014 || Seowan and Seunghee

The Heroine

 

"Strange." Irene poked at her food.

 

"What? About Heechul and Wendy’s dad?" Joy asked, mouth full of food.

 

"Swallow before you speak, Park!" Seulgi reprimanded and knocked her head.

 

"No. Why don’t I need to consume blood?"

 

Irene looked at her four other friends who looked as confused as her.

 

"Girls, have you been enjoying lunch?" Siyeon came into the dining room.

 

"Umma. Why don’t we need to consume blood to stay alive?" Wendy asked.

 

The blonde had been referring to Siyeon as 'Umma' since she started learning from her. Siyeon was a great teacher, and at the same time, fitting for a mother (though she can get playful at times).

 

"Oh that? Well, it goes a long way back." JiU said as she came in with SuA, clinging onto her once again. "The older generation of vampires found the taste human food disgusting. And that was when they heard the rumors. It was said that their fangs are developed for them to extract blood, so they've tried all sort of blood. They eventually found the best blood, which was human's blood. Time passed as they fed on human's blood, and a village head actually discovered that the more they consume blood, the stronger they become.

 

"To answer your question, there was a period where vampires were everywhere. Only a few humans were around and they were hidden really well. Thus the vampires had no choice but to feed on livestocks including their meat to survive. Eventually, as generations passed, they evolved and adapted their taste to human's food. During that period, many vampires weren't able to adjust and starved to death, thus the human population grew, resulting in the scarcely populated vampires.

 

"But some vampires still practice drinking blood, as they strive to acheive better goals. For example, Heechul and Seowan are hoping to extract a pure Dreamcatcher's blood before she awakens, to obtain the Dreamcatcher’s power easily, of course."

 

Irene chewed on her food silently as she tried to proccess the new information.

 

"So, all we kot da do iz drink their plood?" Joy spoke with full, again.

 

Yeri opened and bit on Joy's arm.

 

"!" Joy managed to swallow all of her food without choking.

 

"I was just doing what you said!" Yeri smirked.

 

"Yeri it doesn't work like that! I can't believe you're as dumb as Seulgi!"

 

"Hey!" The latter kicked Joy under the dining table.

 

All of them just laughed at Seulgi. 

 

Irene was enjoying this moment. This moment of happiness with Wendy. This moment of bliss with her beloved friends (eventhough some are new).

 

She wished time would stop. She hoped her life just revolve around these people, no troubles, no worries, just filled with happiness.

 

Irene hoped all of the vampire matter was just a dream. A bad one. 

 

A nightmare.

 

And she just wanted to wake up from it.

 

"Irene!" A shout was heard. "I know you are in there! Come out now!"

 

The wooden door to the kitchen slid open and Gahyun appeared.

 

"Appa! There are some guys outside barging in and the unnies are trying to stop them!"

 

"What?" 

 

Irene was the first to rush out.

 

She knew who it was before even looking.

 

Seowan.

 

Seowan and his group is back.

 

How coincidental... She was just saying that it was all a nightmare.

 

"Yoohyeon! Dami!" Irene shouted as she saw them handling five men by themselves.

 

All of them froze when they heard Irene’s voice. The two younger vampires hurried back by their parents’ side when they came out.

 

"There you are." Seowan smirked. "I’ve been looking for ages."

 

" off." Wendy hissed and stood in front of Irene, in a protective manner.

 

"Dear Wendy... You are probably the one who should be protected... not her." Heechul snickered. "Worry about yourself first!"

 

Without a warning Heechul dashed forward in a flash and landed a kick on Wendy’s right cheek.

 

"You-" Irene was about to punch Heechul but was stopped by Seowan.

 

The girl transformed into her vampire form and pushed him back with her fist.

 

"I see, you’ve become stronger over the past few days..." Seowan started laughing suddenly. "Magnificent! Now I crave for you power even more!"

 

"You !" Irene lifted her leg for a kick in the center.

 

The man fell to the ground, holding his crotch.

 

It was only then, Irene realised that fellow members from her clan, along with Seulgi, are fighting off the many other lower-tied vampires that Seowan brought along. They were outnumbered, but were more skilled and powerful.

 

"Rinie watch out!" Irene turned back to see Seowan extending his fist towards her.

 

She dodged just in time, the other missing by an inch.

 

"Speak for yourself!" Heechul snickered as he pulled a kick onto Wendy’s stomach.

 

Heechul had greatly improved in his skills, and Irene wondered if he had trained or he resorted to drinking others’ blood again. But she wouldn’t be surprised if it was the latter option.

 

Wendy seemed to be struggling against him. But Heechul didn’t seem like he was having it easy either.

 

"Eyes over here, little kitten~" Seowan smirk when he flipped in the air and kicked Irene’s head before landing perfectly on his two feet. "You don’t seem to have gotten used to your power yet."

 

Seowan stomped on Irene’s hand and twisted his foot.

 

Irene let out a painful scream.

 

"No!" Wendy pounced on her father.

 

"Sorry..."

 

Irene could hear Seowan whisper softly before he pushed Wendy towards the wall.

 

The sorrowful look only lasted for a second before it was replaced by the usual cruel smirk.

 

Could it be... that he still treasured Wendy as his daughter...?

 

Then why is he doing this? Wanting of power, and disregarding his own child’s life?

 

Irene could never understand.

 

"Why?" Irene muttered. "Why are you doing this?"

 

"Why?" Seowan snorted. "I wanted to ask you why too!"

 

Irene stared at the man.

 

He was just standing there laughing.

 

From the corner of her eye, she could see that Wendy was unconscious and the rest were still fighting (with the exception of Joy and Yeri who hid in the house). She couldn’t see Heechul. The guy was nowhere to be found. Not even his shadow could be seen.

 

"I never did anything." Irene replied, wanting to buy time so that Wendy could wake up.

 

"You didn’t. But your ancestors did!" Seowan had tears streaming down his face.

 

Irene was shocked.

 

The man, the vampire who was cruel to his own child, he who is had an evil personality, was actually shedding tears.

 

"What... What did Seunghee even do?" He continued.

 

"M-Mom...? What happened to mom?" 

 

Irene turned to see Wendy on her feet, a hand on the wall, struggling to support herself.

 

"Seungwan-ah! I’m so sorry I swear!"

 

Seowan fell to the ground on his knees.

 

Irene was baffled at the scene.

 

Why the sudden change in behavior? Seowan... He’s actually... not evil?

 

"Wendy! I swear I’m sorry for not being able to protect her!" Seowan sobbed. "Her... Her dad forced her to obtain the power of the Dreamcatcher... And I was supposed to p-protect her! But all these es here! They killed her! They almost killed me! Seunghee used her last breath to get me out of that hellhole!"

 

"It’s not your fault dad... Mom... Mom probably knew what was gonna happen." Wendy said and crouched beside her father, giving him a hug. "I’m sure she knows its not your fault. And it wasn’t their ancestors fault either. It’s grandfather. Just like you... they probably wanted to protected their loved ones."

 

Seowan was silently sobbing. 

 

Irene’s heart warmed at the sight. Seowan wasn’t a bad person afterall... He was just too loyal and vengeful. But Irene could understand how he felt anyways.

 

"Seunghee... I’m sorry..."

 

"Seunghee?"

 

Irene sat up and saw Handong back from the market, carrying bags of grocery.

 

"You mean, Kang Seunghee?" Wendy nodded.

 

"Wait... Are you... Son Seowan?" Handong dropped the grocery bags.

 


Sorry for disappearing for a couple of days... Uh and a sad news, the next update will be the last chap. BUT there is going to be a sequel. :) Comment please