Day 11 of 13

Your Guardian Angel

Eunhyuk walked quietly over to Kyuhyun's bed, where he lay peacefully. With his trembling hand, he reached over and carefully brushed a piece of hair out of Kyuhyun's face. He lay there perfectly still, face as perfect as a porcelain doll. "Kyu, I'm sorry. This was all my fault. I should've known about you and Hae... Kyu.... forgive me." All of a sudden, Kyu's eyes opened. He sat up, as stiff as a cardboard box. "I'll never forgive you.... never... never...  you were the one who made me like this.... never...."

The voice echoed in Eunhyuk's head. Never... never... never.

Eunhyuk sat up, his t-shirt soaked with sweat, his forehead filled with tiny beads of sweat. He held his hand to his heart and felt it beating at a fast rate. He looked around him. He was still in his room, the room glinting with the first rays of sunlight. Eunhyuk was breathing heavily. It had been a dream.. a dream, or a nightmare?

Hyuk, are you okay?

Eunhyuk heard Donghae's light, musical voice fill the room. Eunhyuk's throat felt way too dry to answer, so he just nodded. He felt Donghae's hand his hair, the way his mother used to when he felt troubled. The tears welled up in Eunhyuk's eyes again.

"Hae... if you were still here, everything would be perfect. But you're not.... Everything's falling apart, I feel like Super Junior's falling apart to pieces... We lost you..... and now we lost Kyu." Eunhyuk buried his face in a pillow, ignoring the fact that his eyes were swollen from the days of crying.

Nothing's ever going to be perfect. Even if Super Junior falls apart - the songs, the words, and the memories that are left behind are always going to keep us going. Always.

Eunhyuk's flow of tears remained heavy.

It's okay, Hyuk. Just cry all the troubles away today..... just for today....

Something was wrong with Donghae's tone of voice, but Eunhyuk felt too drained to question him about it. Getting dressed, he skipped breakfast and grabbed his duffel bag. Locking the dorm door behind him, he walked out towards the intersection which separated the office buildings/practice rooms and the dorms.

When the light turned green, Eunhyuk stepped out onto the intersection, swinging the duffel bag across his shoulders. As he neared the curb on the other side, a screech stopped him in the middle of his tracks. A car had lost control while making a turn and was going straight for Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk didn't attempt to move or dodge it. All he had on his mind was the image of Donghae being in the same position the day he had died.

HYUK!

Eunhyuk felt a tight grip across his waist and barely managed to roll onto the sidewalk in time for the car to screech to a halt.

Hyuk, please.

Eunhyuk could hardly catch his breath. He scrambled to his feet. It was too much for him to take. Clumsily, he walked into one of the practice rooms in the building.

Hyuk.... you should go home and rest. Don't push yourself.

"If I go home and rest, I'll let my mind think about all these things that have been happening. Just let me dance. And please, stay here with me." Eunhyuk threw his duffel bag into a corner. For the next 3 1/2 hours, all he did was dance. Non-stop. Not even for a drink of water.

Finally collapsing, Eunhyuk slid against the glass mirrors, leaving a streak of sweat on the mirrors. His throat was burning and it felt extremely dry.

Drink. Don't overwork yourself.

Eunhyuk reached into his duffel bag and pulled out the bottle of water. His hands shook as he raised it to his lips. Eunhyuk nearly drained the whole bottle and threw down the plastic bottle with frustration. He felt Donghae lean against his shoulder.

Cautiously, Eunhyuk reached out a hand and tried to Donghae's hair. Nothing but air. He closed his hands into a fist and punched the floor.

Donghae caught his hand before it actually made contact.

Don't hurt yourself. Ever.

Eunhyuk's grip loosened and he slouched against the cold glass mirrors. He wanted to run away, so badly. Get away from all these troubles from all these problems. No matter how big these ambitions were, Hyuk couldn't bring himself to do it.

He couldn't abandon what he had been true to since he passed his auditions. He couldn't leave what had been his second family the day Super Junior debuted. And worst of all, he couldn't leave behind the places which held so many memories with Hae.

Forcing himself to sound happy and chipper, Eunhyuk raised his head. "Let's go watch some scary movies for the whole night, just like we used to." Eunhyuk wanted to relive every one of his favorite things to do with Donghae up until the very last second.

Let's go then !

They spent the rest of the evening that way, teasing each other about getting scared, living the way they've always wanted to live - with each other.


___________________
** This chapter and chapter 19 are going to be a bit.... dry and short. Chapter 20, the final chapter to 'Your Guardian Angel' is where everything happens, so BEAR WITH MEEEE ! **