Day 4 of 13

Your Guardian Angel

Eunhyuk crashed on the bed after coming home from dance practice. He hadn't felt or heard from Donghae all day. He was worried. There's no way Donghae would skip a day... would he? "Donghae...?" Eunhyuk called out. His question was met with the sound of the wind blowing outside.

Eunhyuk walked over to the window and closed it. He turned around, only to face the calendar Donghae had given him as a gift. The date read: October 13th. "Ah, forgot to change the date." Eunhyuk walked towards the calendar. "Hmm, October 13th was 2 days ago... Today is..."

Eunhyuk ripped the 2 dates to reveal the paper for October the 15th. That certain paper looked different than the others. Around the number 15 were tiny little pink hearts and a little message at the bottom. "Hyukkk ~ <3 You remember what today is, right? ^-^ 기다릴게요~~~."

Eunhyuk sat down on the couch. There was no mistaking that today was October 15th. "Donghae's birthday......"

Awwww, you remembered. 

Eunhyuk heard Donghae's voice again. "I'm sorry I remembered so late." Eunhyuk leaned back against the couch. "I didn't even get something for you!" He felt disappointed.

I was watching the whole day... you were busy. It's okay. I understand.

"The whole day? How? I didn't hear you." Eunhyuk asked, confused.

I'll always be looking over you. Oops, does that sound too much like a stalker?

"Haha, no. Thank you." Eunhyuk smiled. "Hm... Ah! I know." Eunhyuk got up and walked to the kitchen. He took out the little heart shaped cake pans, meant for muffins or cupcakes. Eunhyuk started to mix up batter and poured it into the molds. He shoved the 2 mini-pans into the oven.

Hyuk, what are you doing?

"Even if you're not here with me, it's still your birthday. I vowed to always celebrate your birthday, in any way - big or small." Eunhyuk sat down on the kitchen counter, munching on a cookie.

You remember that? Thank you....

Eunhyuk finished his cookie in silence. Time slowly passed, Donghae moved towards the counter and stayed besides Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk could feel Donghae giving him a hug. He made no move to brush him off, instead- he stayed still. It felt good to be in the arms of someone he loved. The oven timer went off. Eunhyuk hopped off the counter and brought out the 2 heart shaped cakes.

Why did you bake 2?

Eunhyuk smiled. "This one is my heart." Eunhyuk pulled the slightly burned cake towards him. "This one is your heart." Eunhyuk pushed the perfectly baked cake towards Donghae. "But I'm willing to give my heart," Eunhyuk pushed the burnt cake towards Donghae "-to you. Even though it's not perfect, you're willing to accept it with your pure and innocent heart. Thank you for always being here and being by my side. Thank you for sticking by me even when I act selfish or irresponsible sometimes. Thank you, and happy birthday, Donghae."

Donghae remained silent. Eunhyuk stayed silent.

Donghae moved towards Eunhyuk and held him in the tightest embrace. Eunhyuk closed his eyes, and sighed. Everything felt right like this.

Hyuk... let's stay like this.

And they did until the sun began to rise early the next morning.