011 || The Escape

The Heroine

 

Irene released the chain restraining her with one swift flick of her wrist.

 

Wendy and Heechul froze in horror as they watched the the girl transform.

 

Irene still had her black hair, it just looked even darker. There was no reflection, just plain black throughout. Irene's skin turned white, and eyes turned golden, with black little wordings along the rims of her iris.

 

In a flash, Irene stood in front of Heechul who look as if he had just peed his pants.

 

Irene held up her right index finger and a blue flame lit up at its tip.

 

The girl stabbed her finger onto Heechul's forehead. He screamed and it sounded more painful than Wendy's.

 

As Heechul squirmed and wriggled at the side, Irene tore the metal chains, that were restraining Wendy, apart bare-handed. It gave time for Heechul to recover and stand up, readying himself for another fight.

 

Heechul threw a left punch at Irene as she stood up, but the awakened vampire caught his fist with her left hand. She pushed it back, sending him flying into the wall at the corner. It made a hole through the brick wall.

 

Wendy was shocked at the amount of force Irene had.

 

Irene, the Dreamcatcher, had.

 

"Irene!" Wendy lounged forward to catch Irene in her arms as the other fell.

 

"W-Wendy..." Irene mumbled before she fainted.

 

Wendy smiled warmly as she leaned down to place a gentle kiss on Irene's forehead.

 

The grey haired lifted Irene on her back and left the room. At the same time, she felt vibration on her . Hands reaching to her back, she realised it was Irene's phone ringing.

 

"Hello?" 

 

"Wendy?" The line sounded. "I'm Seulgi! Where are you guys right now?" 

 

"Heechul's mansion-"

 

"Okay! I'll be there with transport." The other girl cut her off and hung up.

 

"Heechul? What happened?" Wendy heard Seowan ask the knocked down boy as she fled the house.

 

Wendy prayed that her dad wouldn't rush out to search for her, or they would be in so much trouble.

 

The vampire rested Irene against the tree a few blocks away from the mansion as she converted back to her human form. It wouldn’t be great if others saw her as a vampire.

 

She texted Seulgi her current location before Irene’s hair in affection.

 

"Rinie... Thank you for coming to my rescue even after I lied to you..." Wendy took her hand and kissed the upper side of it.

 

Wendy stared at the girl lovingly.

 

"You know... I’ve loved you since the first time I saw you." 

 

"W-Wendy...?" Irene fluttered her eyes open.

 

The younger sported a look of panic on her face as she stood up abruptly.

 

"I-Irene! Uh-" Wendy was cut off by a honk.

 

"Hurry and get in!" Joy called out in the car.

 

Wendy hung one of Irene’s arm over herself and supported her into the car.

 

"Gosh, what happened to you and Irene unnie?" Yeri gasped.

 

Even though Wendy was able to heal herself, there were still some scars here and there that needed longer time to recover. And she had dried blood stains smeared all over her body.

 

Seeing as Irene was awake now, Wendy figured that it was the best time to explain.

 

Starting from when Irene found out Wendy's true identity to where Heechul and Seowan tricked them Wendy explained everything, including their aims and reasons for capturing Irene and how Irene transformed when Heechul had tortured her.

 

"I... I turned into a vampire?!" Irene stuttered.

 

"Uh yeah... When Heechul burned me by writing your name..." Wendy blushed as she whispered the last few words.

 

"That ing !" Joy kicked the curb as she got down from the car. "Ow!"

 

The other four laughed at her foolishness before following her into Irene's house.

 

It wasn't the safest place to be in right now, but Wendy thought that it was the best place to start searching for clues about the Dreamcatcher.

 

"Rinie, does your dad keep a diary or something?" Wendy scratched the back of her head.

 

"Seriously?" Yeri raised her eyebrow in doubt.

 

"Cliché, I know. But where do you suggest we start from then?"

 

"Well, for starters, there's an artic right? Let's split up the search." Joy noted. "And Wendy, you go flip through the diary and see if there's anything useful."

 

"Yes ma'am!" Seulgi and Yeri saluted and ran up the stairs.

 

"I'll join Wendy... I want to know more about my parents..." Irene said softy.

 

Joy just gave a warmhearted smile before joining the other two upstairs.

 

Irene got a bunch of keys from the television console and led the way to her father's room.

 

"It's been locked since he... passed. I haven't gotten the courage to enter." Irene explained as she unlocked the room.

 

Wendy saw the slight trembles Irene had and decided to grab her hand to comfort her.

 

"Irene... I'm really sorry. Truely. I didn't want to lie to you, but I had to. Who in the world who claim themsleves as a vampire? I didn't want to scare you off... Irene I'm sorry, really. I will do anything just for you to forgive me." Wendy rambled as she closed the door behind her.

 

"What did you mean?"

 

"About me lyi-"

 

"I mean under the tree just now." Irene stared in to Wendy's eyes.

 

[Flashback]

 

"Rinie... Thank you for coming to my rescue even after I lied to you..." Wendy took her hand and kissed the upper side of it.

 

Wendy stared at the girl lovingly.

 

"You know... I’ve loved you since the first time I saw you." 

 

[End of flashback]

 

"O-Oh that...?" Wendy mumbled nervously.

 

She had thought Irene was passed out and couldn't hear anything she said. Now she is in deep . How would Irene react? Reject her? Hate her?

 

Eventhough there was a slight chance that Irene could reciprocate her feelings, Wendy didn't think it would happen. Not after being caught lying.

 

"It's nothing... Really."

 

"Son Seungwan. Are you saying that your feelings for me are nothing?!" Irene raised her voice and stared harder into Wendy's eyes.

 

Wendy kept mum and looked towards the side, refusing to meet Irene's dark brown orbs.

 

Irene pecked Wendy's lips for a brief moment before pulling away.

 

"It hurts to hear you disregard your feeling for me, you know..." Irene turned, back facing Wendy.

 

"I-Irene?" Wendy was startled by her sudden confession. Wait, it was a confeesion right? At least, an indirect one.

 

"Yes?" Irene replied softly.

 

"You know... I’ve loved you since the first time I saw you." Wendy turned her around. "That was what I said then."

 

Irene smiled before leaning in for another kiss.

 

A longer one this time.

 

Wendy felt as if she was floating when Irene's soft and plump lips landed on hers. The sweet vanilla taste that she felt as her tongue gently grazed against Irene's lips. Wendy wished that time would stop for them. She knew that she could kiss Irene forever and not get tired. But the problem was, time didn't wait for anyone. And they were also begining to run out of breath.

 

"I love you too, Wan-ah!" Irene panted as she rested her forehead against the other's.

 


 

Bad boy down! Andddd tadah! Wenrene finally got together~ Sorry if the romance part was a little rushed... Do comment and upvote :)