Act II(2/5)--Damsel in distress

Weaver's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Damsel in distress 

 

After checking with them, Zack decided to rest at his rented room. Before that, he notices a letter in front of the door. It read."Hey Zachary. If you're reading this, me and Jimin went to the market to buy some food suppiles for dinner. And also, do not make any noises as Mina is sleeping. From Hyoyeon," Aware of that, Zack slowly open his door and close it quietly.

"Sure is quiet here," Zack mumbled. He then look out from the window to see the big city of Falconreach, he went to his bedroom and witness Mina sleeping on the bed, peacefully.

"She could have sleep on that couch at the living room. Perhaps she finds it comfortable here." Before he leave, he notices a glow inside Mina's bag. Zack check on it and what was reveal to be a written letter, in draconic language.

"How on earth am I suppose to understand this?" In few moments, Zack had thought something,"Wait, if this is in draconic language, then......,"

Zack's mind brighten,he took his dragon amulet from the bedside table and he placed it on top of the letter, which glows and the draconic words were scarmbled and translated to english. the letter stated,"If you are reading this, the world is in danger. For more information, head to the Surewood forest with this sign," then the sign shows a black dragon head with a golden trim on it. Curious for information, Zack grabs his stuff and exited the room, locking the door quietly to make sure no one breaks in.

While making his way to the exit, someone stood on his way.

"Hey Zack," Someone shouted. 

"Oh hey Sungwoon. Need anything?"

"Do you happen to know where Sejeong went? I haven't see her for a while."

"She left like few hours ago.Sorry man," 

Sungwoon nodded, "Ok,be careful out there," He left. 

Zack exited the Inn and sprint off to the western side of Falconreach. He made out from the western checkpoint and proceed to Surewood forest.

Within few hours, the only thing he can find in Surewood forest is an abandoned hut. Zack carefully approach the door and tried to knock it.

A rectangular peephole was opened and a voice was heard. "What are you doing here? This is no place for travelers like you. So get lose!" the peephole door was slammed.

Zack knock the door again and took a glowing letter from his bag. A peephole was opened, "What do you want, didn't I already told you to get lose?!"

Zack showed the letter to the hut owner,"Do you know any of this?" The owner scanned the letter slowly and closes the peephole.

Few seconds, Zack hears a lot of locks being unlocked and was pulled unexpectedly as soon as the door was opened. The door shut behind him.

"Ok, that was a rough pull you got there," Zack shakes his left arm after he was pulled.

The owner of the house was preparing some refreshments judging by the items that she set up.

"I knew it,"

Zack gave a curious look.

"I knew lady Taeyeon would chose you as our last hope,"

"Ok, how did you know lady Taeyeon?" Zack questioned her.

"Because she told me that someone is gonna save the Lore. So I decided to write this letter that only users that owned the dragon amulet could decipher the message."

Unawares of the owner's Identity, the owner pull out the hood to reveal her short girlish blonde hair.

"The name's Jeongyeon, perhaps I can make tea for you since you're thirsty from traveling here,"

Zack took a sit at the wooden chair that her house provided while she's making tea. She placed the tea set on to the wooden table and sat down in front of him.

Zack sipped his tea and began to ask,"So, can you tell me what I'm up against to save lore?" 

"In case you're unaware," She puts down the cup of tea to the plate,"A Doomknight named K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter