H for He Said, She Said

The ABC Series

OST for Yong Hwa's POV: Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars

1

Sometimes, just sometimes, Yong Hwa wanted to knock some more sense into Seo Hyun’s head. She’s smart and all that, but she should learn about the effect she had on guys. Everytime she smiled, Yong Hwa wanted to freeze time and just to be allowed to admire.

2

Stylist could arrange her hair so that she looked like a Goddess. That first performance of Hoot on Music Bank sent him smiling like a mad man for a good ten seconds. Gorgeous. Those wavy locks fell just so. But it’s the candid moments that always caught him off guard. She was excitedly telling him of the different feeling of taking a stage in Japan and Korea when a breeze past by and her hair blew softly around her shoulders, making a nice frame for her lovely face. He didn’t realize what he was doing until Seo Hyun was oddly looking at him as he ran his offending hand on her hair. “Is there something wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing. I thought there was a lint on your hair”.

3

There’s a reason why he always cracked jokes after jokes for her. His reason was completely selfish. He loved to listen to her laugh. He thought it’s so y.

4

When he seriously thought about it, he might be one of SNSD’s most loyal fan. The way he religiously downloaded every performance since February 2010 proved it. Or maybe, if he wanted to be completely honest, he was the most loyal fan of one SNSD member in particular. Genie had been his favorite. He liked the song, how they (she) kept saying that they (she) would make dreams came true. Oh, hell, stop beating around the bush. He watched every performance because he liked how the dance moves and costume displayed her amazingly white long legs. The High Definition version of the videos could wake him up more than coffee everytime he got tired when composing songs.

5.

Not too long ago, watching all the y girls from SNSD on the internet were one of CNBLUE’s favorite pastime. How they all looked adoringly to their screens would be embarrassing for publics’ view.

Hoot was the first single SNSD promoted on Inkigayo since he was appointed as the MC.

They won Mutizen for three times in a row.

And he gave Seo Hyun the trophy for three times in a row, reflexively standing beside her as she thanked the people that SNSD respected.

He didn’t know it was a fact to be noted, until one day Jong Hyun pointed it out. “Hyung, didn’t you realize, that there were other 8 beautiful girls around you? Why does it seem that Seo Hyun was the only one you see? How come you always gave the trophy to her? Well, I know she’s her, but really, Hyung, was that even polite to the others?”.

“Er? Really? Did I? I guess I did, huh? Um, since no one complained, I guess it was okay?” he answered, half muttering under his breath and wondered had his face started getting redder or not in front of his dongsaeng’s amused stare.

Caught red handed on national TV that was not even related to WGM? Yeah right, Yong, smooth. Really smooth.

 

Seo Hyun’s Version

1.

He confessed several times. In every way he could. But every time, her tongue got tied and locked up in . And she couldn’t utter anything decent. The only things she managed was—after taking long deep breaths—was Thank You, Oppa. It must be frustrating for him, but she hoped he would not give up. Because she was learning to be brave.

2.

His stares were intense. When he started, he didn’t stop. He looked straight at her and she felt she wanted to hide in corners or closets or underneath tables. Just somewhere where she could escape it. Because his stares never wavered. It happened again during dinner as the shooting stopped for 30 minutes, and she tried to eat and pretended that he was looking to the next table, not to her, until he breathed, “You’re beautiful”. And she had to put her spoon down, in case her weak hand dropped it and it would raise questions.

3.

She had been reading Shakespeare since high school just to challenge herself to understand the difficult language. Finally she understood it, but could not get why people said Romeo and Juliet was one of the best romance ever written. Two people loved each other, could not be together because of circumstances, and because of some misunderstanding, ended up commiting suicide. What’s so great about it?

But when she came home for the chuseok holiday, she pulled out Romeo and Juliet from her shelves and reread it. Tears streamed from her face when she finished.

“I understand now” she said quietly, wiping the tears from her eyes. “Not being able to be together must feel horrible”.

4.

Growing up around the best looking guys in the industry made Seo Hyun somewhat immune to appreciate how a guy looked. She was busy learning piano and dreaming to be a diplomat when her sisters fell for first loves and the next and the next. That was why when she found herself admiring how Yong Hwa looked when he arranged their couple song it astounded her. She then concluded that maybe what was needed was not the appearance. But that tingling feeling inside only a special someone could trigger.

5.

Her phone rang after the shooting wrapped up, when Yong Hwa was in the bathroom. “Are you ready? Do you want me to pick you up now?” her manager asked. Seo Hyun crossed her fingers. “It’s not finished yet, Oppa. You can come in an hour” she said smoothly. “Arrasseo” and her manager hung up.

“Are you talking to another guy behind my back?” Yong Hwa teased behind her. She yelped. “It was manager Oppa”.

“Oh. Are you going home soon?”

“He said he’s still stuck in a meeting at SM”

“I see” Yong Hwa said. “Let’s wait together”

“Okay!”

**************************************************************************

Posted on my Livejournal on 16 January, 2011