V for Visit

The ABC Series

Maybe because it’s a routine, Yong Hwa woke up when his cellphone vibrated. Searching under the pillows, he finally found it and opened the message.  
 

He read the text, “Oppa, I have time this morning. If I remember correctly, you have time to until 1 PM, right? Can I come to your dorm?”.

Yong Hwa sat up with a start. And dialed his number one on speed dial. Voice slurred with sleep, he half barked to his phone, or rather, to the girl on the other line.

“Hyun-ah, are you freakin’ kiddin’ me? How could you put a prank on me like this, and this early in the morning, too!”.
 

“Good morning, Yong-oppa”.
 

“It’s not funny”.

“What is not funny?” Seo Hyun asked calmly, and he could hear the juicer purring in the background, which meant she was making her morning portion of juice.

He lied again on his bed. “Saying you want to come here”.

“But I really want to come this morning to your place, Oppa. Maybe in an hour”.

“What?! Hyun-ah, as much as I want you to come here and lock you in this apartment forever, you can’t do that” he stated, “Imagine what scandal it would cause for you!” 

“And sorry for being rude, I’m not fully awake for manners yet. It’s just that you know us not being able to often meet outside the show has always been sensitive for me and why did you just had to—“

“Oppa, you came to my dorm, remember?”

“But that’s different, Hyun”

“Why can you do that, and not me?”

“Because, Hyun, you’re more famous than me”

“That’s nonsense”

“Really, if you come, it will be all over the internet in 15 minutes. I will get nightmares imagining you will get scolded by your management. You can’t come here”.

“I can, Oppa. And I will”.

“Your manager will never let you”

“Funny, he’s the one who will drive me to your place”.

“He what? Has he got mad? I thought he exists to avoid you making any scandal?”

“Aigoo. You don’t want to meet me, Oppa, is that it? You have other plans?”.

“Stop joking around. I’ll cancel anything just to see your face. Just be careful, okay?”

“Ne” and she hung up.

And then Yong Hwa laughed victoriously to his ceiling. “Wahahaha. She offers to come here! She wants to see meeeeeeeeeee!”.

And reality sank in. “Wait. Did she said something about an hour? !”.

He jumped from his bed and ran to the bathroom outside. He passed a bleary eyed Min Hyuk when he grabbed his towel.

“Hyung? I thought we have no schedule until tonight?”

Yong Hwa grumbled as an affirmation.

“Then what are you running about?”

“Seo Hyun’s coming!” he said behind the bathroom door.

“Mwo? Hyungsoonim is coming?”

When Yong Hwa got out of the bathroom, Jong Hyun was yawning on the sink, washing last night’s dishes, while Jung Shin was taking every misplaced things to place, like shirts and jackets, while Min Hyuk was busily wiping the table until it shone.

“Um, can you guys go?” Yong Hwa asked.

“What? But Hyungsoonim’s coming!” Min Hyuk pointed out like it was first grade’s Math.

“Yeah. And she wants to meet me. Go to the gym and do something useful”

After grabbing their bags, they were practically thrown out of the dorm.

They all leaned to the wall and yawned again. Exhausted from yesterday's schedule and the practice until after midnight.

“Hyung is so mean” Min Hyuk protested.

“He wants her all by himself. But that’s easy to understand. I just wish I could still sleep” Jong Hyun commented.

“Anybody cares for breakfast?” Jung Shin asked.

“Maybe we could find breakfast and then go to FNC studio to sleep” Min Hyuk suggested.

“Good plan. Let’s go” Jong Hyun agreed and walked to the elevator.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good morning!” Seo Hyun greeted cheerfully, all bright smiles and sparkly eyes.

“Morning”

“Have you eaten breakfast?”

Yong Hwa shook his head.

“Good. I brought you breakfast and juice. Today it’s orange and apple”

“Ah. Gomawo” he said, and followed her to the kitchen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seo Hyun was reading her notes when they sat together on the floor, legs outstretched and comfortable.

“Do you really have to go to university in an hour?”

“Yes. Waeyo?”

“Don’t go”

“You don’t want me to graduate?”

“I don’t want all those guys to stare at you in class”

“Girls stare at you all the time too”

“Why can’t you just take your degree online?”

Seo Hyun smiled but continued to read her notes.

He picked up his guitar and started to strum it. She looked at him and they held each other’s eyes for several seconds before he started to sing Love Revolution.

“I want you in my life….”

If there was any form of teasing Seo Hyun couldn’t stand, it was Yong Hwa singing for her like that. She would turn into all shades of crimson and got embarrassed, but at the same time, she felt like she wanted to fly from the attention. She gave up and threw her note to the side, leaned on the couch and watched him sing.

“Neomaneul saranghae….” he sang, and she clapped her hands.

They then smiled to each other and he played the intro of Love Light.

“Oppaaaaa, you’re torturing me!”

His voice reached every corners of the room, blending in nicely with the relaxed atmosphere. And Seo Hyun felt that familiar tingles all over her body. She feels warm and happy.

He stopped singing his chorus. Smirked for one second, and continued the rap part, while she started squealing and giggling softly.

“You’re the president of my heart, I’m genie for you girl…”

Seo Hyun put her hands on her cheeks and squealed openly.

He held her gaze unwaveringly until the last note ended.

“Ah, jinjja! What are you trying to do to me?”

“I’m trying to shoot your heart, Hyun. Bang!” he said, pointing his fingers like a gun.

Seo Hyun gasped and made a fainting move to the couch.

He blew his fingers like it was a smoking gun after an accomplished mission.

“Aigoo, I got shot” Seo Hyun said.

“Well”, he put his guitar aside and grabbed her hand, pulling her to him, “we won’t be seeing each other for a month. You with your Japan debut and me with my showcases. I want to do something that will ensure you’ll never stop thinking about me”

“Oppa, when did I ever not think of you?”

Oh good. Gee, thanks God. Can I fly to seventh heaven now? Yong Hwa spoke in his mind. But instead he said,

“Really? I don’t believe you”

“Quit grinning like that” Seo Hyun warned, as they sat so close their feet tangled together.

“Hyun-ah,”

“Ne?”

“Sing “Oh” for me”

Seo Hyun laughed. But sang anyway, “Oh oh oh oh Oppa neul saranghae….”

“Thank you” he mockingly answered, and she playfully kicked his leg but continued to sing until the chorus ended.

“You know, this is the best moment to kiss you again”

Her eyes grew larger and blushed harder. “No. Please have mercy on me!”

“Why not?”

“If you kiss me now, I won’t be able to concentrate on my class today!”

He exploded in loud laughter and then patted her head. He smoothed her hair with his fingers when he said, “You just watch me. One of these days you won’t be able to refuse. Don’t say I never warn you”.

“Once is not enough?” she questioned, face merely 30 cm away from him.

He made a shocked expression. “Once is never enough! I mean it. You’ll have your second kiss sooner or later. As for me, the sooner the better”.

Can he get arrested for making my heart beat this fast? Seo Hyun asked herself. This act should be illegal. What is he doing to me?

He intertwined their fingers and she could feel her ring and his clinged together.

“Oppa, please don’t forget to wear this ring in your showcase”

“Ahrasso”

“If you forget, I’ll be angry at you” she warned.

“Omo! I miss your death glares! Hahaha!”

“Oppa, I mean it”

He shrugged. “I think my fans know damn well that you got me under your pretty little fingers, Hyun”

She hit his shoulder.

And her phone rang. She picked it up with an apologetic look and hung up after that.

“Time to go?”

“Ne. I’ll see you in a month”

“I’ll call everyday” he promised.

“You have too or else—“

“You’ll get mad, I know”

She stood up and he helped her gather her things. Near the door, he stopped her and kissed her forehead.

“Take care of yourself”.

“You too, Oppa”

While he reached the handle, she tiptoed and kissed his cheek in a rush of spontaneity. Yong Hwa froze and stared at her.

“Great. Now I really want to kidnap you”

“What?” Seo Hyun laughed again.

He cornered her to the wall and trapped her with his hands.

“Oppa, I’m—“

He quickly put his finger on her lips.

“I wish you could understand what effect you have on me” Yong Hwa confessed.

He pressed his body on her and put his forehead on hers.

“You’re amazing, Seo Joo Hyun. You should know that”

Just ten more seconds of this closeness ohpleaseGodletmebe, Yong Hwa thought, as they were separated by nothing except their clothes. He moved her head to her shoulder and breathed in her sweet smell. Breathed in the sweet Seo Joo Hyun.

By that time, Seo Hyun was already breathing shallowly and trembling from head to toe. But she still had the strength to wrap her hands around his waist.

Yong Hwa kissed her shoulder and cheeks.

And then he let go.

“Let’s meet on Chuseok”

Seo Hyun found difficulty in finding her voice but finally managed to say “Okay”.

He unlocked the door and let her go out. One more month of waiting for both of them.