Day 9 of 13 [Part 2]

Your Guardian Angel

For the next hour, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk sat there in that exact position, with Kyuhyun's words resonating constantly in Eunhyuk's ears. Finally, he spoke.

"I don't think you understand.....," Eunhyuk began. "Donghae isn't with us anymore." Eunhyuk was afraid that Kyuhyun was traumatized by Donghae's death.

"You're lying to me. I hear him. I hear you speak to him." Kyuhyun's eyes lit up with hints of fury and anger. "Why are you keeping this from me?"

Eunhyuk didn't bother to deny it. "I'm sorry. Donghae asked that I shouldn't mention this. It would only bring them pain."

Kyuhyun flung the glass of water against the wall. It shattered and joined the shards of pitcher glass on the floor. "What the hell would you know about pain? Donghae gave his all to you. You will never love him like he loved you. EVER."

"Kyu................" Eunhyuk rose from the bed. "I'm sorry." Hurriedly, he walked out of the room and quietly shut the door behind him.

 

Hyuk? Is he okay?

"No... he's not okay. We have to talk, Hae." Eunhyuk walked back to Donghae's former room and sank back down into the bed.

What's wrong? Is he seriously injured?

"No... the swelling has gone down... it's not that, Hae. It's ... i-it's just that... he knows." Eunhyuk felt like he was choking on those words. It seemed impossible.

Knows? "Yeah, Hae. He knows about you. Right now." Eunhyuk ran his hand through his dishevelled hair.

Hyuk... do you know how we talk like this without anyone else knowing?

Eunhyuk shook his head. Even if he knew, it hurt to think right now.

I talk to you through what is left of me - my soul. Basically, my everything. I listen to your heart. This is how you talk to me, because you have me in your heart.

Eunhyuk nodded. It made sense. He still didn't understand how Kyu would know.... he had to find out, but later. For now, Eunhyuk leaned against the cold walls of the room and let sleep take over again.

Just rest for now.

__________________________________________________________

Kyuhyun remained in his bed, shaking from what he had just said. It wasn't enough for Eunhyuk to just tell Donghae. It wasn't enough. He wanted to be with Donghae. Kyu got up from his bed and walked over to the drawers near his computer table. He opened the top drawer and pulled out a box with a small drawer. Setting this box on the top of his table, he slid the drawer open and pulled out a keychain.

-flashback to 4 years ago-

"Kyuhyun! Isn't this carnival fun?!" Donghae walked around the rides and game booths, looking fascinated like a little child. Kyuhyun smiled. "We haven't won anything yet though!"

Donghae pouted. "We don't have to! But... that game!" He pointed towards a game which required you to pop balloons from a distance with small arrows. "I can do it! Watch me!" Donghae flashed a grin at Kyuhyun and held the three sharp arrows in his hand. Out of those three, he only popped one.

"Good enough!" The game booth manager came over and handed Donghae a small prize. Donghae swung it around his finger, proud of what he had just accomplished. He dangled the silver charm in front of Kyuhyun's face. "Look! It's a fish! Like me!" Donghae laughed. He reached out to take Kyuhyun's palm, and dropped the keychain charm in it. "Keep it! Think of hyung and what he's done for you whenever you see it!"

-end flashback-

Kyuhyun the engraved scales on the silver charm. The rhinestone for the eye which glistened in the light. He thought of everything that Donghae had done for him. Kyu couldn't stand it any longer. He couldn't wait any longer.