Act II(4/5)--Slient Mines

Weaver's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slient Mines

 

"Zack, are you sure about this?" Nayoung asked him while following him to the silent mines,"It's too dangerous for the two of us to go there. We can request aid from our comrades from Falconreach,"

"Request aid? She'll be dead by the time we arrived with enforcements," Zack quicken his pace but he felt a grip tight from her preventing him from moving forward.

"Zack, are you gonna risk yourself for this?" Nayoung asked him strictly.

"I made a lot of risks back then, including rescuing the villagers when their village is starting burning. And also I mastered the art of soulweaving since 9 years and I can pretty sure I can handle 2 or 3 enemies at the same time" Zack loosen her grip and walk towards the silent mines. 

Nayoung had no choice but to help Zack with his risky mission. They enter to the Silent mine and it was so dark that the only thing they see is pitch black.

Zack, being a soulweaver, can weave anything he like. He started to weave a torch but with more brighter aura than the natural torch. Most of what they found inside the silent mines are mostly coal and iron ores ready to be mined.

"So this is where bandits get their pre-made armory come from," Zack began to hear footsteps coming in front of them and they hid behind a rock beside them hearing their conversation.

"The last one is pretty scary, almost like she was turning to an freak."

"Good thing we shut her down. Women this days......,"

"Leader Tao requested us to interrogate the witch for more information about this thing called the 'Orb of eden'. But right now, I need a lunch break after all this job."

"Me too man,All this work consumes my energy. Hopefully we'll get the job done"

As soon as they left, Zack and Nayoung continued their search and rescue through the cold and dark mines. They soon encountered an elevator that has 3 floors but only the first two floors are accessible whereas the third button says, 'Out of bounds'.

They entered to the elevator and Zack press the second button, hearing the gears shifting which was smooth since most gears were that quiet and it brings down to the second level. They got off from the lift and notice a foul smell coming from the corridors of the mine.

"What's that smell, it's so gross," Nayoung covered her nose. 

"It is kinda gross here," Zack covered his nose with his scarf,"It would be best if we spilt up so we can find Nayeon quickly,"

They both agreed and separate themselves to cover their search rescue more quickly. They went in each of the rooms to discover some malnourished prisoners and torture devices that were used for the bandits to interrogate them.

"Hey Zack, I finally found her. She was at......." but then notices Zack become pale.

"Nayoung do you remember what she said about the bandits used this place for and be killed?" Zack asked without looking at Nayoung, feeling traumatized.

Nayoung nodded.

"That is the outcome and I'm gonna be honest, this was a very unpleasant sight," Nayoung slowly enter the room that Zack went in and to her horror, she witness something nightmarish.

Multiple dead bodies being decomposed and many maggots were feasting over them, giving Nayoung a disgusted and frightened look.

"Hey Nayoung, you said that you found her right?" she nodded, "where is she?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter