:14: "That's a Lie."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Holy .” Hoseok sighed, looking at his defeated expression in the mirror. “You’re into her.”

 

Yes, we all know that Hoseok. Are you just trying to...like… reiterate?

 

Hoseok, if we’re being honest, this was bound to happen. You went on a nice walk to a bakery with her, you went clubbing together, you drank together and had deep talks… it was impossible not to fall for her!

 

Obviously this is quite the ty situation. Thank god Seokjin thinks Hoseok was just in the heat of the moment, but what happens when Seokjin finds out that Hoseok was telling the truth? The rest of the guys already know! Seokjin’s going to FREAK!

 

Wait… why would Seokjin freak out? It shouldn’t matter because Seokjin has a girlfriend. Hoseok is probably just overthinking things again. Silly boy. But still… Hoseok shouldn’t tell Seokjin. Just in case of Seokjin getting heated for no reason. He tends to do that a lot.

 

“What are you going to do now?” Yoongi suddenly asked, startling Hoseok.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“At least Seokjin thinks you were in the heat of the moment.”

 

“I know.”

 

Yoongi stared at Hoseok for a few moments, reading his body language, “I don’t think you know how much you’re into her.”

 

“What?” Hoseok responded.

 

“Clearly you just realized your feelings now when you’ve definitely been into her for a solid month.”

 

“No I haven’t.”

 

“Jungkook told me everything.”

 

“...That was nothing.” Hoseok told him.

 

“Was it though?”

 

Yoongi’s right; Hoseok’s been showing the signs of having the hots for Jisoo for quite a while. I guess that intense confrontation is what it took to make him realize it for himself!

 

“Are you trying to tell me something? I know you love being cryptic.” Hoseok stated.

 

“I think it’s obvious,” Yoongi began to tell him, “You gotta back off of Jisoo.”

 

“I don’t even see her that much.”

 

“That’s a lie.”

 

Oh yeah it’s a lie. These two love to hang out! I mean, sure they don’t see each other all the time, but it’s still frequent!

 

Hoseok sighed, “But I don’t,”

 

“I know you don’t want to hang out with her less,” Yoongi said, “But hanging out with her makes your feelings grow, and soon you won’t be able to unlike her.”

 

“Well I don’t want to unlike her.”

 

“I don’t mean it as in not like. I mean it as in losing your romantic feelings for her.”

 

Does Hoseok really have to do this? He really likes seeing Jisoo. Well, now he knows that he likes it so much because he’s really into Jisoo.

 

Letting out a loud groan, Hoseok then said, “I don’t like this.”

 

“It’s because you’re so obsessed with the idea of finding love.”

 

“I’m not obsessed,” Hoseok huffed.

 

“Ever since you met Jisoo you didn’t mention that stupid- ‘I want love’ rant you always go on.”

 

“So?”

 

Yoongi chuckled, “You’re so into her.”

 

“We get it, hyung.” Hoseok rolled his eyes, wanting to end the conversation. He doesn’t want to keep getting reminded about how into Jisoo he is; he just realized it! He needs time to process!

 

Yoongi was picking up that Hoseok didn’t want to talk about Jisoo anymore, so the kind boy left to give Hoseok his space.

 

Hoseok went on his phone, seeing that Jisoo texted him a bunch of times. She really wants him to call her, huh. But like Yoongi said, maybe it’s best to back off… just a little bit. But Hoseok doesn’t want to do that!

 

As he walked out of the bathroom, Hoseok was going to dial Jisoo’s number until,

 

“You’re an idiot, Seokjin!”

 

Yeah, until that happened.

 

Wait, Byulyi is here?

 

Hoseok spotted Byulyi and Seokjin right away. They were arguing in the kitchen, and Hoseok was still confused on when she even arrived. The rest of the members were sprawled throughout the dorm, pretending like they didn’t hear the intense couple.

 

“Why am I an idiot? I thought what I did was right!” Seokjin retorted.

 

“Seokjin, none of us think that what you’re doing is right!” Byulyi replied.

 

Oh god, come on! We just went through this argument last chapter!

 

“I just had this argument with Hoseok,” Seokjin grumbled, chugging down a water, “I already know I’m a .”

 

“Seokjin, you’re not a . No one gets why you’re,” Byulyi started to say, going silent once she realized everyone was staring at them. “Yah, leave us alone.” What a strong, fierce woman. Bless.

 

So everyone piled out.

 

“I thought of all people, you’d get why I’m doing this.” Seokjin sighed.

 

“I mean,” She shrugged, “I sort of get it. But you and I both know that it’s getting too far.”

 

“Yeah, once I went along with that last lie I knew it was wrong.”

 

“Then why don’t you tell her?” Byulyi suggested.

 

“I don’t want to give you up.”

 

She chuckled, “Seokjin, you’re not giving me up.”

 

Wait, so is this why Seokjin never told Jisoo? What kind of explanation is this?

 

“I just feel like once Jisoo knows, BLACKPINK will know. Once they know, something will slip to their manager or Teddy, and then YG. Or even worse, Dispatch.” Seokjin told her.

 

Ah, okay. So Seokjin is doing this to protect their relationship. I get it. If anyone would let that secret slip publically, it would be from Lisa.

 

Byulyi held Seokjin’s cheeks in her hands, wanting to keep eye contact, “Seokjin, our relationship won’t slip. I promise.”

 

“I know, but,” Seokjin groaned, “It’s just weird. I’m telling my fake girlfriend that I have a real girlfriend.”

 

She shrugged, “I’ve been in weirder scenarios.”

 

The two were silent for a few moments until Seokjin said, “How about this: if you give me twenty good reasons to tell Jisoo, I’ll tell her next time I see her.”

 

“And what else?” Byulyi responded teasingly.

 

“You know what else, dummy.”

 

The two shook hands, sealing the deal.

 

Why do I feel like that was too easy? I guess Seokjin’s just kind of worn down at this point. I would be too. But hey, he might tell Jisoo now! Hopefully Byulyi can give him twenty reasons.

 

Wow, I can’t believe this issue will finally be resolved and,

 

“UGH SEOKJIN,” Moonbyul groaned, “Isn’t eighteen enough?!”

 

“I said twenty!”

 

You’ve gotta be kidding me. No, he’s definitely not saying that he isn’t going to tell Jisoo because Byulyi couldn’t come up with twenty reasons, right?... Right?

 

“Let me know when you come up with the last two… then we’ll come back to this topic.” Seokjin grinned, finding himself hilarious.

 

“You’re an .” Byulyi grumbled.

 

“Your .”

 

Um… I mean, I get what you were trying to say but… ew. Moonbyul wasn’t having it either.

 

“Why the hell am I still dating you.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“Because you like my weird- humor.”

 

“True. I’m probably the only person that will accept your weirdness.” Byulyi then realized, “Another good reason is because it’ll teach our future children that telling the truth is a good thing.”

 

Seokjin laughed, “Why would I tell our future children that I had a fake girlfriend while dating you?”

 

“To tell them that telling the truth is a good thing!”

 

“Alright, I’ll count that as reason number nineteen.”

 

Byulyi smiled triumphantly, now only needing one more explanation for why Seokjin should tell Jisoo. Just make anything up! Just, I don’t know,

 

 

“Call me already!”

 

Wait, I wasn’t finished with my statement! Am I really gonna cut myself off like that? I was going to say that she should just say,

 

“What the hell?!”

 

JISOO, stop! Let me speak!

 

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Lisa asked.

 

“Hoseok isn’t calling me back,” She frowned. Alright, I guess no one cares what I was going to say. That’s fine. I won’t take it to heart. Let’s continue, then.

 

Jennie noticed how upset Jisoo looked, giving her a flash of concern that just maybe,

 

“Have you tried texting him?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“I think I’m gonna call,” Jisoo began to say, but was interrupted by her picture showing up on the television.

 

“Is our picture that interesting to show it on the entertainment news?” Jennie asked, still not understanding the hype.

 

Yup, there’s already a story on how BTS and BLACKPINK hung out together! The news anchors talked about how quickly the picture was shared, making it one of the quickest-liked photos on twitter. What an achievement!... It’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter