Act III(4/5)--Race through the crown

Weaver's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Race through the crown

 

“Zack, are you there?” He could hear Mark’s voice coming from answering from his ear comm. Since he used up his stamina from stopping a rushing carrier with his raw strength, Zack became weak and his soulweaving magic became tainted.

“Yes I'm here. I'm just staring at the ceiling,” Zack replied.

“We’ll find a way to get inside. So try not to get caught,” Mark ended his call. He and Lucas were still inside the ship finding another route for them to access without getting caught.

“Did he just stop that thing by himself?” Asked Lucas.

“Yep, he goes full spiderman and saved everyone inside the castle.”

But not everyone Zack saved are friendly, he just met up foir rose army guards surrounded him with M16s in their hands.

“Oh come on. I just wasted my energy for that and now you guys? You're wasting my damn time,” Zack muttered as he received a kick from one of the guards, causing him to groan in pain.

The guard was about to give and a second kick until he was hit but small luggage. The three of them check over at the luggage that flew over to the side and when one of them open it, one of them received a huge punch from the technomancer with a mechanized gauntlet. She uses her left hand canon to shoot two guards that were shocked from the surprise.

She got up from the luggage and looked at Zack, laying there like a dead person, “What happened to you Zack?”

“I escaped from those Rose soldiers that wanted to murder me and I stopped that carrier crushing the castle by myself,” Zack told her while not making any eye contact with her, “It’s gonna take few minutes for me to recover my Strength, Yoojung.”

Despite her lack of height, her mechanized gauntlet helps her for combat and also to picked  up Zack and carries him through her left shoulder.

“You know for your short height, you look like a 5 year old kid carrying a big and tall soulweaver,” Zack chuckle from his joke.

“Say that again and I’ll crush your skull into two pieces,” Yoojung gave a glared on him.

“Yikes,”

“So were you of to?” Asked Yoojung. 

“We gotta find Princess Jisoo and stop Kris from taking the King’s crown. They’re at the top section and the Rose are hunting me so we better be care--” He was interrupted when he saw 2 Rose soldiers identified him and signaling his hands for backup, “ they spotted us, head over to the spiral staircase.”

Yoojung opened the door on her left and climbs up all the way to the top of the spiral staircase. Each step they take consumes their energy and sometimes felt dizzy. It’s like running in circles but ascending every spin. Yoojung sat down and took a short rest due to her dizziness.

“I can’t believe I have to aid you and carry you at the same time just to save the princess of Swordhaven and Swordhaven itself,” Yoojung complained. “I mean you can handle this. You have Ignis, your Soul-Ally.”

“He has some errands to do in the elemental plane,” Zack felt something inside of him and when his spiritlooms glows, he eyes glow red. He felt spiritual strength through his body and able to move it.

“Looks like I recovered my strength already,” Zack stood up and dust of his attire, including his black coat, “Let’s save Swordhaven Yoojung,”

Yoojung got off and continued climbing up the stairs with Zack. They arrived at the top of the staircase that leads to the doorway and opened it, revealing a path that leads to the throne room but guards approaching to them at the same time. Unfortunately, behind them was a dead end and the other guards downstairs were blocking.

“Looks like we're screwed. I can't handle a lot of them,” Zack said.

Yoojung smirked “I'm not the only one that aided you,”

And with that, A full black armored knight with a falchion and a huge Celtic shield on both off his hands crashed in from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter