009 || Disappearance

The Heroine

 

Wendy was worried. Irene was nowhere to be found.

 

Where did she go? What if... What if Heechul got her?

 

Wendy was going crazy with negative thoughts roaming around her brain.

 

[Flashback]

 

"Wendy?"

 

"W-Why do you insist on calling me that?" The vampire faked a smile.

 

Irene called Wendy’s number again, and indeed it rang.

 

"Wow." The girl said as she turned around.

 

"Wait! I can explain!" Wendy grabbed her arm and spun her around.

 

Tears were streaming down Irene’s face.

 

Why did the younger hide the truth? Was she mocking Irene? Was Irene her source of entertainment?

 

Irene was shock. But even more, she was hurt. 

 

Did Wendy not trust her to tell her her real identity?

 

Wendy stood stunned by Irene’s tears.

 

As her grip loosen, Irene ran off, disappearing down the stairs.

 

[End of flashback]

 

"Seulgi? Have you contacted Irene?" Wendy spoke into her phone.

 

"I'm sorry but no. I've even checked her house, but her bag is missing." Seulgi was panicking as well.

 

Irene had been uncontactable for the past 64 hours and it worried the hell out of Wendy and Seulgi.

 

Especially Wendy, since she was the reason for the older's runaway.

 

"S-Seulgi... What s-should I d-do?" Wendy whispered.

 

Wendy hadn't been able to sleep since Irene's disappearance. More like hadn't rested a bit, since vampires didn't need sleep. She had been searching the whole town relentlessly when she wasn't at school.

 

"I told you you shouldn't have hidden your identity from her! I knew she would hate you when she finds out!" The girl on the other side of the line was yelling.

 

Wendy slumped on the floor, hopeless.

 

She should have listened to Seulgi, her bestfriend. She knew Irene the best, and yet Wendy chose not to listen to her.

 

"... I'm sorry Seulgi... I truly am..."

 

Wendy heard a sigh.

 

"I- Sorry. It wasn't exactly your fault... I’m just- Irene could be in danger for all we know!" 

 

Wendy could hear sobbing from the speaker.

 

"J-Joy and Yeri h-have been helping the search but I’m worried for their safety as well so their help are limited as well."

 

"Seulgi..." Wendy wanted to punch herself for creating so much trouble. 

 

For hurting Seulgi.

 

For putting Irene in danger.

 

Putting the girl she loved in danger.

 

"Wendy. Just... Just get some rest for now, I will try my best to locate her."

 

"But-"

 

"Rest up so you will have enough energy to face, and worst... save her." Seulgi demanded before she hung up.

 

Wendy slotted her device into her back pocket.

 

Seulgi was right. She needed rest. A lot of rest.

 

What... What if Heechul got her but I don’t have enough energy to save her?

 

Wendy couldn’t bring herself to think of the consequences.

 

Wendy fell for Irene the moment she saw her.

 

Irene was so cold and unapproachable. Eventhough Wendy, herself, was popular, Irene was famous too. She was just too charismatic for students to converse with her. And the students were satisfied with just watch her from a far.

 

But Wendy knew under that cold mask, Irene hid a playful and cute side.

 

Indeed, as Wendy got to know the raven haired better, she managed to catch glimpse of Irene’s true nature. And that just made the vampire fall harder.

 

Wendy knew the vampire activity that was going on. She hadn’t been able to to know who was behind it, until she managed to save Seulgi. 

 

And she never had predicted it was her cousin, Heechul. Wendy was sure there was a partner as well. Heechul had always managed to escape.

 

Wendy was sure that Irene was going to be the next target when he didn’t manage to get Seulgi.

 

That was why she got Seulgi to assist in protecting Irene.

 

Wendy was willing to risk everything.

 

She was willing to risk her life for Irene.

 

To die for her.

 

Wendy crunched herself up. She hugged her knees towards herself and sobbed into her arms.

 

Brrr....

 

Wendy felt her phone in her back pocket vibrate.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Seungwan." Wendy heard laughter from the other side. "Searching for the poor princess, aren’t we?"

 

"Heechul. What do you want? I got no time for you."

 

Wendy was about to hang up when Heechul spoke up again.

 

"Have you searched my house? She might be in my room..." The man snickered.

 

" you!" Wendy ended the call.

 

Wendy sent a text to Seulgi.

 

To: Kang Seul

 

I know where Irene is! Heechul got her!

 

Wendy ran down to the carpark and revved up her motorbike.

 

"! I will murder Heechul if even a strand of Irene hair gets missing!" Wendy mumbled as she place the helmet over her head.

 

Wendy drove her way easily through the traffic and arrived at her relative’s mansion within a few minutes.

 

"Heechul you er! What did you do to Irene?" Wendy yelled as she slammed the door open.

 

It was dark. The mansion was dark. There were no lights on.

 

Did they... move?

 

"Heechul?" Wendy called out as she felt around the walls on the side of the door for a switch.

 

"Ouch!" Wendy hissed and pulled back her finger.

 

A cut.

 

This was definitely a bad omen for Wendy.

 

Finally locating the switch, Wendy switched the lights on to see that a loose nail by the side had pricked deep into her hand.

 

Drip... 

 

The building was so silent Wendy could hear the sound of her blood dripping down clearly.

 

Heechul’s room was on the second floor, Wendy recalled.

 

Carefully, she tiptoed up the stairs, being extra cautious in case Heechul set up a trap.

 

"Irene? Are you here?"

 

Wendy’s eyes turned to the shade of blue that Irene loved and her hair shoned silver under the evening light.

 

Her senses heightened, being able to see, hear and sense clearly.

 

With lengthened canines, Wendy tried to calm herself as she stood in front of Heechul’s door.

 

Creak...

 

Wendy slowly pushed the door open, in case there were surprises waiting for her.

 

In the middle of the room stood a figure, whom Wendy wasn’t able to identify under the pale moonlight.

 

"Irene? Is that you?"

 

Wendy took a step in and switched the lights on.

 

"Well, well Seungwan..." Heechul clapped. "Who knew you would fall into our trap so easily... You’re so whipped!"

 

"W-What do you mean?" Wendy staggered backwards.

 

"Silly, I’m saying that Irene isn’t with me!"

 

As soon as Heechul finished his sentence, Wendy felt a jolt of electricity flow through her body.

 

She was electrocuted.

 

The last thing Wendy saw was the face of the man she had loved when she was younger, before she out.

 


 

Hi guys! I’m sorry for the long wait! How was it? And I’m starting to see some new usernames on the comment section, and I’m superrrrrrr glad! Keep it up guys, and do upvote if possible:)