:23: "Funny, right?"

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“That was a really fun outing!” Lisa smiled, “Thanks for hanging out with us.”

 

The gang was out at a restaurant for dinner after a long day of excursions across New York. Tomorrow Jisoo and Rosé have the Coach Collection runway to watch, and BTS have United Nations meeting. How exciting!

 

“Are you excited for tomorrow?” Chaeyoung asked Namjoon.

 

“Excited, but nervous since I’m the only one speaking.” Namjoon replied.

 

“We’ll be there right behind you, hyung!” Jimin patted the leader on the back.

 

“Will you talk too?”

 

Silence.

 

“That’s what I thought,” Namjoon joked, the others laughing in response.

 

“Good luck though. You’ll do great!” Jisoo said.

 

“What will you be doing tomorrow since you’re not going to the fashion show?” Taehyung asked Lisa.

 

She shrugged, “No idea. Probably sleep all day.”

 

As everyone was chatting it up, Hoseok scrolled through his photos from the day. He wanted to post something to twitter, and it was probably going to be the picture of him in front of the hope sculpture. Because get it? Hope? J-Hope? Yeah. He smiled at the pictures of him and Jisoo together; he was glad that Chaeyoung helped them have a moment during the hectic day.

 

Hoseok zoomed in on the people in the background, wanting to make sure that there was no one watching, especially any fans. Now that would be terrible. But from the looks of it, nobody was paying attention. Well, someone looked really shocked, but Hoseok couldn’t tell if they were looking at- OH GOD THAT’S NAMJOON.

 

How has Namjoon not scolded him by now? Hoseok thought that he would be metaphorically murdered if Namjoon or Yoongi found out! He glanced at the leader of BTS, who was talking to Jisoo about some type of American food.

 

Is Namjoon… actually okay with it? How could he be? Namjoon and Yoongi have caused so much stress about Jisoo and Hoseok being around each other! And that is definitely Namjoon staring right at Jisoo and Hoseok in the picture, but NOTHING has been said about it?

 

Oh god… does Yoongi know?... Of course not, he definitely would have mentioned it by now.

 

“Are you alright Hoseok?” Chaeyoung asked him. Hoseok showed Chaeyoung the zoomed in picture, which somehow made her laugh. “Ah, who is that? That’s so funny,” She started to comment then realized, “Oh.”

 

“Can I see?” Jungkook asked, listening in on their conversation. Hoseok randomly scrolled to another picture, which was of Jungkook doing a shirtless handstand in front of a sleeping Yoongi. Jungkook started to blush, “W-Why would you show that?”

 

Hoseok shrugged, “She was wondering what I was looking at.”

 

Jungkook frowned, “That’s a private picture.”

 

“I thought it was funny,” Chaeyoung said, not knowing what the new picture was.

 

“Are you looking at the handstand picture?” Jimin asked, “That’s one of my favorites.”

 

“Can I see?” Lisa asked. Taehyung whipped out his phone and showed Lisa. Now everyone is looking at the dreaded handstand picture. Jungkook is not super happy about it. Chaeyoung is the only one who has not seen the picture.

 

“How’s Byulyi doing?” Jungkook asked Seokjin, wanting to change the subject.

 

“She’s fine, as always. MAMAMOO is preparing for a November comeback.”

 

“So are we!” Lisa said.

 

“No we’re not.” Chaeyoung replied. “Jennie is.”

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes at this comment, deciding not to say anything. “You two are so cute!” Lisa told Seokjin, “I mean, I haven’t seen you two together, but I bet you two are cute!”

 

Hoseok looked at Jisoo, who was clearly getting sad about the couple talk. She isn’t able to talk about her relationship, so why would she wanna hear about another one?

 

Namjoon suddenly got up, “I’m gonna go ask the waiter for the bill.”

 

Hoseok, on instinct, stood up as well, “I’ll join you.”

 

“You don’t have to.” Wow, he’s really good at hiding the fact that he saw something he never expected. Maybe Namjoon has already forgotten about it. “Unless you want to talk about something specific?” Okay, maybe he hasn’t forgotten.

 

“Uhhh yeah! I meant to talk to you about,” Hoseok glanced at Jisoo, “How fun our adventure was today.”

 

“How about we go around the table and talk about it?” Jimin asked.

 

“Yeah! I’ll go first,” Taehyung started to say, but was interrupted by Hoseok and Namjoon leaving, “Well you too.” He crossed his arms, pouting like a child.

 

Hoseok followed Namjoon, and quickly noticed that Namjoon wasn’t walking to where their waiter was. “Are you going to kill me in the men’s restroom?” Hoseok asked.

 

Namjoon didn’t reply and casually walked into the restroom, locking the door behind him. He opened each stall to make sure no one was inside. Once the coast was clear, Namjoon turned to a spooked Hoseok, staring at him with a serious expression.

 

“Just say it,” Hoseok said, “I know you saw us.”

 

“…Wait what?” Namjoon asked. Oh my god, he forgot didn’t he. “Oh, in front of the sculpture. I thought you wanted to talk about the handstand picture.”

 

“Why would I want to talk about the handstand picture? And why would you have to lock the restroom door to talk about it?”

 

“Because I thought you were going to expose Chaeyoung for some reason.”

 

Hoseok groaned, not knowing why this conversation is still going, “Chaeyoung didn’t even see the handstand picture.”

 

“Well, based off of Jungkook’s reaction, I thought,”

 

“Hyung, enough about that please.” He cut Namjoon off, “Why haven’t you gotten pissed off about me and Jisoo yet?”

 

“Why would I be pissed?” Namjoon asked, genuinely confused.

 

“You’ve been preventing me from going near her for the past several months!”

 

“Hoseok, we stopped you from being around her for your own sake.”

 

“What?”

 

Namjoon leaned against the wall, not surprised that Hoseok didn’t know the main reason for the division they caused, “Our reasoning, well at least mine, was so you don’t fall for someone and it was one-sided. Knowing you, if it was one-sided and you were head over heels for Jisoo, she would have eventually found out and things would have gone downhill. Then the media would see that you’re not included in group hang outs since Jisoo would be uncomfortable with you, and another scandal probably would have happened.”

 

“That’s a very specific reason.”

 

“Yes, it is.” Namjoon replied, “But you know that’s how it would have gone.”

 

“I guess so.”

 

“And I didn’t mention today’s situation because it clearly isn’t one sided. So it’s not going to cause anything that would hurt us. Both you and Jisoo know not to act coupley in public, so it’s not a huge deal as long as you’re super careful.”

 

Hoseok didn’t respond for a few moments, still suspicious, “So you’re really okay with it?”

 

“Well, yeah. Honestly I had a feeling that Jisoo had feelings for you too, so that’s why I got a little more flexible with the situation.”

 

“What about Yoongi?”

 

“Yoongi doesn’t know and he won’t know until we figure out a good way to explain things to him.” Namjoon said.

 

Hoseok groaned, “He’s got such a stick up his .”

 

“It’s probably because he asked a certain girl out and she ended up not coming to New York because of it.”

 

“…Wait, that’s why she’s not here?”

 

“That’s my guess.” Namjoon replied, “But she’s right to not come. Yoongi’s much more obvious than he thinks he is when it comes to relationship issues.”

 

“Damn, I never would have guessed.”

 

There was suddenly a knock on the door, which reminded Hoseok and Namjoon that they locked the door to a public restroom. Namjoon unlocked it and was about to apologize, but stopped himself once Jisoo walked in.

 

“The girls and I are gonna go.” Jisoo stated.

 

“You know that you’re in the men’s restroom, right?” Namjoon asked.

 

She shrugged, “Same thing as the women’s but with less stalls.”

 

“Why are you leaving so soon?” Hoseok frowned.

 

“We have a big day tomorrow!”

 

“So does BTS!”

 

Jisoo pinched his cheeks, “Then you should be leaving too!” She then turned to Namjoon, “Chaeyoung told me about the picture.”

 

“The handstand one?” Namjoon asked, then realized, “Oh, right. I didn’t know I was caught on camera.”

 

“Anywho, thank you for keeping the secret so far!” Jisoo smiled, “As long as Yoongi doesn’t know we’re good.”

 

Hoseok sighed, then brought Jisoo close, “He can be pretty scary.”

 

“Especially when he got rejected so pettily. I feel bad for him.”

 

“Oh so she rejected him?” Namjoon asked.

 

“I mean,” Jisoo tried to figure it out, “It was a rejection because of bad timing, I guess. But I think Yoongi thinks of it as a forever rejection.”

 

After a few more minutes of “please don’t leave yet” and “ I gotta sleep”, the three left the men’s restroom to meet up with everyone. Jisoo waited a few seconds behind though to not seem suspicious.

 

“This was fun! We should do this again some time.” Lisa said.

 

“We can all hang out in a few days, right?” Taehyung asked.

 

“We’ll be back in Korea by then.” Jisoo stated.

 

Wait, Jisoo’s already going back to Korea in a few days? Hoseok and Jisoo looked at one another, and based off of Hoseok’s expression, he didn’t know that either.

 

“Just think, in one more month you two will be broken up!” Taehyung said to Seokjin and Jisoo.

 

“Unless another scandal happens.” Jungkook stated.

 

Seokjin nudged him, “Yah there won’t be. Unless you’re planning something!”

 

The girls soon left, leaving BTS to go get ice cream by themselves.

 

“That was actually really fun.” Jimin stated.

 

“It’s too bad that we won’t be able to hang out with them after the break up.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter