforms back into his human form.

            “You should have stayed in your land.” Said Dangun as he walks to the leader of Jin. “You should have never attacked us. But your hungriness for power has turned you into a stubborn, selfish, and arrogant person. Innocent people died in your hands and now you must pay the price.” Dangun lifts his other free hand up and pierce through the King of Jin's chest—grab his heart, and rip it off his chest—killing the Jin king immediately.   

“NOOOOOOOO!” A woman screamed miserably as she presses her hand to her chest. Neighbors stop and look at the house filled terrifying screams.

* * * *

Present……….

[Narration]

 

A millennium year has passed, mankind wars have become a history. Heroes and civilian are well-known throughout for their accomplished and downfall, but one….the dark secrets hidden from the human. A secret only a few knew.  Now, there are no longer kingdoms or rulers. The country is divided into cities with growing business, advanced technology, and laws to contain the people from outlaw.

 

As the nightfall upon the bright light city of Seoul, the roads fill with vehicles crowding the big roads as the sky filled with mere clouds and bright stars. The sound of honks echoes the loudly in the city. The descendant of the Dangun Clan, Taecyeon, standing at the top surface of Lotte World Tower looking at the city. The night view of the city was pleasant in the fierce yet charisma eyes. The sound of the footstep grows closer to his ears.  

            “Taecyeon.” Nichkhun greeted him as he walks up to him and stops about ten feet away.

            Taecyeon looks up at the moon in the sky.  “Six months till the next blue moon,” Taecyeon said. “Min-jun will be here soon.”

            “I know,” Taecyeon said in a serious tone. He turns around, “We must go to plan.” He said as he walks to the exit.

            Nichkhun follows closely behind. Walking to the elevator, they take a ride down to the ground level and out of the tower to the car.

            “Mr. Im wishes to meet us tomorrow to talk about the business. I’ve scheduled us at noon.” Nichkhun report to him.

            Taecyeon did not say a word and only looking out the as the people walking, dancing, and eating out in the street. The car came to a stop at the red light, he sees a few people gathering at the shack just twenty feet away. In front of the shack are a couple, two young girls, and two women in their late-thirties. Taecyeon watches the two young and beautiful women chats and laughs happily as they stood in front of the food shack.

            “It’s been so long since I’ve had one of this.” Said a young girl with long sleek and soft hairs. She grabs a cup and eats rice cake rapidly.

            “Yoona, slow down. You’re going to kill yourself.”

            “Don’t worry. I chew and swallow very fast.” Yoona said. “Unnie, the fish cakes are really good.”            

            Yuri smiles and grabs a tissue, she handed it to Yoona, “You got something on your face.”

            Yoona takes the tissue and gently whip away the sauce on her cheek. “Kamsahamnida unnie.” She smiles. She put the cup down and look around, “Can we go to the street restaurant?”

            “You’re still hungry? You’re like a starving pig.” Yuri said, jokingly.

            “Yes. I’m very hungry.” Yoona pays the old lady of the shack before she grabs her sister hand and rush across the street.

            “Yah! The light is about to turn green!” Yuri shouted from behind.

            The light turn green, the driver pressed on the gas pedal but immediately stop. Yoona and Yuri stop as well. Taecyeon look to the front and sees the young girl he saw standing in front of the shack is now in front of his car.

Yoona and Yuri bow, “Mianhe.” They said and then step back to the sidewalk.

The driver pressed on the gas pedal again. Yoona and Yuri watch the car move again. Yoona takes a glance at the man sitting in the back with a cold face. Taecyeon turns his head to the side and caught a glimpse of her looking at him curiously. He immediately looks away. 

As he passed her, she feels a cold breeze blow against her. Yet, through the cold breeze has a touch of warmness rushing against her cheeks. The loneliness through his eyes when she looks at him, it frightened her. She can’t stop thinking about it. “Why is it bothering me so much” 

“Yoona-ah.” Yuri called as she shook Yoona a bit.

“What?”

“Are you okay?” Yuri asked.

            “I’m fine. I was just thinking how I hate rich people have no respect.” Said Yoona.

            “Why you say that?” Yuri asked.

            “Just be the look of the owner's car, I can tell he’s a cocky and prideful man of high society.” Yoona said with confidence and dislike at the same time.

            “You judge people too quickly.”

            “That’s enough for me to tell them how they are and what they are like. I dislike that kind of people.”

            Yuri smiles, “Don’t say that. You might like someone like that.” She said.

            “Don’t jinx me. I rather marry a stranger than people like him.” Yoona said, arrogantly. “Anyway, I’m still young. I don’t want to be tied down yet.”

            “You never know.” Yuri said.

            “Stop it unnie.” Yoona pout.

            “Okay, okay. The light has turned red, lets’ go to the street restaurant at the end of the street.

            Yoona nodded happily and cross the street with her sister to the restaurant she desired.

* * * *

            After strolling in the streets, the sisters have finally gone home. The maid opens the door for the young ladies. As they enter the house excited the maid greeted with a ninety-degree bow.

            “Annyounghaeseyo Miss Yoona and Miss Yuri.” The maid greeted them.

            “Hello Mrs. Jang, How have you been?” Yoona asked with a bright smile and a hug.

            “I’ve been well.” The maid answered happily.

            “How is your family? I heard you’ve become a grandma.”

            “Yes, I have. My grandson just turns a month old last night.”

            “Congratulation.” Yoona embraces her again. “I have a present for you.” She reaches for her luggage and pulls the zipper halfway down. Yoona reaches for a small box and zips her luggage back again. She turns and handed the box to Mrs. Jang. “This is for you.”

            “Anniyo, I can’t Miss Yoona.” Mrs. Jang shook her head as she pushes the gift away.

            “I mean it. This is for you. You’ve taken care of me since I was born, you are like my mom. I want to give it to you.” Yoona insisted as she reaches for Mrs. Jang hand and hands her the box.

            “Take it, Mrs. Jang, if you don’t you will be sad.” Said Yuri.

            Mrs. Jang sign and smile. “Kamsahamnida Miss Yoona.”

            “You’re welcome and please don’t call me Miss Yoona, just call me by my name.” Said Yoona.

            “Araso.”

            “What’s all this noise about?” Said a man in his late forties walking down the stairway.

            “Appa!” Yoona shouts as she hurriedly walks to him and gives him a hug. “I miss you appa.”

            “Mr. Im, I forgot to go call you that Miss—I mean Yoona is home.” Said Mrs. Jang.

            “It’s alright. Thank you, Mrs. Jang,” said Mr. Im as he looks at Yoona, who still has her arms around him. He patted the back of her head lightly. “You’re finally back. I miss you.”

            “I miss you appa.” Said Yoona as she embraced him tightly.

            “Are you back for good?” Mr. Im asked.

            Yoona rests her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. She nods lightly. Mr. Im smiles as he the back of her head lightly.  

* * * * *

The Next Day…………

            Walking into the building, a secretary immediately greeted Taecyeon and Nichkhun with a bow.    “Annyounghaeseyo Mr. Ok and Mr. Horvejkul.” Said the secretary “I will be taking you to the conference room where Mr. Im await.”

            The secretary escorts them down the hall to the dark metallic grey double door. A man in his mid-forty stand from his seat, walk to Taecyeon and Nichkhun and greeted them with a handshake.

            “Annyounghaeseyo Mr. Ok and Mr. Horvejkul. Thank you for coming today.” Said Mr. Im

            Taecyeon looks passed Mr. Im and sees a tall man with a face of deadpan. The man stared at Taecyeon with hatred eyes.

            Mr. Im turns around, “Hyun Joong, come greet these men.” He said.

            Hyun-Joong walks up to Mr. Im and greet Nichkhun first, then place his hand in front of Taecyeon. Taecyeon looks down at his hand before he reaches out and firmly shake Seunggi’s hand. Both tighten their grip as they glare in each other eyes. A glance at Hyun Joong, he senses the Jin Clan within the room.  

            “Annyoung Mr. Ok. It’s an honor to meet you.” Hyun Joong said.         

            Taecyeon lightly bowed his head and both let go.

            “Have a seat.” Mr. Im said as he led them to the end of the table by the long whiteboard. The secretary places the files in front of Taecyeon, Nichkhun, Mr. Im, and Hyun Joong. As Mr. Im talks about business, Taecyeon and Nichkhun go through the files and carefully read the information.

            “As you know, the company stock is doing quite well and business has flow smoothly. But if we are to work together, both company result will rise significantly.”

            “This may sound easy, but what will you do to get that result?” Taecyeon asked. “Stock can drop anytime and business can corrupt. If we were to work together, how will you prevent this from happening?”

            “You don’t have to worry about it, we have eyes and brains that will prevent failure.” Hyun Joong said in cockily. “What you should worry is your company.”

            Taecyeon calmly yet coldly look at Hyun Joong. “It seems like you already have some kind of plan inside your head. Does this have to do something with another corporation or a partnership?” He questioned him suspiciously.

            “This is private.” Said Hyun Joong, aggravated.

Nichkhun looks at him with a soft and calm facial expression, “You are a very talented man, but word of advice. Don’t fall into the wrong hands, choose wisely or else there will be the consequence.” He said.

            Hyun Joong smirked. “I know what I’m doing. Thank you for your advice.”

            Mr. Im glare at Hyun Joong before nervous smile at Taecyeon, “Mianhe Mr. Ok, this nephew of mine is not well educated. Please disregard what he said.”

            Hyun Joong’s phone vibrates in his pant pocket. He reaches for it and read the message on the screen. Taecyeon’s ears lightly twitch when Hyun Joong reply the text.

            Taecyeon closes the file and stand.

            “Mr.—Mr. Ok?” Mr. Im stuttered nervously.

            “You can send the new contract over to my place within five days. I will have a look and give you an answer once I receive the new one.” Said Taecyeon. He turns his head and faces the door. “If you fail to impress me, then there no need to contact me.”

            “Yes, Mr. Ok.” Mr. Im said with gratefulness.

            Nichkhun stands and follow Taecyeon to the door.

            “Aishi, why can’t you keep your mouth shut for once?” Mr. Im scolds Hyun Joong.

            “Why must we work with them? We can stand on our own?”

            “Our stock may be going up but our business is failing slowly.”

            “Mwo?” Hyun Joong confusedly looks at Mr. Im.

            “We need their help.” Mr. Im said. “If he signs the contract, do you know how much he will invest in our business? Our plan? Millions of dollar!” He angrily throws the file on the table.

            “Samchon?”

            “You—all you need to do is help me come up with a contract that will get his signature or else we can kiss our spot goodbye.” Said Mr. Im before he leaves the meeting room.

            Hyun Joong gritted his teeth together as right-hand roll into a fist.

 

To be continued……………………..