Day 8 of 13 [Part 2]

Your Guardian Angel

That same day, Donghae woke Eunhyuk up.

Hyuk, hyuk. Wake up. "Hmmpf?" Eunhyuk rolled over on his bed. Wake up! Eunhyuk sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Ugh, what time is it?" A little past 10. "What's the rush?" Eunhyuk lay back down. No,no! Get up! Eunhyuk opened one eye. "What is it?"

Didn't Kyuhyun come back home yesterday? He canceled that trip. That's what you said, right?

Eunhyuk nodded. He's not here. Leeteuk came into this room to look for him, and then left. That was around 4 hours ago. 4 hours? Eunhyuk remembered getting up at around 5am, and Kyuhyun in the house. He stayed for one hour and then left? What? Hyuk kicked back the covers and burst through the door.

Leeteuk was sitting on the living room floor with his cellphone in hand. "Ah, Hyuk! Have you seen Kyuhyun? He told manager to cancel the trip, but we can't find him anywhere!" "But.. he was here at 5am." Eunhyuk was confused. "You saw him?! In the dorm?! 5am?!" Leeteuk jumped up from the floor. "He turned off his phone, he's not answering messages. Manager hyung went out to look for him already!"

Eunhyuk was worried. Hyuk-ah.... where is he? Eunhyuk could imagine Donghae's worried childlike tone voice. "Don't worry, Donghae." And with that, he pulled on his jacket and slammed the door behind him.
_________________________________________________________________________________

"One SHOT!" Kyuhyun slammed the small glass cup against the cold table. "Life. Is NOT fair. NOPE. Not fair." He ranted on and on. He was drunk. Kyuhyun had been at the bar drinking bottles upon bottles of soju. Kyu recognized Donghae's presence yet again when Eunhyuk was trying to talk to him. "He-- that je*hiccup*rk.... he shouldn't treat me *hiccup* so well *hiccup*. AISHHHH." Kyu drank another glass. "Aigoo....no love.....*hiccup* no more. Ahah, no. Why did he have *hiccup* to *hiccup* leave? I didn't even get to *hiccup* tell him. Nope. *hiccup* Not once."

"Hyung-nim. Isn't that that singer from Super something or whatever?" A rugged man said to another dressed in a cheap suit. "Psh. Pretty boys these days think that the bar is their territory now too?" The man in the suit stood up. He walked over to Kyuhyun. The other 2 men followed suit. "Yah- kid. Get the hell up."

Kyuhyun looked up to see 3 blurred figures standing in front of him. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Kyu stood up and pushed his stool back. "Hyung, this kid's got nerve." One of the men remarked, snickering. "You're nice and famous. You got money, kid?" The man in the suit took a step forward. Kyuhyun didn't budge. "No. Earn your own."

"Haha, look at this kid's arrogance. He's so lucky he has this pretty face to earn him some money." The man in the suit punched Kyuhyun in the jaw. "What's going to happen to that money if you no longer have a pretty face? Hmm?" Kyuhyun leaned against the bar. Damn, that hurt. Kyuhyun brought his fist back and hit the guy in the suit square in the nose.

The man stumbled backwards. "What the does this kid think he's doing? Get him!" The two men standing besides the one with the cheap suit grabbed Kyuhyun and dragged him out the back door. "Let me go!" Kyuhyun struggled. "Sure." One of the men let go and sent Kyuhyun crashing against the brick walls. At that moment, Kyu felt a stinging pain run up his shoulders. All 3 of the men surrounded Kyuhyun, casting a shadow across Kyuhyun's bruised face.

"Get the away from him." A voice said from behind them. Kyuhyun was too dazed to see who it was. All he could hear was the guys getting beaten by one person. "Screw this." Kyuhyun heard one of them say, then he heard footsteps scrambling away. "Who....?" That was all Kyuhyun could say before he out.