015 || The Velvet [Final]

The Heroine

 

"Seowan?" JiU called out.

 

Irene was puzzled.

 

Did they know each other? How?

 

"Wait. Let me get something..." Handong dug through her handbag, bringing out a old piece of parchment.

 

Seowan took it with trembling hands and read it out for Wendy.

 

Dear Seowan,

  I am terribly sorry for not being there for you and Seungwan. Please do not blame Handong and the others for my death. I was the one who stabbed myself with the Velvet Sword.

  Please, I hope you would raise Seungwan up to be a fine lady. Remarry if you do find someone. I know that Seungwan needs a mom.

  I... I didn't tell you my decision because I know you would want to die along with me. However, Seungwan needs someone to guide her through this hell of a world. Please, for me to rest in peace, take care of Seungwan for me. For us.

Love, 

  Seunghee

 

Seowan was a sobbing mess. So was Wendy. 

 

The father and daughter embraced each other tightly. After so many years,  they've finally found the reason of Seunghee's death. 

 

Irene's heart fell.

 

Wendy had been suffering alone since young just because of some misunderstanding. A misunderstanding that led even the grown up and sensible Seowan down the wrong path. The cause of a foolish mistake. The cause of the lost of many lives.

 

"Wen-"

 

"Everyone freeze!"

 

Irene turned towards the source of the voice an saw Heechul holding a fainted Yeri and a struggling Joy as hostages.

 

"Heechul!" Irene hissed. "Let them go!"

 

"Sure..." Heechul smirked and pushed Joy towards them.

 

He picked up Yeri's unconscious body from the ground and sniffed her neck.

 

"That's what you wish!" Heechul laughed and opened his mouth wide, exposing his fangs, positioning it in front of Yeri's jugular.

 

Irene ran forth, hoping her superhuman speed would be in time to save the girl, but her hopes weren't too high. 

 

She was too far.

 

Just as the tip of the fangs touched the skin of the poor girl's neck, a foot came out of nowhere and hit straight onto Heechul's face, sending him flying backwards.

 

The mysterious figure took Yeri in their arms and hopped up to the roof, temporarily out of danger.

 

"Why! Why does my plan gets ruined every single ing time?!" Heechul screamed. "Get them!"

 

The remaining men started exchanging blows with Yoohyeon and her family at the command, catching most of them off guard.

 

"Stop it Chul." Seowan muttered. "It's all over. S-Seunghee wasn't murd-"

 

"What makes you think I care who murdered her?!" Heechul let out a sarcastic laugh.

 

The man walked towards the father and daughter.

 

Irene jumped and threw a kick at him, in hopes of protecting Wendy. And... maybe her father.

 

" off !" Heechul swung his arm back at the girl who was in mid-air.

 

Irene flew towards the direction of the house, where the bricks have already collapse and had protruding metal rods.

 

Wendy screamed.

 

Irene flew right into one of the rods, impaling her right chest. Blood was splattered everywhere. Irene coughed. Red was all she saw coming out. Pools of redness everywhere.

 

"Blood... Dreamcatcher's blood!" Heechul snickered. "I would save you for later, my dear... Now." 

 

Heechul pulled his coat open, revealing a sheathed sword. The scabbard was black, with red cravings of unique designs. Upon a closer look, Irene could make out a phoenix on it.

 

"T-The... The Velvet!" JiU shouted as she kicked away her opponent. "How dare the filthy you touch such a holy weapon!"

 

"Mom! Watch out!" Yoohyeon called as she deflected a hit that was meant for the former.

 

"Filthy?" Heechul stared at her. "Hah! This is filthy. Not me."

 

He kicked Seowan's weak human body aside. 

 

Wendy was weak on the ground as well, wounds all around her slender figure.

 

Irene turned her head to look around. Seeing as Joy had joined the other two on the roof and was safe for now, she let out a sigh. Her clan and Seulgi were mostly able to cope so she wasn't very worried. 

 

But Wendy and Seowan was in a vulnerable state. And Heechul had a deadly weapon that has the ability to murder vampires, inferior and superior. Worst, she was immobile. 

 

Injured and stuck to the wall, Irene could only watch helplessly as danger approached Wendy.

 

"Finally." Heechul huffed. "I was planning to murder you after you led me to the Dreamcatcher. Did you think really wanted to get revenge for Seunghee? I don't even ing know who's that!"

 

He drew the sword out of its shealth, the silver blade glimmered under the sunlight, reflecting everything that stood on its opposite.

 

"For the love of God, where did you find that?!" Siyeon exclaimed.

 

"Don't be so surprised... Afterall, a fireplace wasn't the best place to hide things." Heechul snickered as he saw them trying their best to fend his men that over-numbered them. "I shall first start with... this scum."

 

Heechul pointed the sword at Wendy.

 

"Recall all the times when you stopped me and destroyed all my perfect plans! You don't deserve death... but I shall be merciful and send you to the depths of Hell!" 

 

Heechul raised the sword high, and with momentum, he swung it down, towrads the defenseless girl who was back in her human form.

 

"NO!" Irene screamed as tears trickled down her eyes. "Seungwan! Don't you dare you ing !"

 

For the second bloody time, red was all Irene could see. 

 

The once green lawn was painted with a layer of red.

 

The once shiny blade was stained with a shade of red.

 

Wendy's ever golden blonde hair was soaked in red.

 

 

 

Red.

 

 

 

Irene never liked that colour.

 

Red was what she saw first when she left her mother's womb. 

 

Red was what she saw when her father got ran over by a ing truck.

 

Red was what she saw when Wendy was tortured by Heechul, in her place.

 

As fresh tears ran down her cheeks, her vision blurred. Blinking a few times, she tried to register the scene before her.

 

The Velvet's red and black hilt stuck out of Seowan's abdomen.
 

What?!

 

"D-Dad...?" Wendy mumbled. "D-Dad? Ple...ase no!"

 

Heechul stumbled backwards from the shock as he fell to the ground.

 

He never did wanted to murder Seowan. He just wanted to use the Velvet as a weapon against him.

 

Memories started flooding back in his mind. Flashbacks of when Seowan had brought him up when he was abandoned by his parents. Recalling how Seowan always flashed him a warm smile whenever he was feeling down. A sickening ache formed in his heart as beads of tears formed in his eyes. 

 

It's a bloody mistake.

 

Heechul fell to the ground, kneeling before Seowan's dead body.

 

"I-I'm sorry... I'm sorry! ! I-I'm so sorry..." Heechul leaned forth as his forehead rested on the ground, and his hands forming a fist in deep regret.

 

"Ahh!"

 

Wendy's hair turned grey under the dark red stains. She dragged her own body towards Heechul and punched him, weakly.

 

"Why?!" 

 

Wendy sat on top of him and delivered never-ending punches at the lifeless boy.

 

"Wendy..." Irene mumbled.

 

With a final yell, Wendy brought herself up and pulled the Velvet out of her father. Using her last strength, she swung the bloody weapon down, plunging it into his heart.

 

 

 

It all ended.

 

It all finally ended.

 

Irene was finally able to wake up from her nightmare.

 

Irene saw Wendy falling to the ground, before she herself, fainted.

 


 

First of all, #HappyYeriDay! Our savage cutie pie!!!

Okay, I'll have to apologise for leaving y'all with such a ty ending... But that's because this story was focused on the thriller part and less of the romance. Fret not, the upcoming sequel will be focused more on romance. And also, I didn't give a clear introduction to Yeri's saviour(I apologise) but I'm sure most of you know who she is..... haha! See you guys in the sequel :)