:12: "We're doomed."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh god, what if my room is broken into?” Lisa asked, “This is an invasion of privacy!”

 

“No one’s going to go into your room! It reeks of too much perfume.” Chaeyoung replied.

 

“But perfume smells good!”

 

“Not when too much is used.” Jisoo said.

 

BLACKPINK were currently cleaning their dorm furiously, and it was obvious that they were anxious for what was happening later that day. It’s only ten in the morning, but Yang Hyun-Suk just let them know that BTS is coming over somewhere around noon, meaning that the girls have to clean out their messy dorm with not much time.

 

“You’d think that Yang Hyun-Suk would try to prepare us for this,” Jennie grumbled, “He can’t just put this on us so last minute. I gotta­… we gotta have more time to prepare!”

 

“I mean, I’m kind of glad it’s happening today. We didn’t have any plans, so,” Jisoo shrugged, deciding not to finish her sentence.

 

“I know, but isn’t it weird how suddenly they’re all going to be here?” Jennie asked, seeming on edge.

 

Jisoo ignored her friend, dusting away at the furniture. She was excited to have BTS meet the girls! There’s going to be some awkward interactions, and it’s going to be hilarious to see it. Also she wants to see Hoseok! Oh, and Seokjin. But she and Hoseok left off on a really good note last night.

 

…Oh, did I not tell you what happened? Silly me. Let’s do a flashback.

 

 

“Anyways,” Jisoo said, taking another gulp of Soju, “If I had to pick someone to date, it’d totally be you.”

 

Jisoo looked at her friend, who looked shocked and flattered at the same time. Did she mean to say that? No. But hey, it’s true! Hoseok’s a great guy who cares about Jisoo.

 

“Same,” He muttered.

 

Jisoo laughed at how awkward he was being, “We’re so weird.”

 

“That’s why we’re friends,” Hoseok grinned, feeling comfortable again.

 

“About that,” Jisoo started to say, opening another bottle, “Have I thanked you for being my friend yet?”

 

“First of all,” Hoseok took the bottle Jisoo just opened, “This is already your third bottle so I’m cutting you off, and two,” He took a sip, “You haven’t. But you don’t have to.”

 

“Yes, I do! It’s so fun to vent and hang out with you. You’re a great stress reliever, Hoseok.”

 

“I’m glad I could be of assistance.” Hoseok smiled, starting to feel a little buzzed.

 

“Oof,” Jisoo suddenly said, “I shouldn’t have downed those two bottles that fast.”

 

“Starting to feel it?”

 

“Yup. It’s been a while.”

 

“Well it’s okay because you’re not going to have anymore.” Hoseok told her.

 

“Rude. Can’t I just finish the one you so rudely stole from me?” She asked. Hoseok was about to say no, but she was flashing a cute pouty face in order to sway him. So Hoseok gave the bottle back to her, “So kind,” she giggled.

 

“Can I ask you something strange?”

 

Jisoo flashed a confused expression, then replied, “Sure.” He’s probably going to ask why she’s feeling so strange towards Seokjin. Guys always ask about how girls feel about others. Is it jealousy? Hoseok doesn’t seem like the jealous type. Why would he be jealous anyways?

 

“Is this whole thing stressing you out?” He asked.

 

Oh, she didn’t expect that. I thought she already said she was stressed from it. She never means to accidentally let her feelings slip, but she most likely already told Hoseok that she’s stressed about the dating scandal.

 

“Well, y-yeah,” Jisoo shrugged, “I think this would stress anyone out.”

 

“I don’t necessarily mean the scandal, you know.”

 

She turned to him, “Then what do you mean?”

 

“I’m asking if the Seokjin situation is stressful.”

 

“You should have specified.” She said sarcastically. Jisoo was silent for a moment, realizing that Hoseok wasn’t going to say anything until she answered his question. Oh god, does she really have to do this? Jisoo stared at her Soju bottle, then sighed, “If I’m being honest, I do get irritated from time to time because of him.”

 

“I’m glad you told me that.”

 

“Why?”

 

Hoseok shrugged, a grin forming on his face, “I just don’t want you to lie to me.”

 

“I’ve been pretty honest with you so far, give me credit!” She joked, nudging his arm.

 

“You should tell Seokjin if he’s being annoying. He only fixes his actions when he’s scolded… he can’t realize it on his own.” Hoseok told her.

 

“I guessed that.”

 

The two were silent, Hoseok watching Jisoo stare up into the night sky. This was until Jisoo turned to him again, Hoseok flinching and turning away. Hopefully he didn’t get caught staring.

 

“Now it’s time for me to ask you a question.” Jisoo stated, making Hoseok chuckle.

 

“Go ahead.”

 

“Do you like hanging out with me?”

 

Well that’s a very self-conscious question. It’s kind of sad, too. Why’d she ask that.

 

But to Jisoo’s surprise, Hoseok answered immediately, saying, “Of course! How is that even a question?”

 

“I just feel like whenever we hang out, I’m just talking about my issues.”

 

“I’m okay with that.” Hoseok replied.

 

“I’ve never heard of a guy that’s okay with listening to women’s ranting.”

 

“Well,” Hoseok said smoothly (as a joke), “I guess I’m not like most guys.”

 

Jisoo laughed loudly, pushing Hoseok over, “Ew, that was so cringey!”

 

Hoseok grabbed Jisoo’s arm as he fell over, making her go down with him. The two laughed together, now lying down on the grass side by side.

 

Jisoo rolled onto her side to face Hoseok, “Now I’m gonna reek like grass.”

 

“And soju.” Hoseok added.

 

“What a combo.” She joked.

 

The two stared at each other for a few moments, both of them a little drunk and tired. For some reason, Jisoo felt a rush of heat run through her when Hoseok gently picked the grass from her hair with a smile.

 

…Well this is new. Nah, this is probably just the teenage feelings like when she’s with Seokjin. Then why is she so comfortable? Any why does she like it? She hates the teenage crush feelings she tends to get… then if she likes it, is a whole new type of feeling?

 

Jisoo easily shook it off, realizing that it was definitely just the Soju that was making her feel this way.

 

Hoseok yawned, looking at the time, “You should probably head back. The girls are probably wondering where you are.”

 

She groaned, “I know, but I don’t want to.”

 

“Why’s that?”

 

“Jennie’s so judgy lately.”

 

“She’s probably just looking out for you.” Hoseok told her.

 

“That’s what I thought at first but noooo,” Jisoo rolled her eyes, “She thinks Seokjin is hiding something and clearly isn’t that too fond of him. And because I got his back, Jennie’s all pissy at me. Sometimes she can have such a stick up her ,” Hoseok smirked hearing Jisoo’s somewhat crude language, knowing that the two have become even closer. Jisoo paused her ranting, asking Hoseok, “Is Seokjin hiding something?”

 

Hoseok’s eyes widened, clearly uncomfortable with her question. This made Jisoo become weary, feeling like Jennie’s intentions may be true.

 

“He’s just going through some stuff… I shouldn’t be the one to say, really.” Hoseok muttered. Jisoo could tell that Hoseok was hiding something, but she really shouldn’t have asked. That question should be for Seokjin only.

 

“Alright, I get it.” She sighed, “I just don’t get why Seokjin wouldn’t be able to tell me.”

 

“He takes a while to open up.”

 

“I think you take longer.”

 

This surprised Hoseok, because it was completely true. “Ah, look who’s getting better at reading people?”

 

The two laughed, and slowly started to get ready to leave. Jisoo was really glad that she hung out with Hoseok. He’s a really good guy and he’s actually fine with listening to her. She’s told more to Hoseok in the past few months than she has to the girls! What a concept!

 

Okay, since we’re done with the flashback, let’s go back to the dilemma today, yes?

 

“I know, but isn’t it weird how suddenly they’re all going to be here?” Jennie asked, seeming on edge.

 

“No… I think it’ll be fun.” Jisoo stated.

 

“It’ll only be fun because you’ve hung out with them before! We don’t know them!” Lisa said from the distance.

 

“This is going to be the opposite of fun.” Jennie mumbled.

 

“What’s with the attitude, Jen? Are you okay?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“I’m fine,” Jennie sneered, grabbing a piece of toast.

 

Alright, clearly Jennie is not fine. We should probably try to bring up this topic in a subtle way so Jennie doesn’t try to escape.

 

“What the hell is up with you?” Jisoo said.

 

Or that works too.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, starting to escape (like I predicted). But Jisoo grabbed her by the arm, the two pals locking eyes. Now we’re in an intense staring contest between Jisoo and Jennie while the two youngest watch with caution.

 

Alright, so Jisoo really wants to figure out what’s up with Jennie. Maybe she should try to pull a Hoseok and be really observant? How does he do it so well? Does he try to see if the person avoids a gaze, or if they’re pretending to be confident?

 

“You’re nervous about them coming.” Jisoo stat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter