:2: "It's happening."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hoseok watched his hyung pace back and forth nervously, shocked by what he just heard.

 

“You’re in a dating scandal?” Jimin asked.

 

“Yes.” Seokjin grumbled, clearly annoyed.

 

“And it’s not with Moonbyul?” Taehyung added.

 

“No.”

 

“But it’s with,” Jungkook began to ask,

 

“It’s with Jisoo,” Seokjin said, now getting angry, “How many times do I have to repeat myself? I’m in a dating scandal with Kim Jisoo, NOT Moon Byulyi.”

 

The six others were silent, not wanting to piss Seokjin off even more. It’s a stressful situation to be in, especially when it’s false… and it’s blowing up everywhere.

 

“D-Does Moonbyul know?” Hoseok asked timidly.

 

Seokjin sighed, rubbing his temples, “Yes.”

 

“Is she okay?” Namjoon said.

 

“Surprisingly yes. As long as it’s dissolved quickly. She just thinks it’s stupid, that’s all.” Seokjin told them.

 

All of this is so strange; exactly three nights ago Hoseok had his first-ever conversation with Jisoo, and now suddenly she’s reportedly dating his best friend?

 

Seokjin already told them how exactly it went down. It was something having to do with a sewer grate and her shoe getting stuck in it. That’s it. But the media is really good at twisting things around. It even says that Jisoo and Seokjin went on a vacation together; apparently fans compiled pictures of Jisoo and Seokjin in similar-looking places?

 

Hoseok felt really bad for Seokjin; this is the first relationship Seokjin’s been really happy in, and now it’s being ruined by some silly scandal. And he feels terrible for Jisoo, despite barely knowing her at all. She’s still kind of a rookie, a powerful one he may add, and a scandal like this can really halt someone’s fame for a while… it can even ruin careers. Remember Sulli? Omg I miss her. Where is she? Is she happy? Anyways, that’s a prime example.

 

The boys continued to question Seokjin, until they were interrupted by their hyung’s phone ringing.

 

“I’m guessing that’s Bang PD.” Yoongi said.

 

“It is.” Seokjin replied, staring at his phone screen.

 

“You might want to answer that,” Hoseok advised him.

 

Seokjin sighed, then picked up the phone, “Hi there.”

 

There was barely any speaking on Seokjin’s part; he nodded along, saying “yup” sometimes… but besides that, nothing was said. I guess Bang Si-Hyuk decided to rant at him?

 

Once Seokjin finally hung up, he groaned loudly, “He wants to see me.”

 

“Well that’s a given.” Namjoon replied.

 

“I wasn’t finished; he wants to see me so he can bring me to YG Entertainment to talk with YG himself and Jisoo.”

 

“Oof.” Taehyung muttered, “That’s rough.”

 

“I’m guessing you’re just going to talk about how you’re going to dissolve the rumor.” Jungkook said.

 

“Yeah, but this is too much,” Seokjin said, “Can’t YG and Si-Hyuk just talk? Why do I have to see Jisoo again?”

 

“I mean, I’d like to see Jisoo again,” Taehyung replied.

 

“Was that supposed to be ual?” Hoseok asked, confused.

 

“What? No, I just think it’s a good idea that she should be there,” Taehyung shrugged, then said, “Now that I think about it, I’d definitely,”

 

“Alright, gross, that’s enough of that please.” Jungkook cut his hyung off.

 

Seokjin’s phone started to ring again, but this time it was Moonbyul. “I have to take this,” Seokjin told them, then left the room.

 

“This .” Jimin stated.

 

“I know, and it’s all so random also? Why specifically them?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Well, I bet there were paparazzi hidden when Seokjin was helping her,” Yoongi said.

 

“Didn’t he say that Jisoo hugged him also?” Hoseok added.

 

“The paparazzi can manipulate anything.” Jungkook stated.

 

“Out of all of us, Seokjin was probably the worst possible choice to use in a scandal like this.” Namjoon said.

 

“How so?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Well, Seokjin is the only one out of all of us who’s dating someone. We can all agree that this is his best relationship yet, and now it’s going to be somewhat ruined because of this scandal.” Namjoon told them.

 

“Only one dating someone my ,” Yoongi mumbled, earning a death glare from Namjoon.

 

“They can probably power through it together. They seem indestructible as a couple.” Hoseok said.

 

“Do you think Jisoo will be told about him and Moonbyul?” Jimin responded.

 

“I have no idea. I guess we’ll have to see.” Namjoon replied.

 

 

“I have no idea. I guess we’ll have to see.” Jisoo’s manager stated.

 

Jisoo groaned, “What do you mean? You think that there’s actually a chance that this will push back BLACKPINK’s comeback?”

 

They shrugged, “It might. But hopefully it doesn’t. Even I’m tired of hearing the same five songs over and over.”

 

Jisoo was on the way to the YG Entertainment building; Yang Hyun-Suk called her because he needs her to participate in a meeting regarding the recent scandal about her and BTS’s Jin. And just to make things worse, Jin and his boss are going to be there as well. What a grand ol’ time that will be!

 

Before she left, the girls all wished her luck, saying that the scandal will be over in no time. Honestly, this scandal is probably going to have some long-lasting effects on her and BLACKPINK as a whole. This may even effect future promotions! Agh, the horror!

 

“We’re here,” Her manager stated, stopping the car.

 

“I want to die.”

 

“…I mean, we all want the sweet release of death sometimes, but this isn’t that bad. How much sleep did you get last night?” Is the manager used to lines like that from Jisoo?

 

“Three hours.” Jisoo responded.

 

“Ah, so that’s why you’re acting like this.”

 

“And because this whole show is happening to me.”

 

“Don’t curse when you’re in front of your fake boyfriend.”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes, starting to get out of the car, “You really know how to rile me up, don’t you?”

 

“Yup.”

 

Okay then.

 

And so Jisoo went into the YG building, surprised that paparazzi weren’t waiting for her outside. She made her way up to Yang Hyun-Suk’s office, her heart pounding.

 

How could all of this happen to her? Did the media outlets just decide to target some female idol and she just happened to have an encounter with Jin? Is she that easy of a target?

 

Jisoo’s read all of the netizens comments, and they’re pretty harsh. There are comments completely demolishing Jisoo’s character, and then there are the ones that actually like the idea of them dating. It’s a strange mix.

 

Hopefully this will all blow over soon.

 

Knocking on YG’s office door, she waited until she heard the magic words from Yang Hyun-Suk,

 

“Come in.”

 

When she opened the door, she immediately noticed Bang Si-Hyuk and Jin sitting on the couch near Yang Hyun-Suk. I guess YG wants to create a comfortable environment?

 

“You’re surprisingly early.” YG told her, “Usually you’re always late.”

 

Wow, thanks for making her look bad in front of her fake boyfriend, YG.

 

Jisoo bowed to Bang PD and Jin, then sat next to (but tried her best to be as far as possible) from Yang Hyun-Suk on the couch.

 

Yang Hyun-Suk pulled out his tablet, pulling up the various articles about Jin and Jisoo, “It seems that almost every media outlet has a story on you two.”

 

“And they apparently have evidence of your supposed relationship.” Si-Hyuk added. Jisoo and Jin exchanged glances, not knowing how to respond.

 

“So let’s just get this straight to the point: are you two dating?” YG asked.

 

“No.” The two replied almost instantly.

 

“Then what’s this?” He pulled up the images from the after party, showing the two of them looking quite close.

 

“Seokjin-ssi helped me when I got my high heel stuck in a sewer grate,” Jisoo explained, “T-They’re my favorite shoes, so I was really grateful when he managed to get it out… That’s why I hugged him.”

 

“Is this true?” Bang Si-Hyuk asked Jin, who nodded in response. “Then what’s this about some vacation you two went on?”

 

“That’s all fake.” Seokjin said, “It’s clear that we were in two entirely different places.”

 

An awkward silence ensued; it seemed that YG and Bang PD were silently trying to figure out how to go about this whole situation. It’s a pretty big scandal. It’ll take a lot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter