:27: "Cry Time!"

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo and Seokjin sat across from one another in silence, neither of them trying to lighten the mood. Jisoo just told Seokjin what happened, and based on his response… he ain’t happy, folks.

 

“So you two got caught?” Seokjin asked once more. She nodded, not saying a word. “And this will be released before the New Year?”

 

“We tried so hard to keep this a secret… I have no clue how this happened. I really thought we were keeping the secret well,” Jisoo finally replied, feeling the need to explain herself better.

 

“Who’s the other couple that would get released?”

 

“Jennie and Kai… and I refuse to let them get revealed.”

 

“Oh, right. I forgot about them,” Seokjin thought outloud. Seokjin was quiet for a few moments, then sighed deeply, “This isn’t the best scenario to be in.”
 

“I know, and I’m so so sorry.”

 

“It’s okay,” Seokjin said, making Jisoo feel worse. The way that Seokjin said it made it clear that it’s definitely not okay. “So I need to make a statement about this as well?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, Yang Hyun-Suk said that, before confirming the news, he needs you to create a statement to help explain the situation… I guess just saying that this was all fake?”

 

“And he doesn’t want you to say that?”

 

Jisoo was quiet for a moment, noticing Seokjin’s snippy tone. Usually Seokjin is more understanding when these things happen… maybe she really ed up this time.

 

“Apparently he doesn’t. Maybe he thinks that, if it comes from me, the fans will think that I’m making excuses.” Jisoo guessed. Seokjin seemed to be thinking deeply about something, as if he was thinking about how to act in a situation like this.

 

“I can make one.”

 

“Thank you,” Jisoo smiled slightly, “It means a lot to me.”

 

Jisoo squirmed, feeling the tense air between them. She really has no idea why this specific -up set Seokjin over the edge. Well, it’s understandable to get upset about it, but the break-up is supposed to happen next week anyways! Yes, Jisoo is not happy that her and Hoseok’s relationship is getting revealed before the break-up scandal came out (well, she’s just upset that it’s even getting revealed at all), but she has to keep Kai and Jennie a secret. She’s not even going to tell Jennie about what’s happening, because she doesn’t want Jennie to bail on her good relationship for rash reasons.

 

Before Jisoo could apologize for the nth time, the front door slammed open, Taehyung (holding three bags of food) yelling, “WE’RE BACK!”

 

Seokjin immediately got up, clearly wanting to leave the conversation, “I’m gonna call Byulyi since you all are back.”

 

Some of the guys watched Seokjin leave, unsure of why he looked so down.

 

“I just told him some bad news,” Jisoo said. As Hoseok started walking to her, she said, “About the reveal.” Hoseok stopped in his tracks, then turned to the guys with a nervous expression. Yeah, they don’t know yet.

 

“What reveal?” Taehyung asked in a tone as if he already knew the answer.

 

“We got caught going to the clinic,” Hoseok stated wearily, “And they’re going to reveal us as a couple sometime this week.”

 

The other members didn’t respond at first; they just exchanged glances as they usually do. And then Yoongi finally stated, “When you and Seokjin haven’t broken up publicly yet?”

 

“Nope…” Jisoo responded quietly.

 

“Damn,” Taehyung said, “This won’t be too good, will it?”

 

“It’s fine,” Hoseok said, putting his arm around Jisoo, “We’ll be fine. Seokjin’s gonna make a statement and so are,”

 

“We’re not doing that yet. Remember that YG wants Seokjin to say something first?” Jisoo interrupted him.

 

Hoseok sighed, forgetting that important detail, “, you’re right.”

 

“How could you two get caught?” Namjoon finally chimed in (quite angrily I may add).

 

Jisoo frowned, “I-I don’t know, we tried to hide and we followed Sunmi’s instructions so well,”

 

And as if Namjoon set something off, the other members began to act in the same angry manner. Yoongi told them that they were being careless, Taehyung said he was disappointed in them, Jungkook said that he knew this would happen, and Jimin finished them off with,

 

“I really thought you guys could keep this on the down low for us… for Seokjin and Byulyi, too…”

 

OH GOD what have our happy couple done?! Even Jimin is upset with them!

 

“Guys, stop. We’re sorry! You all know that we tried really hard to sneak to the doctor’s… and you all know that we had to go.” Hoseok told them, surprised by their outbursts.

 

“Yes, we know, but…” Jungkook looked at Namjoon, then back to Hoseok, “…It’s just kind of a big thing to throw on the group, especially with us already planning 2019 stuff.”

 

Oh wow I forgot it was still 2018 here. Oopsies.

 

After a few more lectures from Hoseok’s members, Jisoo had to go practice for some awards show that was coming up (you choose which one). Hoseok walked Jisoo out to the front, neither of them comprehending what was going on.

 

“I’ve never seen them like that.” Hoseok stated.

 

“How? So upset? I’ve them upset plenty of times,” Jisoo replied.

 

“No… I just wasn’t expecting them to be that disappointed in us. Usually they’re much understanding with this. Sure I see where they may be frustrated but that was… very out of character. For all of them.”

 

“Yeah, even Seokjin was even angrier than I expected. And he’s usually the one that supports us!” Jisoo was clearly hurt by how the BTS members reacted.

 

Hoseok gave Jisoo a tight hug, “It’ll be fine. Although it’s the worst timing, think about the bright side of this news.”

 

“I see no bright side to this.”

 

“We can walk around freely and post cute pictures of one another!” Hoseok smiled.

 

“I mean, yes, but Hoseok,” Jisoo said with a sigh, “I won’t be able to leave my dorm for a solid three weeks. I’ll have to take secret routes at airports, be cautious when interacting with fans… I won’t know how they’ll react to this.” Jisoo told him, reminding Hoseok that there are more consequences than benefits to the news being revealed. Hoseok nodded, not denying the fact that Jisoo will be in the worst position for a few weeks. But he’ll be there right next to her, whether it be in public or not, because everyone will know that they’ll be dating anyways!

 

 

“I really don’t know how they’ll react to this…” Jimin said nervously.

 

Well that was a random transition. Are we back at the dorm? Oh, Hoseok isn’t here, so I’m guessing this is happening at the same time as Hoseok and Jisoo’s conversation?

 

“They’ll probably be pissed at first for going behind their backs, but they’ll be thankful after.” Namjoon replied.

 

“By the way, that was some amazing acting from you, Namjoon!” Taehyung said, “I’m proud.”

 

“I learned from the best… myself.”

 

What are they even talking about? The six members were seated on the couches talking about something that we clearly don’t know about yet.

 

“How long have you had this planned out, Seokjin?” Yoongi asked.

 

“A while,” Seokjin responded, “Moonbyul came to me about it… I wanna say a month ago?” Don’t look at me, Seokjin, I have no clue when that chapter was.

 

What plan? And why were they acting? I don’t understand!

 

“So when are you making the announcement?” Jimin asked.

 

“The end of this week. We already have the timeslot booked. It’s gonna be an exclusive, live interview. It’s already being promoted.”

 

“Wait, you’re the ‘idol that will reveal their biggest secret ever’?” Taehyung gasped dramatically… even though he already knew that Seokjin was indeed that idol.

 

“Yup. Moonbyul won’t be there though. I wanted to do it by myself.”

 

Hey guys, I’m confused. I need an explanation. What will Seokjin be revealing? Why would Moonbyul even be involved? Please let me know.

 

“Excuse me?” Seokjin asked, shocked that Moonbyul would even suggest exposing their relationship.

 

“Can you please hear me out?” Byulyi said.

 

Thank god we have a flashback. I need to know what the hell is going on. We are back to about a month ago (or whenever I said this happened a few chapters ago) where we see our lovely couple dining upon some fine cuisine.

 

So I guess this is happening even before the pregnancy scare went down? Damn time moves so quickly when I have no idea what the timeline is!

 

“I don’t get why you would even suggest,”

 

“Seokjin, I have an idea that would somehow get us all out of deep .”

 

“Since when were we in deep ?” Seokjin asked.

 

Byulyi shrugged, “It’s bound to happen someday.” Wow she was right! I feel like Byulyi may be psychic?

 

Byulyi began to explain that they should pretend that Hoseok and Jisoo got caught going out somewhere. If they get convincing enough pictures, it’ll look like Dispatch took them. Then they should try and get someone in on it, either Bang Si-Hyuk or Yang Hyun-Suk,

 

“Stop right there,” Seokjin said, “There is NO way either of them will do that.”

 

“Why do you think that?”

 

“Because they put so much into this whole fake dating scandal! What makes you think that they’re going to pretend that Dispatch caught Hoseok and Jisoo just to help us out?”

 

“I’m getting to that.” She told him. Once Seokjin shut up, she continued. Byulyi said that if they come up with a good explanation of why the fake scandal came to be, their bosses might be fine with it. When Seokjin asked what she meant, Byulyi clarified that, “We would have to come up with a reason that is good enough to be released publicly.”

 

“Publicly?” Seokjin asked, shocked, “You want to go public when all of this is happening??”

 

Byulyi nodded, “Well isn’t that better than having all the backlash of the break up?”

 

“…You think revealing us as a couple won’t receive backlash? And on top of that we’ll be revealing Hoseok and Jisoo!”

 

“Not necessarily,” Byulyi replied, “They can still be kept a secret.”

 

“How?”

 

“I just told you how. We go public and come up with a good reason why the fake scandal happened.”

 

“This sounds absolutely ridiculous,” Seokjin leaned back in his seat, “We can’t do this.”

 

And flash-forward to today where their plan is already in motion! I’m not surprised that Seokjin decided to do it. Byulyi is very convincing… didn’t mean for that to sound ual but I’m gonna keep that line anyways.

 

“So what’s the next step?” Jimin asked, “We’re happy to help you two.”

 

“If Hoseok asks if I’m okay, say that I’m still frustrated. But make it seem like you don’t want to share that information.” Seokjin stated.

 

“Why?” Jungkook responded.

 

“Hoseok believes things easier if it seems like you feel like you shouldn’t say something.” Namjoon answered, then turned to Seokjin, “We can do that.”

 

“Do you need us to make sure that Hoseok and Jisoo are watching your big interview?” Taehyung said.

 

Seokjin nodded, “I was hoping that you could somehow get the two of them over here watching the television.”

 

“Will do.” Yoongi gave Seokjin a thumbs-up, “We have it handled.”

 

Interesting… so Seokjin is going to reveal his relationship to the public? I’m surprised that YG allowed this. Now I see why the last chapter ended that way. But it does make sense to have things go this way. The break up scandal won’t have to happen because this is a nice alternative. Seokjin will say that it was just a cover up so no one will really get hate! Well, maybe they’ll think that this was a dumb cover up, but, if it were me, I’d think it was genius. But I know everything that went down so I can’t see it that way. Anywho, along with this, the Jennie’s January couple won’t be revealed and hopesoo will survive! Yippee!

 

The BTS members quickly dispersed when Hoseok walked back in, confusing the lad. “What is this about?” Hoseok asked as the members pretending to do separate things.

 

“What do you mean?” Taehyung replied, doing his amazing acting.

 

“You all seem to have just done a huddle without me.”

 

The members glanced at one another until Jimin said, “We were playing Jenga.”

 

“I see no Jenga tower.” Hoseok stated, getting upset.

 

“Because I got Jenga,” Jungkook replied, “And then I shoved it all back into the box.”

 

“Really now?” Hoseok walked over to the Jenga box on the counter, “So if I open this the blocks will be stuffed in here?”

 

“Yes.”

 

The air was tense, and Hoseok needed to make sure his friends weren’t lying to him. He opened the box slowly as the other members (besides Seokjin who yeeted out of there) watched him nervously. Cue any dramatic song of your choice.

 

Song over, it turns out that,

 

“Oh, you were playing Jenga,” Hoseok said, pleasantly surprised.

 

Jungkook grinned, then whispered to Jimin, “I always put them back like that.”

 

Hoseok started walking back to his room, and he could feel all of his friends’ eyes on him. Why were they being so judgmental right now? They really didn’t do anything wrong. Hoseok is usually pretty good at guessing when s would be upset, and this one really blindsided him.

 

Maybe he should talk to Seokjin about it to clear everything up.

 

Knocking on the door, Hoseok waited for Seokjin to finally say, “Come in.” Seokjin was seated at his desk watching Youtube videos. Once he turned around to see who it was, he stiffened in his seat, his expression changing once he laid his eyes on Hoseok, “Do you need anything?”

 

“I just need an explanation.”

 

“With what?” Seokjin asked, clearly knowing what Hoseok meant.

 

Hoseok sat on the bed with a sigh, “I don’t get why you all are being like this. Jisoo feels terrible.”

 

A flash of guilt flashed across Seokjin’s face, but Hoseok didn’t notice it. “It’s just a ty scenario.”

 

“Yeah but I don’t see why even the others are so upset about it?”

 

“Because, in a way, it affects them too. This scandal will be put as ‘J-Hope from BTS’. Not just ‘Jung Hoseok’. We’re all involved in some way or another.” Seokjin explained.

 

“I guess I understand that,” Hoseok replied, “But… can you all just not show your frustration when Jisoo is around? She may not seem sensitive to it, but she kind of is.”

 

“I’ll talk to them, don’t worry.”

 

Hoseok noticed that Seokjin seemed kind of stressed, so he decided not to talk to his hyung anymore. Ugh, everyone is feeling tense I see! How…tense. And stressful.

 

Jisoo: [Why is everyone in such a ty mood? Even the girls are being weird.]

 

Hoseok: [Does Jennie know about what happened?]

 

Jisoo: [Yep. And at first she was like OMG wow you’re my savior and now she’s… angsty. Like I did something wrong. Like does she WANT me to let her relationship be revealed?]

 

Hoseok: [Maybe everyone knows that Jennie wants her relationship revealed besides us. And that’s why everyone is so moody?]

 

Interesting hypothesis, Hoseok. You’re getting close, but it’s not that. We already know what it is, obviously. The gang must hate keeping this a secret from our fave couple, but it’s worth the wait! It’s going to be such a grand reveal, I’m so excited to see how it goes!

 

 

“What do you mean the interview is cancelled?” Seokjin asked his manager.

 

Of. ing. Course.

 

“Yeah, it’s cancelled.” His manager shrugged, “Apparently Seungri has some gossip on what happens backstage of Inkigayo, so they’re gonna go with that.”

 

“Did Yang Hyun-Suk say anything about this?” Seokjin said.

 

“Yes. He said if you don’t figure out a plan b by tomorrow, the plan is cancelled.”

 

Oh my god! What a last minute point of conflict! And you all thought this plan was going to go well! I thought it was too! How sad.

 

Seokjin instantly called Moonbyul, “HELP.”

 

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

 

“The interview is cancelled! Seungri stole my interview!”

 

“Wait, WHAT? The interview got called off?”

 

“YES. And Yang Hyun-Suk is giving me ONE DAY to figure something out!”

 

Byulyi was silent on the other line, and Seokjin knew that she was coming up with a plan. But will it be a good one? I mean, Byulyi is pretty good at making plans.

 

“I don’t have a plan.” Well .

 

“You don’t have a plan? When your intelligence is absolutely needed for a last minute plan?!” Seokjin was freaking out, and he had a right to.

 

“Give me time! I need to think. I wasn’t planning on making a plan as I’m preparing for a show!”

 

Seokjin and Moonbyul had to end their conversation shortly after that because, like Byulyi said, she has a show to record.

 

What is Seokjin going to do?! Jisoo and Hoseok are down in the dumps because of everyone being fake-upset at them, and Seokjin needs to make the public announcement in order for them to not feel ty! And NO, he is not going to just tell Hoseok and Jisoo that it was all fake! That ruins the fun and the whole purpose of the kind gesture!

 

 

“What do you mean the plan is ruined?” Jimin asked, confused.

 

Seokjin explained to the guys what happened earlier. Obviously this was met with a lot of negative reactions.

 

“There must be something we can do.” Yoongi thought out-loud.

 

“The interview was the perfect set up,” Seokjin groaned, “It was live, on a network that a lot of our fans’ demographic watches, prime-time,”

 

“And the interviewer was hot!” Taehyung said, as if this was the most important part of the plan.

 

“I mean, the only bad part is that you guys just do the break-up scandal regularly,” Namjoon started to say.

 

“AND when Byulyi and I get found out, Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter