:26: "We'll see."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We should probably get out of the car right now.” Jisoo stated.

 

“I have a feeling that people are outside, though.” Hoseok replied, staring out the window nervously.

 

Jisoo and Hoseok were currently in their secret mode of transportation (Hoseok’s sister’s car) at the doctor’s office. Part of Sunmi’s plan was calling a specific doctor at a certain hospital and ask him to meet them at his office. Apparently he’s talked to a lot of idols and helped them out over the years. So this is already looking pretty good!... Despite the fact that Jisoo is most likely with child, but yeah besides that woohoo!

 

“Hoseok, it’s fine,” Jisoo grabbed his hand, “Let’s just go, okay?”

 

After a few moments of convincing Hoseok to get out of the car, he finally complied and the two walked inside. Waiting for them at the desk (that was just in front of a large partition separating the front and the guys office) was a receptionist who looked very much done with idols making her stay up late.

 

“Oh wow, didn’t expect you two. I expected Jin.” She stated, looking at the reservation note, “Are you just coming in place of him?”

 

Jisoo and Hoseok looked at each other, then Jisoo told the lady, “The Seokjin thing is fake.”

 

The receptionist was silent for a moment, then shrugged, “It’s happened before. The doctor is ready for ya.”

 

“Thank you,” The couple replied, then went around the cheap partition.

 

“Ah, hello there!” The husky man greeted them with a smile, “What a lovely couple!”

 

Jisoo paused, feeling as if she’s seen this man around before. Before she could ask, Hoseok said, “Thank you for meeting with us at such a late hour.”

 

“It’s a-okay! Lots of idols call me up all frantic and such that there’s a pregnancy, and they’ve only been right six times!” The doctor told them.

 

“That’s still a lot.” Jisoo said, surprised, “Did any of them follow through?”

 

“Ah, ah, ah,” He wiggled his finger, “I am not allowed to share such things… but only two did. Ah, you tricked me!”

 

This guy is so familiar. Where have I seen this man before?

 

“Do you possibly do other jobs? I feel like I’ve met you somewhere.” Jisoo asked the man.

 

He thought about it, “Hmmmm well, I do have a variety of work. My main job is a lawyer, a divorce attorney to be exact. I also groom dogs and do psychic readings for fun.”

 

“Ohhhh you groom my dog! Dalgom!” Jisoo exclaimed, “Dalgom loves you!”

 

“Ah, Dalgom. Yes, a very judgmental dog. But a lively one.” He extended his hand, “My name is Lawrence.”

 

Oh my LORD. My man. My main man. LAWRENCE… Do you guys not know who Lawrence is? Damn, you guys are missing out. He travels across many universes. First he helped Rosé and Jungkook get a divorce, then he was a psychic for Jennie and Yoongi, and now he’s grooming Jisoo’s dog, I guess. No, the divorce and psychic stuff is not canon in this tale. But I see that he still has various occupations! Good for him!

 

“So, you two are here because you may have conceived a child?” Lawrence asked, grapping a jar.

 

“Maybe,” Jisoo replied nervously.

 

“Wait, I knew this already,” Lawrence thought outloud, then handed Jisoo the cup, “Pee in this please.”

 

“…This is what I did at home, but on a stick.” Jisoo said, confused.

 

“I always do a very detailed urine test and then a sonogram. I don’t wanna spook my idols with false confirmations.” Lawrence explained.

 

“You would be able to tell with a sonogram this early?” Hoseok asked.

 

“Yup,” Lawrence replied, “If Jisoo is pregnant, it would be small but a child would be there.”

 

Jisoo nodded wearily, then left for the bathroom. This left Hoseok and Lawrence to stand there in what Hoseok to be an awkward silence, but instead Lawrence decided to talk about some funny divorce attorney stories. Oh Lawrence, so personable. So outgoing. So friendly. She soon came back, holding it behind her back, “What do I do now?”

 

Lawrence walked up beside her, both of them facing Hoseok, but Lawrence addressed Jisoo, “Hand the goods behind my back. I shall conceal the urine jar and go test it in the back. Also you’ll have to join me for a sonogram as well.” Jisoo then handed over the “goods”, and the two walked into the back room.

 

As this was all happening, Hoseok paced the room, his nerves coming back to him. Why didn’t Lawrence invite Hoseok to do the sonogram? Does Lawrence not trust Hoseok? If Lawrence doesn’t trust Hoseok, I don’t trust Hoseok. I hope Lawrence trusts Hoseok.

 

Hoseok flinched when he received a text, which was from Jisoo?

 

Jisoo: [Lawrence is singing “Baby” by Justin Bieber in perfect English. This does not make me feel good.]

 

Classic Lawrence.

 

Hoseok: [Any news?]

 

No reply.

 

Hoseok continued to pace around, feeling like this isn’t going to end well. Sure Baby may be Lawrence’s favorite song, but this is not the time for that! But if it’s taking this long, that must mean that Lawrence is confirming it? Shouldn’t Hoseok be there as he confirms it? Why wasn’t he invited to join?!

 

Right when Hoseok was about to break into the back door, Lawrence opened it, “Ah, hello there! Just the man I wanted to see,” Lawrence said with a grin, opening the door more, “Come right in.”

 

Well that worked out for Hoseok.

 

Oh wait this is the moment! Oh no! It’s happening, everyone, prepare yourselves for lift-off!!

 

In the back room there was one of those patient chairs, a small monitor and a lot of other machine stuff. Hoseok and Jisoo sat side by side, their hands tightly clasped together.

 

“That was kind of fast,” Hoseok started to say.

 

“Well it’s just another pee test.” Lawrence told him, then explained, “It’s basically the same thing as a take-home one, but this one is more detailed and shows any irregularities.”

 

“Irregularities?” Jisoo asked.

 

“Yes, like something was off, I guess.”

 

“So are the results back?”

 

Lawrence nodded, got into a swivel chair, and glided towards his laptop, which was plugged into the monitor. Hoseok and Jisoo then saw a bunch of lines and weird charts of colors appear on the screen, confused by what they mean. “I decided to not do the sonogram, because it’s pretty easy to tell just through the urine test.” He said.

 

Being the smart guy that he is, Lawrence explained what they all mean. What certain colors meant pregnancy, which don’t, and what combos mean something different. It was a lot of explanation for a simple answer.

 

“So the answer is not so simple.” Lawrence stated. Oh, oops. I was wrong.

 

“What do you mean?” Hoseok asked, confused.

 

Lawrence pulled up some other lines and colors for a comparison, “In the middle are Jisoo’s results. On the left is someone who is pregnant. On the right is someone who isn’t.”

 

Both Jisoo and Hoseok noticed that, “Why does it show both in mine?”

 

“Well that’s because,” Lawrence said dramatically, grabbing a folder, “On the sheet you filled out for me, what medications are you taking?”

 

“Aller

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter