Day 12 of 13

Your Guardian Angel

Eunhyuk woke up the next day, with popcorn crumbs lying next to his pillow and the laptop still playing 고사. He groaned and rolled over only to be met with the sight of the empty and sticky plastic cup which held soda. Still half awake, he lay in Donghae's bed and stared at the ceiling. It only felt like yesterday when Donghae had been holding his hands and singing to him when he woke up - but it was already the 12th day.

Eunhyuk sat up in bed and stretched. His joints ached from yesterday's non-stop dance session.

A light melodic voice filled the room. You alright there, Hyuk? "Alright." Eunhyuk wished he could actually hug Hae.

I think the members left.. with uhm... uh... Kyu... to the funeral place.. you know.. for tomorrow...

Donghae was extremely careful to choose his words. Eunhyuk looked up with a serious face. "I should probably go, shouldn't I?" Eunhyuk was already looking frantically for his blazer and jeans.

Are you sure that you'll be okay if you go?

Hae's voice was edged with worry for Hyuk. "Yep. Fine." Eunhyuk rummaged breathlessly through the closet he used to share with Donghae.

Okay then...

As the warm rays of the afternoon greeted Eunhyuk, he got into the large black van with one of their managers and set off towards the funeral home. The car remained silent, except for the noises of the city outside.

Do you miss him a lot, Hyuk?

Eunhyuk was startled by the sudden question. "Of course. Kyu didn't deserve to go like that..." Eunhyuk's words trailed off.

Such an angel like Kyu... why do you think he did it?

Eunhyuk didn't have to "think" why he did it. By now, he was pretty sure. "Hae..... I know -" His words were cut short by the manager's. "We're here. Eunhyuk, get off and turn the corner. The members are waiting for you." 

It's okay. Go. I'll be there to listen later.

Eunhyuk's shoes hit the gritty gravel of the parking lot and walked around the building to find s standing near the entrance of the funeral place. "Hyuk. You came?" Leeteuk's familiar voice broke the trance of the other members as they greeted Eunhyuk. "Let's go in." The leader led everyone into the polished hallways. They stopped at a door which was surrounded with wreaths and bouquets of flowers with ribbons of supporting messages.

Eunhyuk felt his throat tighten and the palm of his hands sweat. The doors opened, and in the very front of the room lay Kyu's body. Eunhyuk stopped trying to hold his tears back and they escaped quickly. He didn't want to cry, he wanted to stay strong for the sake of s.

"Hyuk... we're all going to go sign some papers and make sure everything's ready for tomorrow.... are you going to stay here?" Yesung tapped Eunhyuk's shoulders.

Eunhyuk merely nodded. The members turned around and headed towards the offices to fill out some paperwork with their managers.

Eunhyuk sat down on the wooden floor and gazed up at Kyu.

Hyuk.....

"He didn't have to go like this. Listen Hae... he loved you. I don't know how much - but to a point where he had to do this." Eunhyuk's voice cracked several times through his tears. "Kyu's left... and soon you have to leave too. Why am I always alone? WHY?!"

Eunhyuk felt a warm embrace from the back.

You don't have to lose the both of us.

"What.... what do you mean Hae?! I've lost Kyu, and I'm about to lose you..... I can't.." Eunhyuk tried to choke back his tears.

No, Hyuk. You don't have to lose both of us. I'll sacrifice my last day for Kyu. If I completely disappear now, never to be able to talk to you again..... or comfort you again..... Kyu can live. Please don't forget, Hyuk - the only reason that I existed for these past few days was because you kept me in your heart, and you'll forever live in mine. Whether it's beating or not. I love you, Hyuk.

Those were the last words Eunhyuk ever heard from Hae - and Eunhyuk never got to spend his last, final, 13th day with Donghae.

AUTHOR'S LAST NOTES
Thank you guys for reading this story all the way through ^ㅠ^ I've been extremely inconsistent with the updates, and I'm so sorry sorry sorry sorry ~ :D

If you can't tell - Kyu got to live because Donghae sacrificed his last and final day with the one he loved so much - Eunhyuk. I didn't want to bombard the ending with details of this and that , I felt a complicated story would be much better with a simple ending that left a big impact.

The way Donghae gave up his 13th day with Eunhyuk displays the connections Super Junior members have together. Although I am not a HUGE E.L.F., I feel that the friendship and love between the members are extremely strong. I have a huge amount of respect for every member of Super Junior , 13 + 2 .

Thanks for reading ~ ^ㅠ^ Please leave your comments and thoughts below, they will be extremely appreciated!

끝 -