Act III(3/5)--King's Sacrifice

Weaver's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

King's Sacrifice

 

Zack and Mark got of the vent above them and made their way to the exit to escape. The carrier inside is so huge that it may took hours for them to wander around. Well, they have to be more careful as they do not want to alert more guards, including their betrayed squad, to look for them. While zooming around the corners, they spotted an injured soldier whose stomach was bleeding from some kind of a gunshot.

“Lucas!!!” Mark approach to the injured soldier while Zack performed his soulweaving technique and formed a red cloth, covering the soldier's lower torso. “What happen to you?”

“Commander Taeyong founded her and we were about to bring her to the extraction point until he stabbed me here and ran off with her,”

“Are they any others?”

“Nope, just me and you,” Lucas stood up while holding his covered wound, “The ship is here, we can leave.”

“But what about the princess?” Zack question.

“I know where she went, He’s taking her to Swordhaven castle,” Lucas went over to his ship and return back, holding some C4s. “So before we leave, I need you to plant those to the engine room. That should slow them down,”

“ Got it. I’ll be back in few minutes,” Zack took the C4s that Lucas provided and march on to the engine room.

“Wait Zack,” Mark grab his left shoulder. He pulls something from his scabbard and gives him a dagger “You might be needing this. Soulweavers don't always rely on their magic,”

Zack nodded and took the dagger from him.

While on the other hand, Commander Taeyong along with the Jisoo arrived at Swordhaven and landed their dropship at the terrace.

“Thank you for rescuing me from them.The king would be so proud of you,”

“Sure it is,” He gave her a grin. Not knowing her that he had turned his back against them.

Zack continues zooming each of every room to find the engine room for him to detonate through the C4s that Lucas gave him. While speeding his way, he stopped at the mysterious door and opens it, revealing the beasts that were sleeping.

“What the heck are they planning to do?” Feeling suspicious about he encounter, Zack quickly dash through the engine room and successfully plant the bombs on them. Zack leave the engine room but as soon as he saw two guards walking in front of him, he started running. And the worst comes when he heard the alarm tripped.

“Crap,”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Mark and Lucas are waiting for Zack, they decided to open their conversation to make it less boring.

“So, still a private first class?” Lucas flicked his lighter on to his cigarette.

“Yep,” Mark responded.
“Why? I ran some research on the field exams, you’re way above them. You should become a sergeant,”

“Still not sure,” Their conversation was interrupted when Mark’s ear comm was dialled up.

“Hey Mark, Tell Lucas that he needs to start the ship,” He heard Zack panting and breaths through the static comm, “Cause I’m gonna distract them since their too many guards,”

“What about the bombs? Did you plant them,”

“That’s why I inform you, I’m gonna make an explosive escape. Zack singing off,”

“Lucas, we need to get out of here right now,”

“What about Zack?”

“He has his ways to escape. Just start the engine and move,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter