:25: "Are you sure?"

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

IMPORTANT: Hello SO I just wanted to write out a little "warning" for those who may be offended by how I worded some things. There are kinda taboo/controversial topics talked about in this chapter, and the way that these topics are described are said in a more "in the moment" way to add to the emotion (this chapter gets a tad dark). Pls don't hate me. K enjoy.

 

Hoseok and Jisoo sat side by side on the bed, staring at the stick that was placed on the bureau across from them. Their fingers intertwined, Hoseok squeezed her hand gently, reassuring Jisoo that everything will be fine.

 

“What do we do if it’s positive?” Jisoo asked quietly, trying to hide the fact that she was freaking out.

 

“We’ll go to a doctor to make sure that it’s right.”

 

“And what if it’s right?”

 

Hoseok thought about it, then stated, “I don’t know.”

 

“I-I’m not ready for this, Hoseok.” Jisoo wearily said. She knows that there’s a lot of taboo with topics like this, and obviously she doesn’t know Hoseok’s stance.

 

“It’s okay. Whatever you want to do, I’ll stand by you.” He smiled.

 

“What would you want to do?”

 

“Me?” Hoseok asked, then shrugged, “I mean… I want to have a future with you, which would probably involve children, but I agree that it’s too early in our lives. Especially since BTS is at our highest, meaning that I’m travelling and promoting all the time. And because BLACKPINK is gaining popularity rapidly. We just don’t have the time… and not enough preparation.”

 

“Okay, because if you said otherwise I would have gone with it.” Jisoo replied.

 

“Just because I wanted to?” Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows when Jisoo nodded in response, “Jisoo, if you didn’t want to and I wanted to, I’d obviously go with your decision. I wouldn’t have forced you to do anything.”

 

Jisoo smiled softly, tears starting to welt up in her eyes, “I just don’t want the public to hate us.”

 

Hoseok wrapped his arm around her, bringing her close to him, “Even if they found out about this, we’d be fine. Sure that may cause us to reveal that we’re dating, but we’d hide everything else. And I’ll be here to protect you, and so will everyone else.”

 

If he’s being honest, Hoseok doesn’t know what’s going to happen, even if it’s negative. Either way this has made them realize to be more careful, even if they’ve been super cautious this whole time. How have other idols handled this so well that it isn’t made public? And is it bad that Hoseok doesn’t want it to be positive? Because isn’t this something that makes people happy? Are he and Jisoo in the minority?

 

Sure Hoseok can see him and Jisoo living their lives together in the future, but, as he said before, the timing just isn’t right. It’s nice that Jisoo agrees, though.

 

But what’s really going to happen if it’s positive? Like Hoseok said, they’re going to have to get it confirmed by a real doctor, but after that… something will come out of it. Something will happen or someone will spill the details about how Hoseok and Jisoo went to a doctor, and BOOM all will be revealed… even if they end up not going through with the process (that is the most un-dark way I could say it oof what is this chapter).

 

 The two sat there for a few more minutes, and then Jisoo looked at the clock, “It’s been five minutes.” She grabbed the stick, refusing to look at it until she was sitting back down next to Hoseok. “…Can you look first?”

 

“How about we look together?” Hoseok suggested, gently taking it from her. Jisoo nodded slowly, and Hoseok began to count down. Right after he said “one”, he flipped it over, the couple staring at it with unreadable expressions.

 

Jisoo rested her head on Hoseok’s shoulder, beginning to weep again. Hoseok bit his lip, trying to prevent himself from crying as well; he’s trying to be strong so Jisoo doesn’t get the wrong idea.

 

“I’m so sorry,” Jisoo said, “I’m so dumb. I should have remembered and,”

 

“Hey, hey, hey,” Hoseok kissed her on the forehead before he kneeled in front of her, wanting her to look at him in the eyes, “Nothing here is your fault,” he gently wiped away her tears, “Don’t be down on yourself, okay? There’s no need to be sad.”

 

“I-I’m not happy though,” Jisoo muttered.

 

“And you don’t have to be.” He grabbed her hands, “But let’s call your doctor, okay?”

 

She nodded, and Hoseok brought her up to hug her. Hoseok tried his best to hold back tears when he heard Jisoo sniffle and sob, holding her tighter when she trembled. “Could you get my phone? I-It’s out on the kitchen counter,” Jisoo said quietly.

 

“Of course,” He replied, letting her go, “I’ll be right back.”

 

Jisoo plopped onto the bed, staring at the blank ceiling above her. She felt a strange mixture of emotions. She knew that none of them were joy, though, and she felt guilty for not having even the slightest amount of happiness in her. Her brain created a scene of her mother telling her that she wasn’t happy at all when she found out that she was pregnant, making the tears spill out of Jisoo’s eyes even more. Is this how she’ll feel in the future when she actually wants to have children? Not happy because she’ll have the constant reminder of the one she had to get rid of? Jisoo shook her head, trying to get rid of the terrible thoughts. She has Hoseok with her, so everything will be fine. Everything will hopefully be fine.

 

Walking into the kitchen area, Hoseok sighed loudly, wanting to rid of any negative emotions he was feeling. He tried, and failed, to put on a happy face when he spotted Jennie sitting at the counter.

 

“So?” Jennie asked sitting next to Jisoo’s phone. She must have known that Jisoo would send Hoseok out to get it. Hoseok took a few moments to respond, trying to find the best way to say it. But Jennie easily read his expression, realizing, “It was positive.”

 

Hoseok nodded slowly, “Yeah, it was.” He looked across the room to see Chaeyoung and Lisa looking at him with shocked expressions.

 

“Is she okay?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Of course not,” Lisa answered Chaeyoung quietly, nudging her.

 

“It’s fine,” Hoseok stated, again trying to act strong, “We’re going to call the doctor.”

 

“No,” Jennie replied instantly, “You don’t want to do that.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You’ll get caught.” Chaeyoung said.

 

Hoseok knew that, but he thought they could have somehow avoided it, “Then what should we do?”

 

Lisa raised her hand, “I know someone we can ask.”

 

“You do?” The three asked.

 

“Yup,” She answered, “I’ll call them right now.”

 

The three watched Lisa dial a number on her phone as she left the room, all of them curious about whom Lisa was calling. Lisa is probably the most connected out of the bunch because she’s so outgoing; during music shows she always goes to each artists’ dressing room to greet them and compliment their music. Even when she was visiting Jisoo at Inkigayo she’s do the same thing.

 

Hoseok grabbed Jisoo’s phone off the counter, “I’ll be right back.”

 

Chaeyoung and Jennie waited for Lisa to come back into the room, not knowing what to do. “What are we going to do?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“I don’t know,” Jennie muttered, then said louder, “I feel like something is off.”

 

“What do you mean? Between Hoseok and Jisoo?”

 

“No, of course not.”

 

“So you mean this situation?”

 

Jennie nodded, saying, “I think something went wrong.”

 

Rosé obviously had no clue what Jennie was talking about, “Can you please clarify what you mean?”

 

“Chaeng,” Jennie sighed, “If she was really pregnant, I feel like it would have been a tad happier. Even though it’s clear that neither of them are ready, there’s always a feeling of happiness.”

 

“I guess so,” Chaeyoung muttered, unsure, “But the test was positive.”

 

“So?”

 

Before Chaeyoung could answer, Lisa walked back into the room with a piece of paper. She p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter