:13: "You're screwed."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you in love, hyung?”

 

Silence.

 

“What?” Jisoo asked.

 

“What?” Seokjin repeated.

 

“You heard me.” Taehyung said innocently.

 

Everyone looked at Seokjin, who was very shocked by Taehyung’s question.

 

“Why would I be?” Seokjin tried to laugh it off, but to his dismay, the lie detector shocked him.

 

Jennie’s jaw dropped, not knowing if her suspicions were right or she missed something entirely different. Everyone was glancing at one another, not knowing what to comprehend in the moment.

 

“Um,” Lisa tried to find something to say, wanting to change the topic as soon as possible.

 

“So how’s your comeback going?” Jimin asked awkwardly.

 

“It’s good! We just filmed our music video and,” Rosé started to reply, rambling in order to get people’s minds off of what just happened.

 

Jisoo stared at Seokjin, wanting him to look at her and say “I promise it was a lie”. But he’s not! He’s just avoiding any sort of contact! He needs to explain himself! He’s not in love with her… he must have got caught up in everything too! But Jisoo isn’t in love with Seokjin; it’s just a stupid crush.

 

“Are we seriously not going to address what just happened?” Yoongi asked.

 

“No, we’re not.” Namjoon stated.

 

“I’d like to talk about it.” Jungkook raised his hand.

 

“Look, it wasn’t right this time. I just got nervous; I wasn’t expecting a question like that.” Seokjin said.

 

“That lie detector is pretty accurate though,” Jennie replied.

 

“Would you like me to ask you another question, then?” Jisoo asked Jennie (with a little too much sass).

 

“I think we should ask Seokjin another question to clarify.” Jennie said.

 

“Unnies, stop,” Lisa started to say.

 

“What’s your deal?” Jisoo rolled her eyes at Jennie, getting annoyed, “Why are you trying to stir things up?”

 

“I’m not stirring things up.” Jennie responded.

 

BTS sat there silently, not expecting Jennie and Jisoo to argue because of this. You’d think that Seokjin would somehow be involved, but I guess he has a free pass.

 

“Oh my god, please stop!” Rosé said, fed up with the two eldest BLACKPINK members, “You two are ridiculous! We have guests over.”

 

“Welcome to the life of BLACKPINK.” Lisa joked, making some of the guys laugh.

 

“Now, to make things fair, Jennie will be asked one more question and so will Jin-ssi. And then we’re going to take a picture all together and you’re all going to like it! Good memories only!” Chaeyoung told them.

 

“But,” Seokjin tried to refuse, but Chaeyoung didn’t let him.

 

Chaeyoung handed the lie detector to Jennie, then said, “Who’s asking?”

 

Everyone was silent, surprised that Rosé was now in charge. Some of them even found it hot. I ain’t saying who, though.

 

“Which one of us are you,” Jimin began to ask.

 

“Choose your words carefully. She easily dodges questions.” Jisoo advised him.

 

“Who’s the one stressing you out?” Hoseok asked, getting a nod of confirmation from Jisoo.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “I’m not saying,”

 

“It’s me, okay?” Yoongi suddenly said, annoyed with everyone.

 

“…Wait, what?” Namjoon replied, confused.

 

Jennie’s buzzer didn’t go off, which doesn’t count anyways since she didn’t answer the question.

 

“Finally,” Jisoo mumbled.

 

“Jennie and I met at Red Velvet’s after party.” Yoongi explained, clearly uncomfortable. Good for him though, I was tired of writing all this build up.

 

“Oh, that was her?” Hoseok asked. Remember when he approached Yoongi at the party and he was talking to some chick?

 

“The awkwardness continues,” Jungkook muttered.

 

“Yup.” Jennie said.

 

Everyone was silent, not knowing what to make of the situation.

 

“What, they hooked up?” Taehyung asked, causing Jimin to nudge him.

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, “You’re ridiculous.”

 

“But yes.” Taehyung answered for himself.

 

“Alright since that’s over now,” Rosé then handed the lie detector to Seokjin, “it’s your turn!”

 

Jisoo had many questions. Why is he in love? With her? This fast? When did he realize this? Would he be upset if she turned him down?

 

“Is it Jisoo you’re in love with?” Hoseok asked right away.

 

Oof, not the best question to ask Seokjin, Hoseok. Well, it’s the best for Jisoo, but not Seokjin. He’s going to say no, and Jisoo will be relieved. BUT this means that Seokjin is in love with someone else, basically giving up the secret.

 

“Hoseok,” Namjoon sighed, “You shouldn’t have,”

 

“No.” Seokjin stated, glaring at Hoseok.

 

No shock. So yeah, they all know his love isn’t for Jisoo.

 

Jisoo furrowed her brows, thinking of any explanation behind Seokjin’s answer. What does that even mean? You can love stuff like family, friends, food… but you can’t be in love with your family, your friends, or your food!

 

So that means… he’s in love with some woman?

 

Of course if this is the answer she won’t be heartbroken over it… it could be a girl he dated and got dumped by. Yeah, it’s probably that he’s still in love with an ex.

 

“When did you two break up?” Jisoo asked.

 

Silence.

 

Hoseok frowned, knowing that Jisoo must think that Seokjin’s just heartbroken. Obviously she would never guess that he’s been dating someone this whole time, but if Seokjin lies and goes along with it, he’s going to be so,

 

“A few months ago.” Seokjin stated.

 

“Before our dating scandal?” She responded.

 

Seokjin nodded, “Just recently before then, yes.”

 

This is ridiculous. This is the PERFECT time to admit it! He can explain it to Jisoo and her friends right then and there but instead he’s just lying still! Jisoo doesn’t deserve this.

 

And now we cue Jisoo asking Seokjin about his “past relationship”. Jisoo has no bad intentions behind it, she just wants to bond!

 

But clearly this conversation had a bad effect on someone else.

 

Everyone watched BLACKPINK’s front door slam shut, all of them shocked by Hoseok’s actions.

 

“Oh no,” Jimin sighed.

 

“I’m not going to get him.” Taehyung said.

 

“Is he okay?” Lisa asked, concerned.

 

Jisoo stared at the front door, still surprised by Hoseok’s sudden exit. Did the conversation annoy him or something?

 

“I’ll go get him.” Jennie stated, getting up quickly.

 

“You’re going to go get him?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Yeah, so?”

 

And with that, Jennie left. Jisoo pouted, feeling like she should be the one that tried to bring him back. I mean, I agree… why is Jennie going to get Hoseok and not like… anyone else? Anyone! Why Jennie?

 

Hoseok waited for the elevator to reach the floor he was on, wanting some fresh air; he didn’t want to lose it in front of the girls. He’s just so irritating! At this point Seokjin’s just dragging it too far along. Byulyi would be pissed to hear about this.

 

…Byulyi should know about this. It’s not a move if he calls her, right? They’re friends… Seokjin wouldn’t tell her anyways.

 

“What do you want, weenie?” Moonbyul answered.

 

“Wow, okay. Hello to you too!” Hoseok chuckled, the elevator dinging. Time to get on!

 

“What’s up? Seokjin being stupid again?”

 

“As always.”

 

“Ugh, how did I know? What did my stupid- boyfriend do this time?”

 

Why does this sound like they have this conversation a lot?

 

“So we went over to BLACKPINK’s dorm,”

 

“This is already terrible.”

 

“And Jisoo whips out a lie detector.”

 

“Oh my GOD! Tell me the details.”

 

Hoseok laughed, “I’m getting to it, so,”

 

Right when the elevator was about to close, it reopened for someone. And that someone was Jennie, as we all expected.

 

“Hey.” Jennie said kindly, entering.

 

“So…? Hello? Did I lose you?” Byulyi asked.

 

Jennie watched Hoseok internally freak out, knowing that he was on the phone with someone that he can’t disclose the name of. Just what she thought.

 

“I gotta call you back, Byu-… bye.” Hoseok replied, hanging up quickly.

 

“Surprised that it’s me?” Jennie asked.

 

“Kind of, yes.”

 

“Well, I have a reason.”

 

Hoseok flashed a skeptical expression, “And that is…?”

 

“I’m sure Jisoo has told you that I’m suspicious of Seokjin.” She began to explain; usually Hoseok would have stopped her right there, but for once he isn’t going to defend his hyung. “And today just proved what I’ve been theorizing.”

 

“What’s this theory of yours?”

 

Jennie smirked, “You were just on the phone with his girlfriend about to tell her what happened.”

 

Now Hoseok should defend Seokjin, saying, “Yup.”

 

Oh, or that.

 

Jennie laughed, “Wow, you must be really fed up with him to admit it like that.”

 

“I am.” Hoseok casually said.

 

“Why’s that?” Jennie asked, her tone now much more serious.

 

Hoseok sighed loudly, “It’s just ridiculous. In the beginning I guess I could see why he did it, but now after Jisoo’s been feeling this way about him and now the ‘in love’ thing,”

 

“Jisoo’s into Seokjin?” Jennie ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter