P for Point of Views

The ABC Series

24 October, 2010


Author's Note : Well. This time I really want to write a funny piece. Whether it works or not, you'll be the judge.


******************************************************************
Costumes on, make up on, dance memorized. SNSD were all ready for their comeback in Inkigayo. Tae Yeon looked around to check on the members.

“Where’s maknae?” she asked to the general room.

“What? She was just there talking to Hyo Yeon” Sunny answered.

“She left a minute ago to talk with Yoona!” Hyo Yeon said.

“But I haven’t seen her since we arrived here!”

“Well if she’s not here, then she must be only in one place” thought Yuri.

“Ne. Yong Hwa’s dressing room. I’ll go and find her” Sunny offered.

“I’ll come with you unnie” Yoona tagged along.

They met CNBLUE at the corner, laughing and joking together without their leader.

“Ah, CNBLUE-ssi, do you see your Hyungsoonim?” asked Sunny, smiling to them all.

After bowing, and in Jung Shin’s case, blushing, Jong Hyun answered, “No, we haven’t Sunny-ssi. We just came back from FT Island’s room”

“Where’s Jung Yong Hwa-ssi?” inquired Yoona.

“He’s still in our dressing room. He seemed to be really starving when we left him”

Min Hyuk pointed to their dressing room direction and nodding, Sunny and Yoona followed them there.

Jung Shin knocked the door, but no one answered.

Suddenly they heard a high pitched scream. Unmistakably, it sounded like Seo Hyun.

Sunny was ready to break the door, but the handle opened easily when she pushed.

The scene that welcomed them was indeed what they feared of.

They saw Seo Hyun lying flat on the floor. Her upper body was covered by her pink jacket but her legs were exposed from the short dressed costume they were assigned to wear. Her hands were up in front of her like she was defending herself. And Yong Hwa was lying on top of her, body pinning her down and both hands were beside her shoulders.

However you saw it, it looked clear that Yong Hwa was on the process of doing something unforgivable.

It crossed Min Hyuk’s mind that they were going to lose their leader because he will be murdered. Seo Hyun looked at them with a wide eyed blank expression.

That was only a second before Yoona screamed, “YA, JUNG YONG HWA-SSI!”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO URI SEO HYUN???” Sunny shrieked.

In a flash, Yoona and Sunny reached them. No one knew where the strength in Sunny came from, but she pulled Yong Hwa off from Seo Hyun and gathered her up from the floor, hugging her as hard as she could. “It’s okay. It’s okay Hyun-ah. I swear to God it’s ok. Unnie will help you, unnie will protect you from him”

“Unnie,” Seo Hyun began, clearing .

“YA, JUNG YONG HWA-SSI!” Yoona screamed from the top of her lungs. “HOW COULD YOU? HOW COULD YOU ATTACK URI MAKNAE LIKE THIS? JINJJA! YOU BASTARD!!! AAARGH I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

“Yoona-unnie,” Seo Hyun started.

But Yoona didn’t hear it, as she was busy hitting any part of Jung Yong Hwa she could reach.

“Yoona-ssi, Yoona-ssi, really, I can explain” Yong Hwa said, defending himself with his hands, but Yoona kept on hitting him. He was sitting on the floor but Yoona never stopped.

“HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN, HUH? HOW? You wait until all the unnies found out! You will wish I kill you first when that happened! JINJJA! DIE!!!!” and Yoona started kicking him while Sunny kept on alternating between hugging Seo Hyun and holding her face.

“Where does it hurt, huh? Tell me Hyunnie, where does it hurt?” Sunny asked.

“Unnie, listen” she tried again.

Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk reached for Yoona and pulled her from Yong Hwa. “YA, YA! ARE YOU GUYS DEFENDING HIM? He attacked uri innocent maknae! He deserves to die!”

“Yoona-ssi, please, stop it. There must be some explanation behind this” Jong Hyun begged.

“Please don’t hurt him” Min Hyuk begged, “He’s our brother. Please forgive him”

“DO YOU THINK THIS WILL END WITH JUST AN APOLOGY?” Yoona screamed.

Jung Shin stood beside Yong Hwa, trying to protect him. “Whatever happened, I’m sure he feels really sorry for it. Really, he’s always responsible. He must have lost his senses for a bit back there”

“LOSE HIS SENSES FOR A BIT?” Sunny bellowed. “And does that mean it’s okay to do that?”

“UNNIE!!!”

Everybody froze.

It was Seo Hyun who screamed.

Had it been in another situation, Yoona and Sunny would fall pell mell out of shock. Because Seo Hyun had never raised her voice like that.

“STOP IT! WHY CAN’T YOU LISTEN TO ME?”

Once more, they all stared in shock at her. Yoona, Sunny, Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk, Jung Shin, even Yong Hwa.

----------------------------------------------

Five minutes earlier 

Yong Hwa sighed in relief as he fully tore the wrapper of the cup noodles. He blew to cool it off and was ready to take his first bite when he heard a voice suddenly said, “Oppa! Stop it!”

He turned around and saw Seo Hyun standing on the door, face smooth and perfect from the make up. His own face lit up. He was ecstatic. It’s been days since they met and he really missed her. “Hi Hyun! You look prêt—“

“I can deal with your greetings later, Oppa, just now give me that cup noodles” she ordered.

“What? This?” he waved the styrofoam cup on his hand. “What’s wrong with this?”

“You’ll die if you eat that”

Yong Hwa had to blink. And blinked again. Really, after spending the night rehearsing like mad for their upcoming concert, he had problems to digest what Seo Hyun was saying.

“I’m going to die?” he asked blankly.

“Yes. Instant food in a styrofoam cup, really! I thought you understood better than this Oppa! It is very unhealthy! Don’t ever eat it again!”

“Oh. Oh it’s that” Yong Hwa nodded. He always knew that Seo Hyun was a big believer of healthy food. Always organic and home made if she could. Maybe that’s the secret of her beauty. When she visited his dorm, she threw out all of their snack and chips. “Too much salt, Oppa, bad for your throat” she informed. True, she brought her boxes of her Mom’s food to change it.

That was all really caring and sweet. But not today.

“Listen, I haven’t had any lunch, so let me just eat this” he said.

“Why can’t you order take out?”

“There’s no time for it”

“Where’s your manager? He should provide you with healthy food”

And here Yong Hwa just had to laugh at her.

“Seo Joo Hyun, we’re not So Nyuh Shi Dae. Our manager is just there to take care of our schedules. He doesn’t treat us like we’re 9 young girls who needed to be looked after” he said, starting to eat his noodles.

“OPPA! I SAID DON’T EAT IT!” she yelled, marching to him and trying to take the cup from him.

Really. He’s a patient man. And it was obvious he’s falling for her and if she asked him to walk to Busan and back again he would gladly say yes. But this is not even funny.

“Get away. I’m starving Hyun! I really am!”

“Give it to me now!” she insisted.

He put the noodles up above his head but she jumped and almost caught the cup. He avoided but she chased him. Annoyed, he pushed her off him. He thought he didn’t use any strength, but she staggered, tried to hold on a chair—a chair with wheels that is—lost her balance, and fell to the floor.

“Be careful!” he said, stretching his hand to catch her. But the soup of the noodles spilled to his hand and then he stepped on a comb and he fell on top of her.

Panicking, she screamed and covered herself with her hands, because, she thought, him falling on top of her must hurt a lot.

They heard the door burst opened and Yoona screamed, “YA! JUNG YONG HWA-SSI!”

--------------------------------------------

“I only stumbled and I fell. He tried to help me, but lost balance too”

“Ah” Sunny chuckled in embarrassment after the explanation, holding the back of her neck and bowed down several times to Yong Hwa. “Mianhamnida, I didn’t know about that—We thought you were attacking uri Hyun”

“You should have listened to explanations first, Unnie” Seo Hyun scolded.

“Mianhamnida, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi” Yoona swallowed, face rather pale. “I hit you a lot. You must be hurting”

Yong Hwa shook his head, “It’s okay. You both were just worried”

“Yoona unnie, how could you hit someone without letting him say anything”

“Ah. I thought he attacked you and I felt just—er, mianhamnida” she bowed again.

“Hyung, I thought we were going to lose you” Min Hyuk confessed.

“Ne, they looked like they were ready to shred you to pieces” Jung Shin added, “Did she hit you so bad?”

Yoona and Sunny laughed awkwardly and bowed again.

“I think—I think we better go” Yoona announced, restless to hide in embarrassment. Maybe she would never have the face to face CNBLUE ever again.

“You’re right. Come back quick, okay, Hyunnie? Our performance will start soon”

With a last apologizing bow, Yoona and Sunny fled from the room.

Seo Hyun had a happy chance to throw the offending instant noodles to the nearest bin. And Yong Hwa sighed in frustration.

“Really, what bad luck” he said. “I was hit by your unnies, got yelled at, and now I'm still starving. Do I get to attack you, at least?”

Seo Hyun’s eyes went wide in disbelief. Three of his dongsaengs cringed from his last question. Jong Hyun covered his ears, Jung Shin blushed (again) and Min Hyuk shivered, “Oh you’re weeeeird Hyung!”

“Can I?” Yong Hwa asked to Seo Hyun again, staring straight to her eyes and smiled seductively at her, pretending they were alone in the room.

That made his three dongsaes ran out from the room. Seriously, their leader got a manic obsession case. He had no shame anymore.

Looking at the door that was banged in a hurry, Seo Hyun shook her head in amazement. Gritting her teeth, she asked, “Yong Oppa, have you lost your mind? How could you talk so mushy like that in front of them? What are they thinking now?”

Yong Hwa grinned in mocked victory. “Serves you right for robbing one lunch. Omo, I’m starving! If I faint during MCing, it would all be your fault”

“Wait here, I’ll get you one of our lunch boxes”

“Oh geudae? Great, I’ll wait”

Seo Hyun went out and came back bringing four lunch boxes containing a healthy portion of rice, meat, vegetables, and fruit.

“Excellent. And now, if you’ll just sit here while I eat, and postponing that speech about eating healthy, Hyun, you’ll make my day”

Grumbling, Seo Hyun sat down and let him eat first. Whatever lecture she had on the tip of her tongue could be said later.

Smiling from ear to ear, Yong Hwa took the first bite.

“Look at your food, Oppa. You’ll make a mess if you keep on staring at me like that”

PS : Please comment if you like this. Thank you so much.