Day 8 of 13 [Part 1]

Your Guardian Angel

Hyuk, are you awake?

Eunhyuk woke up, startled. He lifted his head and squinted at the laptop's bright display. 5:25AM. "Huh? What?" The imprint of the laptop keys were embedded into Eunhyuk's right cheek.

Haha, nothing. You should turn off the laptop if you're going to sleep.

"Ahah, right." Eunhyuk got up and stretched. "Ahhhh, so tired." Close the laptop and get some sleep. Outside the room, Eunhyuk heard the door slam. "Huh? Is Leeteuk hyung awake?" Eunhyuk got down from the bed and headed for the door. He walked into the living room and the light. Hyuk squinted his eyes to adjust.

"Oh. I'm sorry to wake you, hyung." Kyuhyun nodded at Eunhyuk, and pulled a heavy bag behind him. "Ya- Kyu, weren't you going to stay in the countryside for a little while?" Eunhyuk eyed Kyuhyun's luggage. "There's been a change of plans." Kyuhyun ce again to go back inside his room. "Wait." Eunhyuk stopped him. "Sit." He directed Kyuhyun towards the direction of the couch.

Awkward silence. "What's wrong?" Eunhyuk studied Kyuhyun's face. His skin was pale, his eyes looked dark and tired, his hair was a mess, and he looked as though he had been crying for a long time. "Did something happen?" Eunhyuk asked. "No, hyung." Kyuhyun's answers were short, as if someone were copying and pasting short fragments of phrases. "Something is bothering you." Eunhyuk said out loud, determined to keep his promise to Donghae and make Kyu happy again.

"I'm sorry if I appear that way. But everything is okay." Kyuhyun avoided Eunhyuk's eyes and gazed at the wall.

Eunhyuk? "Wait a second..." Eunhyuk said to Donghae.

Kyuhyun looked up abruptly. Eunhyuk looked back. "Well.. then. Good night.. or..er... morning, Hyuk hyung." Kyuhyun picked up his bag and closed the door to his room.

Something isn't right....Hyuk-ah....

"I don't know." Eunhyuk pulled his hood over his head and walked back into the room.