Day 10 of 13 [Part 1]

Your Guardian Angel

Kyuhyun's body struck the hard gravel below. No injuries, no blood - but his heart had stopped. In the past few days, Kyu's heart had already started eating away at him. The smallest pains, the most painful memories. Nothing hurt more than Kyu's heart.

And now, that heart stopped beating. It was relieved of all the pain he had buried inside him for so long. The lifeless body of an angel lay there on the cold ground until the warm sun greeted the tips of buildings once again.
_________________________________

Eunhyuk stretched his arms over his head and glanced at the clock. So much had happened yesterday that he pushed everything out of his mind.

Hyuk.

Eunhyuk ran a hand through his messy hair and greeted Donghae. "Morning."

Hyuk.

He noticed that Donghae's voice had a tone of urgency and worry. "What is it? What happened?" Eunhyuk sat up alert in the tangle of pillows and blankets.

Kyuhyun didn't come back last night.

Eunhyuk's eyebrows creased. He didn't come home last night? He hadn't heard him leave. All the members had returned to the dorms pretty late from variety shows here and there. "Are you sure?" Eunhyuk had already gotten up on his feet and walked over to Kyuhyun's room. The room was cleaned, spotless. The glass from yesterday's confrontation had been cleaned up and left in the garbage pail outside in the kitchen. Eunhyuk was about to close the door when he noticed a sapphire blue envelope propped up against the computer, addressed to the "hyungs".

Cautiously, Eunhyuk went over and picked the envelope up. Was it a document stating his withdrawal from Super Junior? Was it specifically meant for the others to tell them about Donghae's presence? The options were endless. However, there was one thing that Eunhyuk couldn't think of.

Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Kibum, Hankyung, Siwon, Yesung -
Please forgive me. What I am about to do will simply increase the amount of pain that you guys already hold for Donghae. I thought about it for a long time. The amount of pain in my heart does not allow me to function on a daily basis. I don't want to bring Super Junior down with me because I simply have problems... There is no where in this world in which I belong or wish to be. Simply think of it as a little vacation for me. I have gone to a place where depression does not exist, a place that is close to heaven and each one of your hearts.
Kyu ~ your forever loving maknae.

 

Eunhyuk dropped the letter as if it were on fire and burning. He ran to the other member's rooms, only finding out that they had gone to early morning practice. He picked up his cellphone and tried to dial the member's numbers. His shaking hands wouldn't allow him to do so.

Hyuk, is he gone?

Donghae seemed to pick up a sense of trouble and felt Eunhyuk's heart racing. Eunhyuk clutched the letter to his heart. "Where is he? Where is he now?!" For the 2nd time, he felt as if his heart had exploded all the sad emotions of people in the world. "Why does everyone have to leave?!" Feeling angry and miserable, Eunhyuk tried to get on his feet.

Maybe it's not too late. Go look for Kyu.

Eunhyuk dried his tears on the emerald green sweatshirt that once belonged to Donghae. He fumbled with the door in front of the dorm and walked outside. He ran outside, facing the front of the dorm. No Kyu. Then suddenly, he remembered. He remembered the day he had tried to do what Kyuhyun had done. Running up the 20 flights of stairs, impatient for the elevator, Eunhyuk reached the rooftop. The early morning sun was a beautiful orange and created a mix of pink, purple, and orange in the sky. No Kyuhyun in sight. Eunhyuk ran over to the low railing on one side of the building, facing the gardens that were behind the building.

Cautiously, Eunhyuk looked over the edge. He was there. Kyuhyun's body lay below, right near the wooden bench.

"KYUHYUN!!!!!!!!!!" Eunhyuk ran to the stairs and flew down the 20 flights to the backdoor that led to the garden. He ran over to the angel's lifeless body and shook him. He wasn't breathing, he wasn't moving.