Act II(5/5)--The great escape

Weaver's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The great escape

 

Hearing the scream for the second time, Nayoung and Nayeon prepare themselves for an incoming threat. Nayeon readied her hand to press the lift up button while Nayoung 's eyes glow to summon her stone magic.

Within few seconds, they hear footsteps but at the same time, they heard a voice.

"Guys, the lift, Now!" Zack quickly sprints as soon as Nayeon pressed the lift button to ascend. As the elevator lift off, Zack lunges himself for him to dive to the elevator but was tackled from behind by a vicious witch.

The witch pinned him against the floor and was about to start tearing him until he saw her being knocked out by one of Nayoung's summoned stones.

Once he notices the witch being unconscious, Zack recover himself and climbs up to the ascending elevator. Nayoung and Nayeon assist him.

"Zack, are you ok?" Nayoung dust off dirt from Zack's coat.

"I'm fine. At least I didn't get a scratch," Zack unexpectedly receives a knock on his head by Nayeon. 

"What the hell Zack, which part of 'Don't startle the witch' do you not understand." Nayeon ranted," I swear that you ran off without it, I'm gonna turn you to a rabbit forever."

Zack opened the taken stash and show it to Nayeon. She felt relieved and calm herself down. Nayeon puts the stash into her leather sack and placed it on her back.

"Well now, the hardest part of this mission is to escape the hideout." Zack put on his disguise and grabs Nayeon's arm as a hostage, hoping that they will escape. The elevator reached the top floor and open its doors, two bandits, one with the blue bandana on his arm and the other one has a skull bandana, were standing in front of them.

"Excuse me you two, where are you taking her?" One of the bandits asked her.

"Ummm...." Zack stutter, thinking of an excuse to reason them. Nayoung step in. "She knows where the orb of Eden is. So we'll take her to Leader Tao for the interrogation." The bandits understood and nodded, letting Zack and Nayoung leave with Nayeon without suspicion.

"Wait a minute. Aren't you two suppose to be on prison duty?" the bandit with a skull bandana asked them without looking at them.

"Well, Leader Tao requested us to......"

"I don't remember him giving that instruction to rookies. Only generals will handle that." the skull bandana bandit said with a firm tone, leaving the other bandit confused.

"Unless....," The skull bandana bandit hesitated to figure out this situation. It took him to realize and press his communicator on his ear.

"You're not here to work. You're here to take her because you knew about the kitsune." He looks to a bandit that wore a blue bandana,"Call the guards, we have an intru---" He was interrupted by a devastating punch by Zack, losing his balance and tumble down. He looked up and him bandit a glare, making him leave the mines cowardly.

"Looks like they know you're here."

"Well, we better leave this place before they spotted us." They ran to the light source of the cave and made out. They were about to bring Nayeon to her to call it a day when all of a sudden, an unexpected explosion coming from the bandits' hideout roared. 

Curious about the sound, they slowly snuck in and witness most of the prisoners escaped. Some of them ran from this torture while others chose to fight back.

"What the hell is going on?" Zack's eyes widen when he witnessed Sungwoon joining the battle with his army of illusions of himself. Zack was shocked but at the same time was amazed by his fighting style. Each time Sungwoon hits one of the bandits with his lance, an illusion appear and outnumbered them.

"So this is how he fights huh?" Zack asked.

"That's why he was named 'Phantom Lancer' by the guardians." Nayoung notices some bandits climb up and prepare their bow and arrows to fire.

"Zack, archers are about to attack them. You need to stop them," Nayoung commanded him.

"On it. Just take care of Nayeon," Zack dashes to his objective. While on his way, he unsheathes his soul claws and fends off whoever gets in his way.

Once he reached there, he climbs up on the ladder and gives them a right roundhouse kick that made one of the archers fall. Zack dashes in and slays the remaining archers. Zack can sometimes make use of his Soulweaving magic to form weapons through Soul Threads such as swords, axes or any type of weapons and can also dual wield.  

After a quick battle, Zack r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter