O for Only for You

The ABC Series

"Sometimes" by Seohyun and Tiffany

***************************************************************

The coincidence of all coincidence was that SNSD and CNBLUE had the same schedule at SBS during the same time. SNSD was there for a talk show, and CNBLUE to promote their new single. The shows were shot around the same hour and thus finished almost simultaneously, to the delight of our two friends who concluded that it meant another chance to meet up and have some quality time.

Before Yong Hwa started his show, he received a text message : “After you’re done, can you please come to Kim Jung Eun’s unnie Chocolate Studio? I want to give you a little gift”.

He replied, “Why the random gift?”

“Just because. You’ll come, Oppa? If you won’t I’ll just give it to another guy” the text said.

“Over my dead body. I’ll be there. Don’t go anywhere before you see me”

“Algesseumnida”.

And that was that.

He opened the studio door, on the way that Chocolate audience usually come in, only to find the place was dark and empty. Puzzled, he called out, “Hyun?”.

He thought he heard a flick and some bustling and suddenly the stage lights were on, one by one, illuminating, Tiffany on stage, all smiles and a wave, holding a mic saying,

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi”

Yong Hwa laughed and bowed.

“Uri maknae has prepared a very special gift for you!” at that, several SNSD members who sat on the seats at the middle left cheered, “She has sincerely made a hard effort and we are happy to help her. So please sit down and enjoy the show”.

You mean like, she’ll sing for me? She especially prepared to sing a song for me? Wow, that’s cool! 

It went dark again, and he sat up on one of the chairs. An intro started. It sounded vaguely familiar. The lights went on again, to show Seo Hyun at the center of the stage, with Soo Young and Yoona on her left and right. They began to dance. She began to dance. And started the first verse :

“You tell me you’re in love with me. Like you can’t take your pretty eyes away from me. It’s not that I don’t want to stay. But every time you come to close I move away” she sang, her clear voice blended nicely with the music, and Yong Hwa’s breath was caught.

He had asked her several times to dance for him, but she always refused. So this is a sweet payment.

She turned and her hair flew like a curtain around her face.

“I wanna believe in everything that you say. ‘Cos it sounds so good. But if you really want me, move slow. There’s things about me you just have to know”

His heart leapt every time she pointed directly at his direction every time she mentioned “You”.

Her unnies who danced with her, were worth to admired upon. Sooyoung moved ily effortlessly and Yoona’s smooth sways were to die for. But unfortunately, he had eyes only for his girl. He would still love it if she just hummed. As long as it’s for him. But a fully prepared performance aimed only for him? He was blown away.

He realized he must be gaping but couldn’t care less, as he sunk himself more in his chair, knowing that she must be telling him something with this song.

“Sometimes I run, sometimes I hide. Sometimes I’m scared of you. But all I really want is to hold you tight, treat you right, be with you day and night. Baby all I need is time”


I don't wanna be so shy
Every time that I'm alone I wonder why
Hope that you will wait for me
You'll see that you're the only one for me


I wanna believe in everything that you say
'Cause it sounds so good
But if you really want me, move slow
There's things about me you just have to know


Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you righ
Be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time


Just hang around and you'll see
There's nowhere I'd rather be
If you love me, trust in me
The way that I trust in you


Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right
Be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

 

 

That must be the sweetest dance SNSD had ever created, as she smiled through it and the lights faded out. Her unnies screamed and cheered and some of them said, “Hyunnieee!!!! Saranghaeeeee!!!!” while Yong Hwa tried to gather his thoughts together and approached the stage.

He was positive, he could write a thousand and one songs, but this girl will forever be able to send him speechless. He looked up, grinned giddily, opened his mouth to form a praise that was at the tip of his tongue, yet, he closed his mouth again, finding nothing adequate to say at all. Seo Hyun was openly laughing at him as he finally reached up and clasped her hand.

“Aren’t you going to say anything?” Seo Hyun tried, giggling already. “This is disappointing”

“So, um…” he began, clearing his throat and intertwining their fingers, because honestly? She was standing above him with all her glory. And she was hoping he would keep his head steady? What nonsense is that?

“A little gift, huh?”

“Yes”

“Not enough, I want more”

“What?” she asked, incredulous but her smile widening.

“Yeah. If you put up your mind to entertain me, then do me the favour, dance Genie and Hoot too. Oh and Gee too!”

“Ah, jeongmal! How ungrateful!” she protested, kneeling to sit on the stage, to be in his eye levels.

He looked at their clasped hands and asked, “What’s this supposed to mean?”

Seo Hyun shrugged, “I’ve told you, it’s a little gift”

“Jashik!” he muttered, voice overflowed with affection, as he caught some strands of her hair and put it behind her ears.

“And a premiere show” she continued. “I might perform this on our next world tour”

His eyes turned to slits. “You’re planning to show this to several thousands of guys all over the world? How generous”

“But you get the premiere show”

“True” he nodded. “That was awesome, by the way”

“Gamsahamnida” she answered.

He stepped closer, “If I kiss you here and now, will your unnies freak out?”

“They definitely will” Seo Hyun said seriously.

“I’ll just buy you dinner then”

“I’d like that” she said, leaning on him to go down from the stage.

“And take you to a dark, deserted corner afterwards”

After a proper slap on his arm, he laughed out loud.

“They’ll find me and drag me from you”

Yong Hwa gave a shocked expression, eyes bulging and face cracking to a huge grin, “Seo Hyun-ssi, you mean if there are no unnies, you’ll go with me to a dark, deserted corner?”

Seo Hyun’s unnies could hear her loudest screams yet, of a, “OPPA! JEONGMAL! YOU’RE CRAZY!”.

And Yong Hwa’s laughter was never ending.