Day 7 of 13

Your Guardian Angel

The next day, Kyuhyun was no where to be seen. "Hyung, where's Kyu?" Eunhyuk asked their manager. "Give a second please," the manager said into his phone. Then he turned towards Hyuk. "He said he needed a break, so he's taking a vacation to the countryside with his family. Why? Is something wrong? What do you need him for?" The manager looked at Eunhyuk with a glimpse of worry.

"What? No. Nothing is wrong. I just haven't seen him all day. He missed the 3pm practice today." Eunhyuk looked at his watch. "It's already 4:30pm.... Will he be back by today? We have a performance tomorrow." The manager shook his head. "He's gone for maybe a week or so. The president and I have already been informed. We're worried he might get sick, he didn't look so good this morning when he left. The president already gave him permission."

Eunhyuk thanked the manager, turned around to go back into the dorms. Was something wrong with Kyu?

You think he might be sick, Hyuk? 

"No, I think that something's bothering him. I didn't even hear him playing games this week at all. And you know that's not like Kyu. He just won't speak up about his problems though." Eunhyuk sighed.

When he comes back, make him happy. I don't want to see Kyuhyun or any member for that matter like this. Especially you.

Eunhyuk sighed- this time, it was of happiness. "It's exactly times like these where I miss you. A lot." The tears welled up in his eyes.

울지마 , 혁 ... [울지마, 혁. Don't cry, Hyuk]

Eunhyuk looked up through his tears. One escaped and fell down his cheek. He felt Donghae's 'hand' wipe it away.

When you're sad, I'm sad Hyuk.

"Please don't be sad. You're the kind of person that doesn't deserve to be sad, Donghae." Eunhyuk leaned against the elevator wall as it went up.

Everyone has their emotions, even the ones that aren't really alive, like I am now.

Eunhyuk didn't say another word. He turned towards the wall to shield his tears from view.

Hyuk.... I can see you. Please don't cry. Not anymore. Only cry for happiness.

Those words caused Eunhyuk to break down. He'd been trying to stay strong. With Donghae's soothing voice and non existent actions guiding him, he had been trying. But he had been feeling more and more alone. He wanted the Donghae he could hold in real life.

******[i'm not putting the korean words Donghae says in [ i ] anymore just because it's hard to read.] ******

"곰세마리가 한 집에 있어
아빠 곰, 엄마 곰, 애기 곰 .... "

Eunhyuk laughed. "Why are you singing a nursery song to me?" He could feel Donghae smiling.

Because when you cry, you look like a child who just wants to be comforted.

Before Eunhyuk could reply, the elevator doors opened, and Leeteuk was standing there. "Huh? Oh, Eunhyuk. Where did you go after practice?" "I went to speak with the manager about Kyuhyun." Eunhyuk fiddled with the loose threads on his scarf. "Ah, right. I heard he went to the countryside with his family." Leeteuk stepped into the elevator while Eunhyuk stepped out. "I'll see you later. I'm going to meet Shindong at the supermarket." The elevator doors closed.

Eunhyuk punched in the lock code on their dorm and stepped inside. The living room smelled of lemon, as if it had been cleaned. Judging by the looks of it, Ryeowook probably cleaned. Or Leeteuk? No. That wasn't likely. "Ryeowook? Are you home?" Eunhyuk called out.

Just as Eunhyuk had suspected it, Ryeowook stepped out of the kitchen with long yellow rubber gloves. "Yeah?" "Do you need help?" Eunhyuk asked. "No, it's okay. Do you want to something to eat?" Ryeowook nodded his head towards the kitchen.

"No, thanks... where is everyone? It's too quiet." Eunhyuk noticed that their voices were the only two present. Well, that and the steady 'breathing' of Donghae. "I don't know. Teuk hyung just left." Ryeowook disappeared back into the kitchen.

"Hm... whatever. Let's go watch a movie in the room." Eunhyuk turned towards Donghae's room.

OOOOH, what kind movie? ^^

"." Eunhyuk laughed and shut the door behind him.

__________________________________________________________________________
The quiet rumble of the car soothed Kyuhyun. He closed his eyes and turned up the volume on his mp3.
A song started to play.

"너는 나의 사랑, 너는 나의 행복, 소중한 사람...."

Clearly in his mind, he remembered Donghae walking around the house, singing this a week before he passed away. Why did everything he did now remind him of Donghae?

He looked outside the window. The sun rested on top of the grassy hills of the countryside. The sun reminded him of Donghae's smile; bright and childish, but serious. Kyuhyun looked out onto the farms where the dogs continuously barked. Their eyes reminded him of Donghae's puppy dog eyes. The sweet melody from his song reminded him of Donghae's voice, soothing and comforting.

"Can we turn around? Head back to Seoul."