:7: "Jealous much?"

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So Jisoo, how is it dating Seokjin?” Jennie asked, holding note-cards in hand.

 

BLACKPINK is currently in their dorm, all of them playing their part to help Jisoo with her upcoming interview. It’s quite nerve-wracking. It’s only been three weeks or so since the scandal erupted, and now they already have to do a public interview! Why are people so invested in other peoples’ dating lives?!

 

“It’s great! I,” Jisoo began to respond.

 

“Cut, cut, cut!” Lisa said, flailing her hands around.

 

“What did I do wrong?”

 

“You sounded too excited,” The maknae told her, “People may think that you’re faking.”

 

“Well they’d be seeing the truth,” Jisoo mumbled.

 

“Try it again.” Jennie stated.

 

Jisoo frowned, not liking how her friends are nitpicking her actions. She’s already so nervous about it and they’re making it worse! Sure it may help, but the acting process itself is so stressful!

 

“Chaeyoung, can you stand in as Jin?” Lisa asked, “So Jisoo unnie can practice her actions with him.”

 

“Of course!” Rosé replied, sitting next to the eldest on the couch.

 

Jisoo groaned, “Girls, this is so unnecessary.”

 

“No unnie, it’s completely necessary. You need to look like a real couple.” Jennie said.

 

“But all the fans seem to think we’re cute anyways!” Jisoo retorted.

 

“Opinions can change.”

 

Oof. That’s true. If Jisoo doesn’t play the part well, the fans could easily change their views on the relationship. Even worse, they can change their opinions on Jisoo herself.

 

“Fine, ask it again.” Jisoo sighed.

 

“So Jisoo, how is it dating Seokjin?”

 

“It’s been really good. It’s nice that the fans support us, because it makes it easier to spend time in public and have fun outside of our busy work schedules,”

 

Lisa clapped, “That was great!”

 

“Just turn to Chaeyoung every few times and smile. Maybe grab her hand too.” Jennie critiqued. So, Jisoo did what Jennie said. This earned her an applause from all her friends, making her feel good about herself.

 

“Now Jisoo, how are your members feeling about this?” Jennie read the next notecard.

 

“Well, Jennie thinks that Seokjin is hiding something, meanwhile Lisa thinks I should actually date Seokjin. Chaeyoung just wants to visit the BTS dorm.”

 

“Rude,” Rosé mumbled.

 

“It’s true.” Lisa shrugged.

 

“Unnie, this is no time for joking.” Jennie said, clearly annoyed, “So are you going to take this seriously or not?”

 

Jisoo huffed, “Fine.” She fixed her posture, getting into acting mode again, “The girls really like Seokjin. They’ve only met him once, but that’s due to our busy schedules.” She grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand, “But I’m sure we’ll make more time to all hang out together.”

 

“Insert smooth comment from Jin,” Lisa said, “And now to the next question!”

 

“So how did it go with MAMAMOO?” Jennie asked.

 

“Yah, do questions the interviewer would ask!”

 

Jisoo sighed, “It was alright. Like I said before, there was a lot of tension.”

 

“Thank god Hoseok saved you,” Chaeyoung commented.

 

“Yeah. He seems to always be there when he’s needed.”

 

“That’s just called being a good guy. Clearly he’s paying more attention to you than Seokjin.” Jennie stated.

 

“Alright, I don’t need your sass right now,” Jisoo told her, “Let’s just focus on the questions, okay?”

 

 

“No, I’m not going to do a mock interview.” Seokjin stated, already walking away from Jimin.

 

“C’mon hyung, I’ve prepared notecards and everything!” Jimin whined, feeling abandoned.

 

“You really should practice,” Namjoon told Seokjin, “Especially since you missed out on your quality time with Jisoo. You were supposed to practice then but,”

 

“MAMAMOO came, yeah, yeah, I know.” Seokjin rolled his eyes. “I would have still done it, but she disappeared!”

 

Hoseok, who was watching all of this, sunk into his seat, not wanting Seokjin to know that he brought Jisoo home. Yeah, no one knows. Remember that they snuck out? Nobody noticed them leave, and nobody noticed them come back, either.

 

“How is Moonbyul anyways?” Yoongi asked.

 

Seokjin grabbed a water bottle, “It’s alright. We obviously talked about it. Even though she doesn’t agree with me, she does see where I’m coming from. She isn’t going to make me do anything.”

 

“You’re lucky to have someone like her,” Namjoon said, “You better not screw it up.”

 

The eldest chuckled, “I won’t.”

 

Hoseok looked at his watch, noticing that it was getting close to the time that Seokjin should be leaving. Today is the big interview with Jisoo, and all of BTS are nervous for him. They don’t want him messing up, but they also don’t want him to be stressed about it.

 

Of course Hoseok also made sure to check in with Jisoo as well. After he dropped Jisoo off at her dorm two nights ago, Hoseok always feels so giddy when she texts him. Just knowing that Jisoo thinks that they’re going to be close makes him smile, excited for the future.

 

Hoseok: [Nervous?]

 

Jisoo: [Of course I am! As much as I’m glad that we left the night of the dinner, I am regretting the part where I could have waited it out to practice with Seokjin.]

 

Hoseok: [It’s fine, you’ll do great! I believe in you!]

 

Jisoo: [You may believe that I can do it, but the reality is that it’ll probably be a failure. I’m preparing for the worst.]

 

Why is she always so down on herself? She always thinks that she’s going to mess things up! It’s sad, really.

 

Jisoo: [Is Seokjin almost ready to go?]

 

And of course she flips the subject. Whenever she tries to avoid something, she brings up Seokjin… Wow, Hoseok is getting really good at figuring out Jisoo!

 

Hoseok: [Yeah, he is!]

 

Jisoo: [Has he practiced at all?]

 

Might as well lie.

 

Hoseok: [He tried practicing, yes. He’s more of a “go with the flow” type of guy anyways.]

 

“Hoseok, are you alright?” Jungkook asked quietly, causing Hoseok to flinch. When did Jungkook get here?!

 

“Yeah, I’m fine, why?” Hoseok replied, still startled from Jungkook’s random appearance in the scene.

 

“You look annoyed.”

 

“…I do?”

 

The maknae nodded, “Yup. You look like someone who’s watching their girlfriend make-out with someone else.” Okay, oddly specific Jungkook, but I’ll let it slide.

 

“Uh, well, I’m all good. Thanks for the concern though.” Hoseok said, patting Jungkook’s head.

 

Well that was strange. Hoseok watched Jungkook walk into the kitchen, confused by his own actions. Jungkook isn’t too good at picking up on social cues, so if he’s going out of his way to point out how annoyed Hoseok looks… something must be up. Is Hoseok upset? Why would he be upset? He’s texting Jisoo!... About Seokjin. He’s texting Jisoo about Seokjin. Nah, that can’t be it. That would mean that he’s jealous, and he is not the jealous type.

 

“Hello?” Seokjin asked, on the phone. “…Oh, you are? Now? Alright. I’ll see you then!... Ahhh it’s alright! We’ll be fine! We’re a team, remember?” He chuckled, “See you soon!”

 

“Who was that?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Jisoo.”

 

Hoseok pursed his lips, not liking w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter