Act III(2/5)--Infiltration

Weaver's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Infiltration

 

Zack groaned as he woke up from a deep sleep that had happened last night. He was still at the same position with the exception that he was laying on the sofa rather than sitting down.He looked up at the wall clock which the short finger pointed at 9 while the long finger pointed at 12, which means it was 9 am in the morning. And that’s Zack realized something.

“Oh, ,” He cursed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good, Get yourselves ready and report to your respective locations,” The hooded person had finished his briefing for the rescue mission of Swordhaven's princess, Jisoo. He walks out of his tent to perform final checks before proceeding their rescue mission but was interupted when he met a Soulweaver.

“I’m sorry but who are you?” the commander asked.

“I’m Zack, I received that---”

“Oh yeah, come with me. I’m Command Taeyong, overall in charge of this squadron,” Taeyong explained to Zack the plan for rescuing princess Jisoo, which involves in using heavy crossbows for soldiers to hop on the bolts and launch themselves, aiming to one of the 5 carriers that were sent for the invasion.

He showed Zack their own Heavy crossbow, a sturdy but powerful bow that can shoot almost anything around 200-250 meters.

“So you expect me to ride that thing?” Zack asked while pointing to the loaded bolt of the crossbow.

‘Of course. Do you have any brighter ideas Galreus?” Asked Taeyong.

“I think I prefer this,” Zack began to feel nervous as he hasn't done any adventures that involves travelling through air. For instance, he was worried that he may fall down and may die due to heavy hit on the ground.

“Hey, what took you so long?” Another member of the Rose with his dagger sheathed on his belt shows up to him with his blonde hair. “Let me introduce myself. I’m Mark Lee, Private first class of the 5th division Rose army,”

“So you must be the one who sent me that yesterday,”

“Correct,”

“Get to your positions already!!”,The Commander gave them orders and the soldiers quickly took their arsenals and went back to their locations preparing the heavy bolts for their ride.

The commander approaches Zack and Mark,“Intel says that the princess was held captive at the 3rd carrier which is behind carrier number 5, the last one. Also, that carrier has a Soulweaving barrier for you to decipher. Good luck you two.”

And with that, Commander Taeyong instructed them to fire the huge bolts for them to send them through the carriers. The speed of it was so fast that it took like 5 seconds to reach there and hit on the lower side of the carrier where there’s a platform that leads to the inside.

Zack got off, feeling a bit sick and went over to the railways and started vomiting.

“Ugh next time, bring a paper bag,” Mark felt disgusted.

“Don’t worry Mark, I can handle this.” Zack closes his eyes and with his eyes open bright red, he was at his soul weaving state. In this state, he makes his nausea fade away and waking up his senses to focus on his task.

“Let’s go,” Zack lead the way along with Mark. While walking silently, they encountered two guards walking towards them and hid behind the edge.

After the guards turned their backs and walk away, Zack and Mark quickly sneak on them and gave them a non-lethal blow that could make them unconscious for few minutes.

“Great sneak attack Zachary,” Mark complimented.

“Not the first time I’ve done that,” Zack grinned at his success. After avoiding them and sli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter