L for Love Match

The ABC Series

3

Jung Yong Hwa just got home with two bags full of groceries. He congratulated himself just for being able to open the front door by himself.

“I’m home!” he announced loudly.

No answer came, so he immediately searched the apartment for her.

His heart completely stopped when he found his wife. She was sitting on the top of a ladder, holding a broom to—
maybe—take something from above their wardrobe.

He almost screamed. But clamped his mouth shut. If she was surprised, she’d fall. He was positive about that.

So he carelessly discarded the grocery bags on the nearest table, and came to his wife, his heart beating madly in his chest, afraid that she’d fall any second.

“Hyun, what do you think you’re doing?” he asked in a normal tone—albeit a bit panicking—after he managed to reach her.

She looked down and calmly asked, “Oh, hello, Oppa. You’re home?”

“Seo Joo Hyun!!! Don’t hello me! I asked, what do you think you’re doing?”

“There’s a spider web hanging above our wardrobe. I hate it”

“And how did you get this ladder here?”

“I dragged it”

“Seo Joo Hyun,” he began, willing himself not to shout to his wife, “Are you forgetting that you’re seven months
pregnant?”

“Ne? Of course not! Why would I?”

“Pregnant women shouldn’t be sitting on high ladders and dragging heavy things” he reasoned.

“Ah!” she let out victoriously. “I got it!” and she held the broom down, with a long, wide, spider web at the end.

“Get down now. Nice and slow, come on, I’ll hold you”

“De”

And to Yong Hwa’s horror, she stood up at the top step, turned around, and started to climb down. He didn’t know what to do except opening his hands wide, hoping to catch her if she falls.

He swore that Seo Hyun sometimes forgot that she’s not super slim and dancing on stage anymore. Sometimes she moved as though she could run and hop and skip for the rest of the day. She’s too used of strutting around with high heels. Slow and careful were just not in her dictionary.

She safely stood on the ground again and Yong Hwa let out an “Oh my God. I almost died”

“Stop making such a fuss. I’m perfectly alright. I just forgot I haven’t cleaned up there for a long time. I’m too busy with the baby’s room lately”

“You’re not going to go to high places or carrying heavy things ever again”

“Ahrasseo”

“Really, Hyun! You’re not supposed to do that! Do you know how dangerous is that? What if you fall and I’m not here to help you?”

“Alright, Oppa. I won’t do that again, set your mind at peace”

“You really shouldn’t do that!” he said, gripping both her elbows, feeling crazy imagining bad things to happen to her while he’s away.

“Stop scolding me. I’m carrying your baby” she pouted.

He sighed and finally chuckled. Patting her chubbier cheeks, he said, “Fine. Okay. Just—take care of yourself and be careful”

She nodded.

“Did you buy the goguma?” she asked cheerfully, as though she didn’t just make her husband almost passed out of shock.

“I did. You’re hungry again?”

“Ne” she affirmed, walking happily outside of the bedroom, in search of her favorite snack.

Yong Hwa shook his head and followed her outside.

*******************************

2

They were sitting side by side on their dining table, as she was looking critically at his tab screen. It displayed Yong Hwa laughing and leaning very close to his latest series co-star. Rumors wildly spreading that Yong Hwa was having an affair with her.

“We were not alone, there were a lot of filming crews around us”

“You’ve said that already”

“I didn’t do anything”

“I’m sure you didn’t”

“Then stop looking at this silly picture, Hyun! It’s just those paparazzi who got no other job to do than trying to ruin our life!”

“I know. It’s just that, even before we got married, this girl already said to everyone who would listen that she’s such an avid fan of you……”

“So?” Yong Hwa challenged impatiently, “I have a lot of fans. And so do you. If we get angry every time any fans make a pass to either one of us, there’ll be no end of it!”

“Oppa….be honest to me, did she ever try anything during the shooting? Anything to gain your attention?”

They exchanged a long look.

This just wouldn’t do. She knew me too well.

“Well, alright” he sighed heavily, “she did”

“Hm”

“But it doesn’t work, okay? I have you so why the hell would I—“

“What kind of things?” she pressed.

“You don’t need to hear it” he coaxed, her arm in an attempt to pacify her.

“I want to” she insisted, in her tone of don’t-mess-with-me-oppa-or-else.

“She….talks with aegyo….”

She raised her eyebrows.

“She……cooked me things. Which I shared to everybody on set and only ate one bite just out of politeness”

“Does she cook well?”

He swallowed from her sharpening gaze.

“A little…..”

“Hm. Anything else…..?”

“She uh—dressed up. You know…..like trying to be pretty. It’s useless anyway, since she had to change for the
shooting every time she arrived on set”

Seo Hyun sized her husband up, trying to find any trace of hidden affection.

“It has no effect on you?”

“Ah jinjja!” he exclaimed, getting more and more upset.

“Just answer me”

“Yes it has! Yes, what she did get a lot of effects. I’m terrified of your reaction. I thought whether you'll be angry or not, will
you be sad or not when you listen to this? And seriously, Hyun, it’s just too damn stupid and useless to get disturbed because of that!”

She said nothing, just kept listening to him.

“I mean it, okay, she’s nothing except a colleague. While you, you’re everything!”

She kept staring at him, and Yong Hwa swore if she kept doing that he’d start to proclaim saranghae non-stop until she felt all better.

Finally, she patted Yong Hwa’s cheek, “Ahrasseo, ahrasseo, I get it. I’m not angry at you. Just at this rumor. Now let’s stop this, okay? Help me clear the table, please. I’ll wash the dishes now”

“Let me wash it tonight”

“Aigoo, gwaenchana. I’m perfectly fine”

He piled the dishes and brought it to the sink, and spent the night tailing his wife everywhere around the apartment, wanting to make sure she was not unhappy.

*******************************

His jaw dropped when he saw her dress for the Golden Disk Award. He didn’t see her dressing up, he was waiting while watching TV. And now that she was completely done, he felt air was cruelly lacking in his lungs.

That would be the iest dress she had ever worn. Ever. Sum up all of those times since she debuted as Girls Generation, all of the times she went to awards and premieres, even all of her Girls Generation costumes, it all paled to this particular dress.

It was black, with glitters all over it, with a neckline that will make Britney Spears wanted to wear it, and the length just reached a little above her middle thigh, displaying her amazing, white, long pair of legs.

“Hyun?”

“Yes, Oppa?” she asked calmly, wearing her earrings that was silver and dangling on her ears.

“What are you wearing?”

“A dress, Oppa”

“I don’t get it. You want to wear this to the awards? It’s as short as all of your lingeries!”

“I know”

“And you expect me to let you out of the house with that?”

“You have to”

“Over my dead body!”

He walked to her.

“Don’t tell me this got anything to do with that rumor”

“Well, as a matter of fact, it does”

“What are you trying to imply?”

“I think it’s time for me to give a counter attack to all of those girls who are out to get you. That you have a much,
much better one at your own house”

“But Hyun, everybody knows that already! There’s no need for you to do this!”

“Waeyo?”

“I don’t want all of those guys ogling at you in this!” he protested, folding his hands.

Seo Hyun attacked him with a weapon that mostly got her to win everything against him. She smiled a winning smile,
voice dripping with aegyo, saying, “Oppa…what are you afraid of? This wedding ring I’m wearing got your name on
it”.

“Ah, really, Hyun! I could say the same thing to you!” he fought back, though they both knew he was done for.

“Shall we go?” she asked.

“Fine. Alright” he relented, turning his heels to the door while she followed.

********************************

It wasn’t just his imaginations, the press really snapped pictures more than they ever did. Ever since they got married for real, the press followed everywhere they went. But that night, with Seo Hyun wearing that dress, they went wild.
She was not particularly trying to tone down the situation, as she posed left and right, smiling bright to every blitz and cameras, flashing that seducing pink lipstick.

The itch to just jump and cover her with his jacket was so tremendous that he felt his jaw was starting to hurt. Between the shouts of their names, Seo Hyun just kept posing while holding his hand, she even listened when somebody yelled that she should put her hand around his waist and posed more intimately.

“Geumanhe, I think the world gets your message”

She turned to him, still smiling, “Do you think so, Oppa?”

“I’m very sure”

“Alright”

And with that, they finally walked in to the building.

******************************

Even her SNSD unnies and his CNBLUE dongsaes were speechless when they saw her dress. She acted all innocent like she was covered from head to toe. She was appointed a seat in CNBLUE's row. So there they were, sitting together while everybody was giving greetings to everybody else, and the awards started.

As the first group sang, Yong Hwa bent to talk to her. “You’re lying, right, when you said you’re not angry? I get it now, you’re furious”

She smiled and flipped her hair, crossing her legs and flirting with him for all the hidden cameras to see, as if he was single and she was out to get him, smiling, “I am. Of course. It’s my right”

He shook his head and patted her knee.

******************************

“Good luck” he whispered, before she went to change her costume with her unnies.

“I’ll sing and dance only for you”

Yong Hwa swore he blushed, hoping no cameras caught that. But he wouldn’t get his hopes too high, the cameras always ended up taking everything, whether he wanted to or not.

SNSD’s single was another happy, cheerful one, that got their fans even more in love with them. The dance were cute yet appealing at the same time, making the fans screamed for their idols, including CNBLUE who were busy clapping and chanting, “So Nyuh Shi Dae!!!”

She changed back into her dress and sat with her unnies when CNBLUE performed.

It was another cool rock song, and Yong Hwa was looking even better than ever, with his trademark intense stares and smirks.

He couldn't control his expression while singing, she thought. He should have. His smoldering stares were dangerous. She whined inside as he winked, her heartbeats were so loud, she could hear it amidst the loud screams of the fangirls.

******************************

The second they got home, Seo Hyun was saying “Chukkae, Oppa, for winning Daesang awards! I’m so proud of—“ when Yong Hwa grabbed her waist and started to madly kiss her.

He was uncontrollable, as though gulping her down, pushing her to the wall.

She pulled out and took a breath, “So this is why you wanted to left the after party early?”

“I don’t know what I’d do out there if you keep smiling at me in this devilish dress. I was the one who had to endure sitting beside you all night! What were you thinking? Do you realize just what you were doing to me?”

“Well, this consequence did cross my mind……”

He cursed something incoherent as he undressed her, panicking as the urge to have her right then and there almost made him out of his mind.

She laughed as he lowered her down to the floor. “Not even walking me to the bedroom? Aigoo….”

“Your fault!” Yong Hwa said, covering her body with his.

She hugged him closer and kissed him back.

“Let’s get you pregnant tonight” he whispered on her lips.

“Okay, Yong Oppa, whatever you want” Seo Hyun responded in satisfaction, as her husband started to make love to her, and she smiled to something that she alone understood. Victory, was, indeed, so sweet.

*****************************************

1

“I want you to wear that wedding dress. I can’t explain why. You just have too!” he insisted, two months before their wedding day took place.

They just got back to her apartment after visiting the same boutique where they chose their outfits for their WGM photoshoot.

“I know you love that dress, Oppa. But somebody else had bought it. So maybe you could choose something else”

“No” he was adamant, “then make a dress exactly like that”

Seo Hyun sighed. “I just realized that this is really a big deal to you”

“It is. You’re going to get your wedding dreams. You can arrange it anyway you want. Just—make me happy and wear that dress on our wedding day. Fulfill my dream too, Hyun”

She laughed. “Alright, alright. I’ll just give a boutique that video, you know, our photoshoot episode. And ask them to make one exactly like that”

“Give the pictures too, to make them see the details, I still have mine so—“

“I still have mine too!”

He stopped and grinned, realizing how he was behaving.

“We really are getting married, aren’t we?”

“Ne”

“We’ve come a terribly long way”

“Right, Oppa. A long way, filled with happiness but also sadness”

He moved forward to hug her, caressing her hair. “I’m so glad we’ve managed through all that. Sometimes I thought we’d fall apart”

She hugged him back, feeling content and complete, “I’ve had my doubts too. But it’s just impossible to love someone else after the show ended, Oppa. Everything you did for me….. You’re the first and the last. It’s just how it’s supposed to be”

“When I start to think of your admirers, Hyun……Sometimes I couldn’t sleep for days after some pictures surfaced of you with someone else…..”

“They are just……you know……Not you. So you really shouldn’t worry at all. It was me who had to worry of your ever increasing fangirls”

He laughed.

“Thank God it’s only two more months now”

She laughed too, and nodded. “Before our happy ending starts…..”

“Oh. That sounds so good!”

Seo Hyun entwined her fingers with his, making their rings clicked.

“I’ve never said this before, Oppa. But I’m so lucky that you love me”

“Yah. Are you trying to make me cry?”

“Aniya! Jinjja! I’m so grateful for everything. For this journey with you”

“Hey, I’m the one that hit the jackpot here” he said, kissing her hand. “I got to marry Seo Joo Hyun for real!”

“Well, maybe we’re both lucky”

They snuggled together on the couch, satisfied to gaze into each other eyes. They spent a lot of time like that. Just doing nothing except looking into each other. In that simple gesture they saw the beauty of their lives unfolding, through everything that happened between them, their first meeting, their process of getting to know each other—though also for worldwide consumption—and the painful period of missing each other terribly because of their obligations as stars, having to hide everything when all they wanted was just to spend time together, and finally the green lights from both their managements, after they proved how they respect their career.

It was indeed a happy ending, of a story worth telling, about two people that were so different yet matched each other so much they believed they were made for the other.

It was a terribly long, and far from easy journey. But they have prevailed, believing that as long as they love each other, they would fulfill their dream.

Of forever, together.

It was their happy ending.

********************************



Author's Note :

19 March 2011

After reading what a lot of people said in Yongseo's thread at Soompi, I  wrote this. I  just want to make you smile. Dry up your tears. Smile Gogumas! Yongseo is beautiful, they have created a world where we fans meet, get to know each other, and love them together. I  know what I  see. I believe in them. They are too real to be fake. Let's pray for their real happy ending. Himnae, Gogumas!