003 || Blood

The Heroine


"Who’s that?" Wendy said as she got up and walked over to the door.

 

Irene opened the door and met with familiar looking faces.

 

"Stupid unnie decided to abandon our chicken murder and intrude on your date instead." Joy said monotonously.

 

Irene should have seen that coming. Seulgi was capable of changing desicions in a few seconds.

 

And why, Irene wasn’t even surprised at this point in time.

 

"Welcome?" Wendy said cluelessly.

 

Irene wondered if she was really clueless or was acting clueless.

 

There was a difference.

 

The blonde pulled her to the side to allow space for the new guests to enter. Seulgi was so nervous she almost tripped over Irene’s door mat.

 

"Karma."

 

"Unnie stop sulking, I can’t help it when Seulgi wants to interrupt your date." Joy spat.

 

"What date. Don’t start, Sooyoung."

 

Joy knew that when the older uses her real name, she meant serious business. And she knew that she had better stop or the consequences will be too heavy for her to bear.

 

"So, what's the subject?" Seulgi asked. "We can study together."

 

"Biology." Irene deadpanned.

 

"About blood." Wendy sang out. "And we were talking about the vampire in town."

 

"Wow great coincidence." Yeri said sarcastically.

 

Irene got out her notes and her stationery.

 

Purple.

 

All Wendy saw was purple. Purple book, purple pencil, purple eraser.

 

Never would have Wendy imagined that Irene was such a enthusiast for purple. She made a note to wear purple the next time she wanted to seduce Irene. Not like she would ever get the chance for it, though.

 

"So, basically there are four basic components in our blood." Wendy spoke as she sat down beside Irene.

 

Too close for comfort, Irene thought.

 

Seulgi was already dozing off on the couch in the corner. Joy and Yeri was rummaging through Irene's small kitchen.

 

Sad to say, it was actually as empty as Irene's love life.

 

"There's four basic components of blood. The plasma, the platelets, the white blood cells and the red blood." Wendy smirked.

 

Irene swore she saw a tinge of blue in Wendy's eyes as she turned to look at the other. But it disappeared as soon as it appeared.

 

It must have been my imagination.

 

Irene scratched her head in confusion.

 

"The red that vampires love." Wendy laughed.

 

"Can you stop with the vampire thing? I'm getting tired of it." Irene glared.

 

"Unnie!" Joy shouted from the kitchen. "Can I order chicken?"

 

"As long as you pay for it yourself!"

 

There was no reply.

 

As Wendy continued with the lesson, along with the continuous metions of vampire-related topics, Irene felt a chill down her spines.

 

Did she lock the back door? Were all her windows closed and shut tightly?

 

Thunder struck.

 

That was sudden...

 

A heavy downpour started out of nowhere. Lightning struck, almost hitting the tree in front of the building. The wind howled and blew, the trees bent at a near 45 degree angle.

 

Irene crouched and curled her knees towards her chest, hands over her ears, prepared to block out any incoming thunder.

 

What was going on? 

 

Irene was lowkey glad that Seulgi, Joy and Yeri had decided to come over.

 

She wouldn’t know what to do if she was alone with Wendy in this situation.

 

Ding!

 

"Who could it be in the midst of these heavy storm?" Wendy asked.

 

"Maybe Joy called delivery." Irene stood up and walked towards the door.

 

"And it’s delivered in such a weather?"

 

Irene shrugged and looked into the peephole, again.

 

"It’s delivery."

 

The raven haired pulled open the door to reveal a man carrying a box of chicken.

 

He was smiling at Irene.

 

Smiling way too creepily.

 

Irene just ignored it. She often get guys and girls oogling at her.

 

But.

 

He wasn’t wet. Not at all. Not even a drop of rain water on him. Irene noted.

 

The raven haired scanned the surroundings.

 

A bike.

 

How did he manage to stay dry when he came on a bike? Furthermore, he had no raincoat or whatsoever.

 

"Uh, the chicken you ordered?" 

 

"Oh. A moment." Irene turned back and yell for Joy.

 

The younger ran to the door upon hearing 'chicken'.

 

"Is that... blood?" Joy eyed the man.

 

Vampire

 

The one and only word that popped in Irene's mind.

 

Was he the vampire Wendy talked about? But why would he appear when there's a group of us?

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"The red stain on your sleeve." She pointed at the man's hand as he passed the box over.

 

"Oh?" He looked down, before smirking a little. "That’s a... ketchup stain."

 

Irene squinted at the man. She definitely felt that it was a lie.

 

"... Thanks." Joy nodded a bit before shutting the door.

 

Irene went to the window and peeked behind her curtain. 

 

Wait. Did he vanish? He was no longer in sight.

 

"Joy, did you...?"

 

Joy nodded but shrugged.

 

"Maybe it’s a busy night for him." Joy spoke, looking clueless.

 

Irene thought, she was either really indifferent, or she was hiding something.

 

Seulgi sneezed.

 

As Irene turned to look at the other in reflex, she swore she saw Seulgi's canines being longer than usual.

 

What?

 

Why had Irene never notice them? Or perhaps she was being too conscious about the vampire activity that Wendy keeps bringing up.

 

Somehow it feels like Wendy is brainwashing her.

 

One thing for sure though, she needed a company tonight or she would be too afraid to even sleep a wink.

 

Irene sat back down beside Wendy as Joy went back to the kitchen to eat with Yeri.

 

A gust of cold air overwhelmed Irene.

 

What was it that she was feeling again? She had felt someone watching her again.

 

It wasn't Wendy, the girl was too focused on her own phone.

 

It wasn't Seulgi this time. She fell back into another deep slumber.

 

Neither was it Yeri nor Joy, they were obviously in the kitchen munching away.

 

Could it be the delivery boy? The smile. The smirk. 

 

And the... blood, I mean ketchup stain.

 

There, Irene sat confused.

 

What was really going on?

 

"Rinie, times really flies when I'm with you. It's already half past nine." Wendy draped her arm over Irene's shoulders.

 

". Seulgi's late for dinner." Irene shook the girl awake.

 

"Wha?" Seulgi rubbed her eyes.

 

"It's nine thirty."

 

"GOD!" She shouted before mumbling a few unintelligible words.

 

Soon, Seulgi, with the youngest two in hands, rushed out of Irene's front door without saying goodbye.

 

"Rinie? I have to go too. Sleep well." Wendy shot the older her brightest smile.

 

The blonde took her jacket from the clothes hanger by the door and wore her socks.

 

Just as the shorter placed her hand on the door knob, she heard a soft whisper.

 

"Wait." Irene looked down, shunning her face from the blonde. "Will you stay?"

 


 

Stay with me~ Kekeke Did you guys miss me my updates? Of course you didn't it wasn't even that long... But! What do y'all think? Leave your thoughts in the comments section please!!! And remeber to subscribe and upvote if possible! Thanks!