K for Keynote

The ABC Series

Yong Hwa met Hyo Yeon accidentally, when he craved for coffee and she was there near the coffee dispenser as they take a break during one of the year end award shows. He bowed politely with an “Annyeonghaseyo Hyo Yeon-ssi”. She cheerfully replied with a bubbly “Oh, hi! Yong-seobang! You’re here for coffee too!”

“Ne” he answered.

“Ah. I’m so sleepy, you know. We just arrived from Japan this early morning, took a shower, dressed, and ran back here”

“I heard”

Hyo Yeon laughed. “Yeah. You must be well informed”

They continued to sip their coffee in comfortable silence until Yong Hwa asked, “Does she like me too?”

And Hyo Yeon choked and coughed on her coffee, sputtering and almost spilled the rest of her coffee to the floor.

Yong Hwa immediately took her cup and offered a handful of tissues, apologizing profusely.

Hyo Yeon finally stopped coughing and, with red eyes, she shook her head in disbelief.

“What? Do you feel insecure?”

He smiled and shrugged.

“Yong seobang!” she pointed directly at him, “I thought you two are together!”

“We are”

“Then why the silly question?”

“I just. Don’t know. It seems that my feelings and her feelings are—you know. I feel that I like her much more than she likes me”

“You’re a fool” Hyo Yeon concluded.

“I guess I am”

“You want an insider’s info?”

“Very much so, yeah”

Hyo Yeon took a deep breath. “Okay. Here we go. Her cellphone wallpaper? It’s you. Her ringtone? It’s I Don’t Know Why. She talks about you like she has never talk about any guys before. She rarely took off the couple ring, she almost killed Yoona one day when she hid it in one of our drawers”

“She went to a beauty salon every time, the day before WGM shooting. Or when she doesn’t have the time, she wore a facial mask the night before she met you. She chose her clothes the day before too. She smiles so wide every time you text her. She ignores all other guys who made a pass at her, lately bravely saying, “Sorry, I’m not interested”.

Hyo Yeon stopped to breathe, “You do know she’s crazy about vitamins and health drinks right? She always buys for all of us unnies too, but lately, she bought for you too, piled it up in one cute bag and gave it all to you when you meet. She loves music and the CD’s that never left her bag are CNBLUE’s. Oh, your Japan’s guide books are always inside, too. She wore the necklace from you when she met her parents. She played Love Light on the piano to practice. You should listen to her, it’s amazing. She wore the color blue very often. She’s reading romance. She could watch romantic movies with Tiffany now, without complaining that it’s impossible or too cheesy. Usually she just sat beside Fany and read” Hyo Yeon paused.

Yong Hwa stood, motionless, drinking in the information.

“She hears Banmal Song before she goes to sleep” Hyo Yeon said, voice soft and exasperated. “Wanna hear more?”

He shook his head.

“Good. I don’t want to exhaust my voice. I still have to sing after this”

He nodded.

“Next time we meet, if you ask the same question again, I’m going to kick your knee, Yong-seobang! Really!”

He nodded again.

“Okay now. I have to go. It’s nice meeting you. Though it’s frustrating. A bit. I’ll see you around” Hyo Yeon turned and walked away. Knowing full well that Jung Yong Hwa was still standing there, looking at his cup.

Hyo Yeon shook her head again, as she quickened her steps. Stupid guy. How Hyun will react, if I tell her? Ah. I’m so jealous. When will I have my own Jung Yong Hwa?