Good Things Come to an End... forever.

Your Guardian Angel

After 5 months of happiness...
"Hyuk-ah!" Donghae called from his bedroom. "What is it?" Eunhyuk walked into the small room and flopped down on the bed. Donghae looked up. His bangs covered his puppy dog eyes. Eunhyuk knew what that meant. "What do you want?" He sighed, trying to show frustration, but miserably failing. "Go to Lotte World with me!" Donghae sat up on the bed, cross-legged. "Lotte World? The amusement park?" Eunhyuk absent-mindedly brushed Donghae's bangs out of his eyes. "Yes!" Donghae's eyes lit up like a little child's on Christmas.

Eunhyuk pretended to think about it. "Hm......" Inside his heart, he had already said 'yes' a thousand times. "Alright, alright. We'll go to Lotte World today." Donghae smiled and pulled out a backpack from under the bed. "Get dressed. I already packed!" He said brightly. "How would you know that I would say yes?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. "Because you love meeeee!" Donghae grinned.

Those words rang in Eunhyuk's ears. Because you love me..... because you love me. Eunhyuk smiled back at Donghae. "I guess I do. Give me a second, I'll get my hoodie." Hyuk slid off the bed and walked out of Donghae's room, the words still resonating in his ears. He smiled to himself one last time, and walked off towards his own room.

- later, outside the dorms, heading towards Lotte World -

"It's a nice day." Donghae hung onto Eunhyuk's arm. Eunhyuk shook Donghae's arm off, and instead put his arm around Donghae and brought him closer. "It's because you're with me, isn't it?" Eunhyuk teased Donghae. "It might be!" Donghae scrunched up his face. They were walking towards their manager's van which was parked 6 blocks away. Donghae and Eunhyuk stopped at the curb in front of a busy intersection.

The light turned green. Eunhyuk still hadn't noticed. Donghae pulled Eunhyuk forward. "Let's go, it's green light!" He said brightly. Walking backwards, he faced Eunhyuk pulling him across the street.

And in that split second, they were torn apart.
In that split second, Donghae lay on the ground, motionless.
In that split second, what had been love, now shattered like a broken mirror.

Eunhyuk dropped the ground. He shook Donghae's shoulders. "Donghae-ah! DONGHAE! ANSWER ME! YOU CAN HEAR ME RIGHT? STOP PLAYING AROUND! DONGHAE!"

Donghae's answer was the silence and cars whizzing by the intersection. The next second, sirens. The next, people talking.

It had been a hit and run case. The driver had seen who they had hit and immediately drove away. It had also happened in 3 seconds.
It took Donghae and Eunhyuk 3 years to build their trust, their friendship, their love.
And in just 3 seconds, it was taken away from them.

- hospital -

Eunhyuk kicked the chair away from him. Tears ran down his face, unstoppable. His vision was blurred, his eyes were puffy, but he didn't care. He didn't care what he looked like. He didn't care for anything else at the moment. He wanted- no, he needed Donghae back.

Crying in angst, he slid down the beige walls of the hospital, inhaling the scent of his surroundings. It made him feel worse, reminding him of what had happened, where he was, and his future without the one he loved the most. He punched the tiled floors, again and again, until his knuckles were red and swollen. There was no one to stop him.

No more Donghae, who would have held his hand, and listened to his rants. No more Donghae, who would have fed him food at this time to make him feel better. No more... no more... no longer.